The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

does this counts for players like scheifele?..he still has no contract but what if the jets think they could you use him on the roster for 2011/12 cuz had an impact in the pre season? well if this happens i´d also sign him via ELC and he would have an fixed spot on my roster.

I think he meant guys that are unsigned prospects/minor leaguers, Scheifele was your own prospect that you drafted so that should be fine to send an offer in for.

Right, if you drafted the player and he's in your system already, you can sign the player. I meant undrafted players that GMs hope to snag under the radar. Excellent way to build your prospect pool, but we want to clear things up first to help smooth the transition for the new execs.

Will we still be able to sign guys who we've targeted, sent in an offer to in the last few days and who have a reasonable chance at making the club that they are playing for currently , or trying out for?

I have one such offer currently pending with lethunder, in order not to just boost my minor ranks, but in order to place onto my bottom 6, hopefully, should he be picked up by the 'real life team'.

Thanks to OTTS and c2x

Right, if you drafted the player and he's in your system already, you can sign the player. I meant undrafted players that GMs hope to snag under the radar. Excellent way to build your prospect pool, but we want to clear things up first to help smooth the transition for the new execs.

Sorry, my bad, I thought you were asking about "unsigned players".

What c2x is putting a freeze on is prospects that have not been drafted during our entry draft.

/topic/308889-2011-cdcgml-entry-draft/">Entry Draft

If there are players that have been drafted/signed by a team in real life, but nobody owns their rights, then you aren't allowed to sign them for now.

There isn't really a list of undrafted or unsigned players, you'd just have to go through all the team charts.

200px-Ottawa_Senators.svg.pngPress Release200px-Ottawa_Senators.svg.png

The Ottawa Senators have made their first cuts at their 2011 training camp. With 49 players at camp this year, the coach's have their work cut out for them. The players in the first round of cuts are prospects who the organisation has decided need a little more experience with their Junior or European clubs. The following players have been sent back to their teams:

Forwards

Riley Sheahan, Center - Notre Dame/NCAA

Nick Shore, Center - Denver/NCAA

Matthew Nieto, Rightwing - Boston University/NCAA

Max Friberg, Leftwing - Timrå/SEL

Defence

Brandon Archibald, Defence - Sault Ste. Marie/OHL

Goalies

Samu Perhonen, Goalie - JYP/A-Nuorten SM-Liiga

Tentative Penguins Roster....

Forwards

Heatley - Staal - Jagr

Hall - Stamkos - Penner

Brunette - Mitchell - Jones

Konopka - Gaustad - (TBD)

Caputi - Couturier - Glennie

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Defence

Timmonen - Coburn

Colaiacovo - Souray

Clitsome - (TBD)

Cole - Kessel

Sanguinetti - Johnsson(redcross_flag_tmb.jpg)

Goaltending

Varlamov

Greiss

Markstrom

Niittymaki(redcross_flag_tmb.jpg)

I'd appreciate hearing any thoughts or analysis....as I finish tweaking the lineup, heading into the season.

Rumor:

The Montreal Canadiens are very disappointed with the 10-game suspension handed out to Jody Shelley, and not because they disagree with the decision. Word around the team suggests that upper-management is not pleased with Shelley, as they had spoken with him numerous times last season about staying out of trouble with the league. Well, that lasted only a few periods into the pre-season. Don't be surprised if _arby_18 is calling around the league, gauging whether or not there is any interest in Shelley.

Good call on Shelley... solid character guy from I know, but man...but with Shanno in charge of discipline this year... I'd be worried if I had any players prone to suspension on my team (Anyone feel like guessing how many games Matt Cooke is going to get in total this year? - hopefully instead guys like Shelley and Cooke clean up their act, but still play with some intensity, but otherwise, if this is how the bar is being set, I wouldn't be surprised if Cooke ended up sitting out for 20-30 games).

Here's hoping Shanahan cleans up the league this year and hands out fair and balanced discipline, and here's hoping those "dirty" players clean up their game for the betterment of hockey and everyone's sake.

The Pittsburgh Penguins management and coaching staff have a great relationship and complete confidence in Sheldon. We believe Sheldon will return to his previous top 4 form and those that doubt or make light of his passion, professionalism or production potential will be proven wrong with what our organization believes will be a banner year for Sheldon.

Archived