Posted Image

#92 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Ha ha! I was thinking of doing this myself!

The same blonde ? That could get interesting .....lol :emot-parrot:

bmw-e30-m3-drift-o.gif

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#93 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,382 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

I saw a flock of birds flying north instead of south yesterday. Hmmmmmmmmm

That's easy to explain - global warming. :)

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#94 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

The same blonde ? That could get interesting .....lol :emot-parrot:

I like where this is going...

:bigblush:

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#95 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

I just started a new BAGM mode in NHL 13 and my game froze as it tried to sim passed December 21st.

Hmmmm....

#96 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

It's the End of the World as we know it...and I feel fine....
Posted Image

View PostScott Hartnell, on 11 June 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#97 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

just in case you're still stupid enough to think it's actually going to happen

http://indiancountry...00-years-112465

#98 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Caught this video on you tube. Apparently it was supposed to be released the day after 12/21/12, but it leaked out.

http://mashable.com/...the-world-nasa/

#99 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Yes it is! You just watch!

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#100 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,976 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

Contrary to your belief..

Google is gonna become skynet.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#101 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,070 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Ultimate troll scenario: World ends on December 21st, 2012 at 11:59pm

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#102 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

Why did you think it was?
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

#103 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Nope...not soon at all...my countdown clock is still at 5 billion years and counting. Some people are really f***in' stupid. Times like this I really miss a guy like George Carlin...he'd ripped these idiots apart. lol.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#104 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

Ultimate troll scenario: World ends on December 21st, 2012 at 11:59pm

Which time zone?

#105 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

Yeah thought this was pretty comical and just wanted to share. I did not mention that I personally believed that the world would end just incase I wasn't clear lol. Was really bored, stumbled on the article/video, and decided to post it.

Edited by JohnLennon, 16 December 2012 - 10:48 AM.

#106 Kryten

Kryten

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Nope...not soon at all...my countdown clock is still at 5 billion years and counting. Some people are really f***in' stupid. Times like this I really miss a guy like George Carlin...he'd ripped these idiots apart. lol.

5 Billion years? I thought it was 4.5 Billion years until the sun goes supernova.... Hope that's true cuz I wouldn't want to cut the lifetime of whatever lifeform there is on Earth at that time any shorter. And yes, there are seven words I would like to hear on television directed at apocolyptic nutbars.
Posted Image

#107 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

5 Billion years? I thought it was 4.5 Billion years until the sun goes supernova.... Hope that's true cuz I wouldn't want to cut the lifetime of whatever lifeform there is on Earth at that time any shorter. And yes, there are seven words I would like to hear on television directed at apocolyptic nutbars.

Hehe why don't we get technical...life here on Earth is expected to cease in 500 million years due to the sun heating up as its fuel is burnt and changed into heavier elements. So hey, we've got 500 million years to learn how to treat one another in this world...and sadly I don't think that's enough time.
Posted Image

#108 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

I ate a cookie.

Now my tummy hurts...

#109 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

I want to remind everyone that today is the beginning of the last week of our earth. It all comes to an end this friday, Dec. 21. Anyone got any plans? No sense in buying Xmas presents if the world is coming to an end.

Edited by DonLever, 17 December 2012 - 04:52 AM.

#110 Wh!stler R!der

Wh!stler R!der

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

I want to remind everyone that today is the beginning of the last week of our earth. It all comes to an end this friday, Dec. 21. Anyone got any plans? No sense in buying Xmas presents if the world is coming to an end.

I guess I should put that mistletoe somewhere else to get the last party started ;)
This city deserves a championship. This is the best era in Canucks history, keep bleeding blue n green always!
Win it for Ripper, Luc and Demo.

#111 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,382 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Posted Image

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#112 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Posted Image

LMFAO@ 420 degrees on Sunday....I needed that laugh.
Posted Image

#113 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Hehe why don't we get technical...life here on Earth is expected to cease in 500 million years due to the sun heating up as its fuel is burnt and changed into heavier elements. So hey, we've got 500 million years to learn how to treat one another in this world...and sadly I don't think that's enough time.

You mean 500 million years to colonize and build hockey rinks on Mars !

#114 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

If I finally win LottoMax on Friday I will be certain that the world is ending..............
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#115 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

You mean 500 million years to colonize and build hockey rinks on Mars !

Posted Image

#116 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,811 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

My buddy is taking no chances. He's getting a bunch of food, his wife and his truck and camper and going to the interior from 19th to 21st of December.

Seriously.

He's a great friend, but I think paranoia has gotten the best of him.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#117 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,132 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

My buddy is taking no chances. He's getting a bunch of food, his wife and his truck and camper and going to the interior from 19th to 21st of December.

Seriously.

He's a great friend, but I think paranoia has gotten the best of him.

You look like a fool if nothing happens. You look like a genius if something does happen.

This day will come and go like every other day. Watching some of those Doomsday shows on the National Geographic channel, even the bible thumpers believe it's the end times. Again, this day will come and go like any other day and they will be 0/xxx in their doomsday predictions ever since you know who was crucified.
Posted Image

#118 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#119 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

Chinese authorities arrest dozens for spreading Mayan apocalypse rumours

Claims that the world will end on Friday have gained traction in China, where the disaster movie 2012 was a box office hit

Posted Image
Mayan apocalypse 'survival pods' on sale in China's Hebei province. Photograph: Ed Jones/AFP/Getty Images

It's the end of the world – unless you're in the Chinese Communist party. Over the past few weeks, Chinese authorities have detained over 93 people across seven provinces for spreading rumours that the end is nigh, laying bare the party's obsession with social stability and maintaining its tight grip on power.
Many people in China believe in the so-called "Mayan apocalypse" – slated to take place on 21 December, the last day on the Mayan long count calendar – because it was the central premise of the disaster film 2012, a box office sensation in China when it was released three years ago.
A man who slashed 22 schoolchildren last week in Henan province was "psychologically affected" by doomsday rumours, wrote the state newswire Xinhua. Shoppers in Sichuan province have been panic buying candles, convinced that Friday will kick off three consecutive days of darkness.
Authorities in far north-western Qinghai province arrested 37 members of a group called the Church of the Almighty God for spreading doomsday rumours last Thursday, according to a provincial government website. The group, which was founded in 1992, believes that a female Jesus has been, or will be, reincarnated in mainland China. It has called for death to the "Big Red Dragon", its term for the Communist party. Hundreds of its followers have clashed with police in three provinces over the past week.
"A big eye was found in the sun on 9 December in Beijing, and female Jesus manifested herself with her name. Great tsunamis and earthquakes are about to happen around the world," said part of a text message that the group sent to its adherents, according to the state-run Global Times newspaper. Chinese authorities call the group an "evil cult" that is guilty of embezzlement, kidnapping and torture.
State media said that authorities confiscated "a large number of banners, discs, slogans, books and printing machines", but did not go into detail. It did not mention the group's member count, though independent estimates range from thousands to over a million.
The rapid rise of subversive, quasi-religious groups in China is not without precedent. The mid-19th Taiping Rebellion, a bloody uprising against the Manchu Qing emperor, was led by a peasant claiming to be the younger brother of Jesus Christ; his army at one point controlled a swath of the country home to 30 million people. The persecuted spiritual group Falun Gong – also labelled an "evil cult" by Chinese authorities – operates an openly anti-Communist newspaper and television station from overseas.
"There's an incentive for politicians to strike back at these groups and their way of thinking, to reassure everyone that everything's going to be all right," said Joshua Rosenzweig, researcher at the Centre for China Studies at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. "The most important thing is that they are sending a message of zero tolerance and trying to keep control."
Authorities have detained a total of 34 people in the south-eastern province of Fujian for spreading rumours, six of them for selling red paper discs emblazoned with apocalypse-proof charms. Another four were accused of encouraging pedestrians to save themselves by handing over their names, phone numbers and addresses. Four were arrested in Hebei and Sichuan provinces for distributing cataclysm-themed leaflets, and another four in the south-western metropolis Chongqing for prophesying via megaphone on the city's streets.
Some Chinese people have found less subversive ways of dealing with the prophesy. Companies have made waves on social media websites by offering doomsday holidays and bonuses. One farmer in Hebei province built seven buoyant steel-and-fibreglass "survival pods" in his garage. Each costs about £30,000, holds 14 people, and includes oxygen, food, water and safety belts. Another pod-maker in Zhejiang province has received 21 orders for his high-quality, custom-made arks. One sold for almost £500,000.
A farmer in the far-western Xinjiang Autonomous Region spent about £100,000 to build a barge-like ark with 60 tonnes of steel and 30 protective layers of fibre resin. "I invested all of my savings in the construction of this boat," he told Chinese media. "When the time comes, everyone can take refuge in it."

#120 Dral

Dral

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

Posted Image

Is that an Ewok... on Tatooine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.