The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa Calls On Canucks Fans To Be Louder

hockeyville88

Nuck Nit: So you go to work and come home each day. These guys are on the road and may miss their child's first words. Their birthdays.

They could get injured (badly) -ask Bieksa about that one.

I can't afford to go to games, as a single working Mom who's relied on for the roof overhead. But I save and treat myself every once in awhile, because that's what I do (vs vacations, movies, etc.).

It's a hundred bucks - you afford internet each month, so it's about choices really.

These guys have earned the right to play in the NHL - and, with that, the paycheques that are in line with that. They are sucking? Last time I checked, they played in the last game of the NHL season last year while other teams watched from home.

They're on top of the league again this year and assured a playoff spot. That's not sucking.

Yes, they've slumped. You mean you've never had an "off day" or two at work. If you say "no", you're likely lying.

Real world is these guys mostly play because they love the game - they don't like losing any more than you or I like them losing. But there is no "perfection" to be had in sports....even the very best falter at times. It's just how it is.

I usually scream my guts out, not so much at the Dallas game though.

I hate sitting in the lower bowl for a number of reasons, I don't like the view and the crowd is usually too lame.

I prefer to sit up high where I can see everything develop plus I almost always sit in the same seat with the same group of yahoos and it's fun.

2nd row balcony FTW.

I was at the Jets game, the Canuck fan were way way louder than the jets fans! The author of that article is a little crazy if he thinks that the jets fans were louder than us. But I do agree the arena should be louder overall.

A well thought out response, NN.

And I do understand the frustration that people are venting and the point you are making. I guess mine is that all the money in the world can't "buy" perfection - these players are human beings so, with that, will have off days and slumps. Maybe we have to experience these moments to appreciate the really great ones. We've been rather spoiled lately with a winning team...it's like shock hits when the boys stumble a bit. Anger shouldn't factor in - you don't think they hate losing?

I get that KB's saying "hey, come out and make lots of noise and we'll hear and it'll boost us". Not: "cheer for us because we deserve it". I can't find fault in that.

Ya... sit down... I can't see! :) some times it is quiet... but then it is usually because we have nothing to cheer about! We have also been told not to make noise during the play...by security! No more cowbell during the game right Deb!

Exactly ;) ...we have been approached by security (CBC HNIC game/crew vs TO - how DARE we cheer!). Had an issue with the cowbell, yet felt it was fine to stand behind me yapping in my ear about anything but the hockey game I was paying to see. I don't think paying fans should be told to pipe down if they're cheering.

I'm not talking about incessant, inappropriate noise and shrieking either...just an ovation when we've had a good shift on a kill or after a big, crunching hit, etc. When the time is right. Shouldn't have to be quiet at a hockey game.

Archived