The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Transgender Contestant Booted Out Of Miss Vancouver Pagent

DonLever

You know what , its been said on here a few times and i totally agree. They need to make the competition have rules against plastic surgery all together. Most of the girls on there are so fake already and half made of plastic. Jenna, isnt much different, (s)he just had surgery and altered different parts of the body than the others. I for one, dont like women that are half plastic, so make all of them abide to the same rule. That way there is no descrimination. Not sure how you would enforce that though.

On another note, as admirable it is for her to fight them and allow him/her back into the competition, do you really think they are going to let her win?? Imagine you went to get a job and they descriminated against you, then you sued or made a big stink about it, do you think they would allow you to get on to the job after that, and if they did, do you think that you wouldnt get picked on and have them trying to fire you the whole time you were there ?

You know what , its been said on here a few times and i totally agree. They need to make the competition have rules against plastic surgery all together. Most of the girls on there are so fake already and half made of plastic. Jenna, isnt much different, (s)he just had surgery and altered different parts of the body than the others. I for one, dont like women that are half plastic, so make all of them abide to the same rule. That way there is no descrimination. Not sure how you would enforce that though.

On another note, as admirable it is for her to fight them and allow him/her back into the competition, do you really think they are going to let her win?? Imagine you went to get a job and they descriminated against you, then you sued or made a big stink about it, do you think they would allow you to get on to the job after that, and if they did, do you think that you wouldnt get picked on and have them trying to fire you the whole time you were there ?

On topic......

If Jenna Talackova lied on her entrance forms about being physically born a woman, then the pageant people do have the right to remove her from the contest. It's unfortunate and wrong, but if it's spelled out right there in the paperwork.........

Perhaps the question here should be that in the future, the question on the form should be worded differently to allow post-surgical transgendered people participation in the pageant(s).

• 1 month later...

I can understand that she(he) may have a gender issue and was born into a gender she did not wanna be...but to enter a contest which is strictly for "FEMALES" is against the rules of the contest.

Do what you need to to feel safe and content. But dont think that all rules will apply accordingly to you as a female when you are NOT~!

Archived