44 replies to this topic

#31 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

AV has by far been a great coach for the Canucks. the worst was NONIS...OMG!!!!!!!!!! He couldnt coach at all!!!!!!!!!!! Idk even know what team hes on right now, or if he is still coaching. AV has been great!! Its not like we lost 20 games straigh in the reg.season, thats when Coaches get fired and move to another team. Av has been great in this organization. I wouldnt mind having Crow back, he was cool!! Highly doubt he'll be back coaching though.

#32 needtogetswole

needtogetswole

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

AV has by far been a great coach for the Canucks. the worst was NONIS...OMG!!!!!!!!!! He couldnt coach at all!!!!!!!!!!! Idk even know what team hes on right now, or if he is still coaching. AV has been great!! Its not like we lost 20 games straigh in the reg.season, thats when Coaches get fired and move to another team. Av has been great in this organization. I wouldnt mind having Crow back, he was cool!! Highly doubt he'll be back coaching though.

nonis was never a coach? what the...

#33 kacholu

kacholu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

nonis was never a coach? what the...

Haha that's what I was wondering what the ****??

But I really hope AV is gone. He is a great regular season coach but a horrible playoff coach.

#34 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

I would be shocked if AV is gone
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#35 Ron Swansons Moustache

Ron Swansons Moustache

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

It's going to be an interesting off season im on the fence with AV but leaning towards a change.
http://Posted Image

#36 King_Canuckian

King_Canuckian

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

So... I just saw some stats on the cdc front page, and I decided to look a little deeper. Raymond was -3, while Kassian was +1... the ONLY Canuck on the positive side of that stat these playoffs. So remind me again why the brilliant AV benched Kassian, and played Raymond in game 5.

Adios AV.

#37 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

ummmm, it was dave nonis that hired AV.
you were saying.... :rolleyes:

#38 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

i dont know why these canuck fans still want AV think of it

1) grabner
2) shirokov
3) hodgeson

same old bs he is not patient with a young talent and this is why he should be fired

#39 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

You really need to get a grip on stuff you post about... between paying for contracts that you trade and Dave Nonis as a coach... yeah maybe educate yourself on hockey first!

#40 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

I bet coach Vig will end up in Montreal this coming year.

#41 Kooly89

Kooly89

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

OP, I am not doubting you as a hockey fan or a Nucks fan, but you are quite ignorant on the world of hockey. Av is not going anywhere, he'll be coaching the Nucks for awhile

#42 Ocular Patdown

Ocular Patdown

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

OP, I am not doubting you as a hockey fan or a Nucks fan, but you are quite ignorant on the world of hockey. Av is not going anywhere, he'll be coaching the Nucks for awhile

The irony.

#43 eyvn

eyvn

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Don't see Gillis firing AV until next season if the team goes on a drought.

#44 King_Canuckian

King_Canuckian

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

POPULAR

Don't be so quick to judge... coaches have been fired for much less. 1st round exits are a very bad sign, a lengthy losing streak got Therrien fired less than a year after guiding the Pens to game 7 of the Finals. Terry Crisp was fired in Calgary one year after winning the cup, and bowing out to the Kings in the 1st round. The Flames were 2nd overall that year, and lost in 6 games.

We are talking the President's Trophy winners having the most embarrassing defeat out of any President's Trophy winners ever.

MG will have lots of conversations with the Aquilini's, AV, the captains and associates, and the goalies. And remember that the Aquilini's are hockey fans too, they see what we see. If they really want to see AV gone, they will pressure MG into firing him.

Everyone involved has to consider the best option for the team moving forward. 1 year ago, there was only one way the team could have moved forward (winning the cup), and they took a significant step back. So they have to come up with a different strategy. Unfortunately, this is AV's failing point where the strategy stays the same whether they are up 3 or down 3. For that reason, he is the most likely to be changed.

#45 tan

tan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Don't be so quick to judge... coaches have been fired for much less. 1st round exits are a very bad sign, a lengthy losing streak got Therrien fired less than a year after guiding the Pens to game 7 of the Finals. Terry Crisp was fired in Calgary one year after winning the cup, and bowing out to the Kings in the 1st round. The Flames were 2nd overall that year, and lost in 6 games.

We are talking the President's Trophy winners having the most embarrassing defeat out of any President's Trophy winners ever.

MG will have lots of conversations with the Aquilini's, AV, the captains and associates, and the goalies. And remember that the Aquilini's are hockey fans too, they see what we see. If they really want to see AV gone, they will pressure MG into firing him.

Everyone involved has to consider the best option for the team moving forward. 1 year ago, there was only one way the team could have moved forward (winning the cup), and they took a significant step back. So they have to come up with a different strategy. Unfortunately, this is AV's failing point where the strategy stays the same whether they are up 3 or down 3. For that reason, he is the most likely to be changed.

well said
Major summer to do list:
Trade twins for some high end like top 3 draft young players and more. if Iginla can get flames some nice return, there is no reason twins can't get double/triple what Iginla brought. next year, if GM really wants twins, sign them back.

Send Ballard to any team who can give us a 3rd round draft pick, or before no trade clause kick in, trade Edler for some high end kid. Use Edler's cap sign Vinny for 1 or 2 years.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.