The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Finally Av Will Be Gone...

tan

I agree OP.

Either AV isnt doing anything, or they are not responding to his attempts to prepare and motivate the team.

Im not fond at all at the thought of this team having to continue relying on outstanding goaltending when we know the team is not playing to their capabilities.

AVs detached approach where he allows the players coach themselves seems to have outlived its usefulness.

Like I said and some other members been saying lower seeded teams will tighten up in the post season .Detroit,Boston,Chicago,St.louis are not lighting up the scoreboard either Tan. Well on the other hand Pittsburgh is throwing your theory out the window when they scored enough goals to sweep a series but instead are down 3-1.

And if Detroit had your thinking they would have fired Scotty Bowman long before he won a cup with Detroit. How many Division titles, A berth in the finals, and President's trophy, before they won the cup under Scotty's leadership. Sound familar tan. I'm not saying AV is Bowman,but there is no Guarentee that he will be fired at the end of the season.

Because the four teams with 3-1 leads in the Western Conference are all high scoring teams???

The offence first system doesn't win in the NHL. You may not like the way they are going but look at the Blues, Kings, Coyotes and Predators. All built on defensive systems from the net out.

AV has by far been a great coach for the Canucks. the worst was NONIS...OMG!!!!!!!!!! He couldnt coach at all!!!!!!!!!!! Idk even know what team hes on right now, or if he is still coaching. AV has been great!! Its not like we lost 20 games straigh in the reg.season, thats when Coaches get fired and move to another team. Av has been great in this organization. I wouldnt mind having Crow back, he was cool!! Highly doubt he'll be back coaching though.

AV has by far been a great coach for the Canucks. the worst was NONIS...OMG!!!!!!!!!! He couldnt coach at all!!!!!!!!!!! Idk even know what team hes on right now, or if he is still coaching. AV has been great!! Its not like we lost 20 games straigh in the reg.season, thats when Coaches get fired and move to another team. Av has been great in this organization. I wouldnt mind having Crow back, he was cool!! Highly doubt he'll be back coaching though.

So... I just saw some stats on the cdc front page, and I decided to look a little deeper. Raymond was -3, while Kassian was +1... the ONLY Canuck on the positive side of that stat these playoffs. So remind me again why the brilliant AV benched Kassian, and played Raymond in game 5.

Adios AV.

Archived