The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It Was A Hell Of A Decade

Avicii

I feel really bad for Henrik not having his best buddy on the ice.. If this organization knows anything, they will want to sign Schneider at any cost because i believe he can be the next Jonathan Quick . Get rid of AV and get a coach who can actually analyze the other coaches strategies and counter them. Also, get rid of the frickin' dead weight and get some players who can score consistently.

Time to pull a Philly and mix everything up. Our core needs a shakeup.

Bieksa is horrible, get rid of him.

Trade Ballard for picks.

Get rid of Kesler, he was clearly a 1-trick pony and hasn't done anything for this team since the Nashville series last year.

Keep the Sedins, the only consistent performers on this team.

Trade Luongo for a top defenceman, keep Schneider.

Get bigger guys on defence who don't have brain-farts every 2 seconds and can play solid defence first, then offence like Matt Greene and Willie Mitchell are doing to us right now.

Go for skilled, small, faster forwards who can actually score as opposed to gritty forwards like Booth and Kesler who are flashy at times but inconsistent and don't have as high a skillset as Samuelsson did.

I'm not suggesting a complete rebuild at all, that takes years and years of failure. I'm suggesting a swap of core players.

Luongo for Lecavalier

Kesler, Edler for Weber, Suter

Sedins, Tanev for Toews, Kane

Obviously most of these trades are hypothetical, just a couple of examples of what i want to happen. We can't do a Philly rebuild though, because we don't have a #1 Center in the projects. (Hodgson..)

EDIT: This core is not built to win the playoffs. I thought i was proved wrong last year, even i don't know how it happened. Sedins are not built for the playoffs, they can't get enough space to play the way they need to play. Kesler just isn't the 2nd Line Center we need.. How many teams have won a cup with a Sniper as a 2nd line center?

I think I'm going to throw up.

How did this topic get a +23. :lol:

n my honest opinion, these 5 player are the core of the Vancouver Canucks. They are also the player who will most likely play their last game on Wednesday in a Vancouver uniform.

I'm not suggesting a complete rebuild at all, that takes years and years of failure. I'm suggesting a swap of core players.

Luongo for Lecavalier

Obviously most of these trades are hypothetical, just a couple of examples of what i want to happen. We can't do a Philly rebuild though, because we don't have a #1 Center in the projects. (Hodgson..)

EDIT: This core is not built to win the playoffs. I thought i was proved wrong last year, even i don't know how it happened. Sedins are not built for the playoffs, they can't get enough space to play the way they need to play. Kesler just isn't the 2nd Line Center we need.. How many teams have won a cup with a Sniper as a 2nd line center?

Luongo for Lecavalier

Why are we rebuilding, again? Didn't we just make the finals last year? Haven't we won back-to-back President's Trophies? Don't we have the majority of our players signed for another season?

The Sedins are locked up.

Luongo is locked up.

Kesler is locked up.

We are not rebuilding.

Archived