Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

It Was A Hell Of A Decade

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
88 replies to this topic

#61 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

You think we have seen the last of all of those guys? Wow. :picard:

Ridiculous thread, it boggles my mind that you have 24 +'s. Pretty much sums up the intelligence of people on here.
Posted Image

#62 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

You think we have seen the last of all of those guys? Wow. :picard:

Ridiculous thread, it boggles my mind that you have 24 +'s. Pretty much sums up the intelligence of people on here.

First round exit this year and Kesler is a no show. Lu isn't playing. Sedins haven't don't much. Elder took a terrible penalty at a crucial moment. Trading Hodgson away really exposed the lack of scoring and the team just isn't good enough for a cup now. It's pretty reasonable to think these players may have their better days behind them. But those 24+ are wrong and you're the genius right?

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#63 drummerboy

drummerboy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

So there is a chance we are getting beat in the first. crap happens. OP. the sedins are not leaving. Neither is Kesler or Edler. The are not going to blow up this team. A goalie will be gone, but give your head a shake. They crap the bed this year, but they are still a hell of a core. Another chicken little thread.

#64 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

So there is a chance we are getting beat in the first. crap happens. OP. the sedins are not leaving. Neither is Kesler or Edler. The are not going to blow up this team. A goalie will be gone, but give your head a shake. They crap the bed this year, but they are still a hell of a core. Another chicken little thread.

Kesler has been terrible all year long. Plus the playoff diving. They may not blow the team up but likely to see changes after a first round exit.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

#65 Guest_The Brown Burrows_*

Guest_The Brown Burrows_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

All of them are in their prime so I don't get your point (title sucks too).

#66 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

All of them are in their prime so I don't get your point (title sucks too).

In their prime for a first round elimination?

Wow so this is the best we can look forward to.

I get your point.

#67 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

First round exit this year and Kesler is a no show. Lu isn't playing. Sedins haven't don't much. Elder took a terrible penalty at a crucial moment. Trading Hodgson away really exposed the lack of scoring and the team just isn't good enough for a cup now. It's pretty reasonable to think these players may have their better days behind them. But those 24+ are wrong and you're the genius right?

You don't think that injuries from last years run that have affected a few of our players haven't played a part? The injury to Daniel Sedin (our top scorer) that obviously has had an affect on his brother? The fact that the Canucks barely had an off season to rest and prepare for another season? How Raymonds back was freakin broken last year and had absolutely no time to train?? Keslers hip which is obviously bothering him??? You think it was all a fluke last year?? or what?

The fact that people are calling for a complete re-haul of this team after one bad series that has a mountain of legitimate excuses that can be used as a reason for failure is complete IDIOCY. The Canucks finished first in the league AGAIN. Yet people think this team isn't good enough?? People on this site are so quick to judge. Imagine having a team that can't even make the playoffs??? Let alone finish first in the league and compete for the Stanley cup every single year.

And then the most important fact, THE CANUCKS AREN'T EVEN ELIMINATED YET!!!

LA is a good hard nosed defensive team with a great goalie, we all knew it wouldn't be a cakewalk. How dumb would people feel if there was an overhaul the core, and the new team can't even compete for the division let alone the playoffs??

Thank god we don't have a GM that is as dumb as people on this board. Freakin lunatics.

This core was one win away from the cup. Now all the sudden they don't have what it takes to go deep into the playoffs because they fell behind 3-0 in a series? Without their leading scorer and art ross trophy winner? There is absolutely no logic in your post. And it comes off as the reaction of a 14 year old little boy.

People are all butt hurt right now because we lost a few playoff games, but i am confident this team will be back next year competing for the cup yet again. Hell they may even do so this year.

Again, I'm glad our GM isn't as dumb as people like you. Thank the heavens.
Posted Image

#68 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,899 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

In their prime for a first round elimination?

Wow so this is the best we can look forward to.

I get your point.

Dude... you are the most negative poster I've ever come across on these boards. And that's saying something. Show some support for the team rather than trying to hammer a nail into their coffin every time you log in. I remember you saying we'd be done after game 4 and that didn't happen. Just because something is improbable does not make it impossible. It's been done before and it can be done again.

#69 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

You don't think that injuries from last years run that have affected a few of our players haven't played a part?

Wow so now you're using excuses from last year? If those players arent strong enough to recover from the playoffs, like every other player and compete in the NHL then they shouldn't be here. Personally I didn't see 24+ people saying gut the team here. Op was saying the core is running down from what I gathered and I agreed.

You're the dummy who's trying to exaggerate and throwing a little e-tantrum. People such as myself aren't happy with some of the core. Personally Kesler has been the worst. The excuses you're making for poor play is even dumber than saying gut the team..

#70 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

Dude... you are the most negative poster I've ever come across on these boards. And that's saying something. Show some support for the team rather than trying to hammer a nail into their coffin every time you log in. I remember you saying we'd be done after game 4 and that didn't happen. Just because something is improbable does not make it impossible. It's been done before and it can be done again.

I said we were done in the first round. Team doesn't have enough scoring to push into the second round. Sure it's negative but not my fault we went down 3-0 and now have to dig out of a deep hole. I'm just a realist and the people who say we are winning this series are flat out pretending. They would never put money on it. I'm just telling it how it is and not living fantasy.

#71 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

Wow so now you're using excuses from last year? If those players arent strong enough to recover from the playoffs, like every other player and compete in the NHL then they shouldn't be here. Personally I didn't see 24+ people saying gut the team here. Op was saying the core is running down from what I gathered and I agreed.

You're the dummy who's trying to exaggerate and throwing a little e-tantrum. People such as myself aren't happy with some of the core. Personally Kesler has been the worst. The excuses you're making for poor play is even dumber than saying gut the team..

Don't try to make up what the OP was saying.

''In my honest opinion, these 5 player are the core of the Vancouver Canucks. They are also the player who will most likely play their last game on Wednesday in a Vancouver uniform.''

That is the conclusion of the OP. And i'm saying how bloody dumb it is. There's not a chance in hell this happens because it's a premature reactionary idea. Period.

You're not the only one who is not impressed with how some of the core players have performed this year. But you have to take a look at the bigger picture, and because a team loses a few playoff games doesn't mean they have to blow up the core and trade everyone.

Will there be upgrades for next season ? I hope so. Will management have a goaltending decision to make? Probably. Will the Sedins, Edler and Kesler all be traded?? F*ck no.

If you honestly think this is going to happen, YOU special ed, are the one living in a fantasy land.

Edited by DirtyHarry, 20 April 2012 - 05:15 PM.

Posted Image

#72 Owen Nolan

Owen Nolan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

This thread is 99% retarded.. Lets blow up a back to back p- trophy , one game away from a cup team... Tools
Posted Image

#73 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,857 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

I'd have to agree with this; only one other player I'll add...Kassian not so much that I think he's good but I think you have to try and develop him and be patient....otherwise you might make a big F up if both Cody and him are awesome at age 24 or 25 and you don't have either

I actually forgot about him. He should be in the AHL though

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#74 JasetheCanuck

JasetheCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

why does the OP have 26 up votes? has the world gone insane? :frantic:

Posted Image

Ebbett is as useful as a North Korean ballot box.

#75 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

This is a horrible thread. Makes me kinda sick. Canucks fan are the quickest to sh*t on their team.

#76 nucklehead53

nucklehead53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

I don't really see how you blow up a team with this calibre. Blow up the core, and I don't even see us contending for the division/playoff spot.
It only takes one hard fought series to make a rivalry

#77 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:23 AM

Don't worry, my time machine is almost complete. I will go back in time and make sure that Gillis doesn't trade Hodgson for Kassian.

Now, if you remember, it was Tanev who informed Cody of the trade because he found out about it on his phone. So all I have to do is go back to Feb. 27 and hide Tanev's phone.

Wish me luck.

Too be fair, the trade would still happen even if Tanev called Hodgson or not. :P
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#78 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

Well, perhaps not the Sedins, but everyone else on the list needs to be gone.

Posted Image

#79 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

Well, perhaps not the Sedins, but everyone else on the list needs to be gone.

I put you on the list. Be gone!

#80 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,843 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:28 PM

He deserves to get canned, it was a horrendous trade and set the Canucks back a few years. Hodgson was going to be an impact and franchise player, you can take that to the bank. Is it any coincidence that the team has not looked nearly the same since he was shipped off to Buffalo?

yes, because the performance of players (kesler, henrik, plus daniel's injury) trailed off. players who didn't play with hodgson.

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#81 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

This team could play when they wanted to. The let down they had this year was due to an inept coach. He ain't laughing now is he? The team had the look it did when Naslund was at the end of his career. It seems they have had enough of AV.I think the fans have too. He is not the worse coach but along with Gillis they have wrecked a good team, a team that beleved in itself, and could win. You can go through the entire lineup and see a let down, from too much futile line juggling, and shakey goal tending. AV was swimming just like his #1 goalie. There now needs a complete shake-up. Every aspect of this team needs a rebuild. It is now up to Aquilini to fire most of Canucks management,GM, coaches, scouts etc. I say this after watching some of the other teams who have everything going for them. Here they had some skilled twins and Burrows; the rest really sucked this year.

#82 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

See if they had fired AV at the start of the season they could of had Hithcock and played like were capable of.

#83 Commercial Canuck

Commercial Canuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

I'm really hoping we see a Philly style change here. Throw out Luongo, hope Salo retires, trade Raymond, Malhotra, and Burrows and fire AV. That ought to give the team a whip in the ass.

#84 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

I'm really hoping we see a Philly style change here. Throw out Luongo, hope Salo retires, trade Raymond, Malhotra, and Burrows and fire AV. That ought to give the team a whip in the ass.

Trade burr?! hell no
Posted Image

#85 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

Had a good team, but never a great one. Hopefully that will change, but that is to be determined.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#86 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

Luongo is the only one who's leaving this team in the summer

Who said? He has an NTC, which means a player cannot be traded WITHOUT his consent!!!!!!!!!!!!

#87 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

Trade burr?! hell no

Hell no!!!! Manny has an NTC, Salo might play for another year, and burr, HE'S STAYING!!!!! He's our clutch!!!!!!!!

#88 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,097 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

We don't need to hope anything. If Salo wants to play, he can go to Detroit.

This a business not a family.

#89 Commercial Canuck

Commercial Canuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

I think this organization and management of the Canucks is a prime example of what happens when you get comfortable with the core group. You start handing out NTC's like candy and fear trades.

We need to jump into the UFA pool this summer and realize our potential, rather than leave it up to the same folks who couldn't pull it off the first time.

I'm pretty sure the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting a different result.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.