Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

So Now Who Do We Trade, Sign And Let Go?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

#61 Perry Henis

Perry Henis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

Pahlsson - no
Bitz - no
Volpatti - no
Ebbett - no
Salo - as much as it pains me to say this, i dont think he has any gas left in the tank at this point
Rome - no
Reinprecht - no
Pinnizotto - no
Mancari - no

Here's a list of the RFA's:

Raymond - no
Weise - no
Gragnani - no
Duco - AHL depth
Lack - re-sign
Parent - no
Oreskovich no
Schneider - re-sign

Here's a list of our players with a No Trade Clause:

Sedins - we are stuck with them until their contracts expire
Kesler - 1 more year.
Malhotra (unfortunately) - MG is not gonna ask him to waive and i doubt anyone would want him
Bieksa - 1 more year
Hamhuis - he is our best defenceman.
Luongo - i honestly believe that if he was asked to waive to tampa or florida he would say yes

Edited by Perry Henis, 16 April 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#62 TheWheeler

TheWheeler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

The only guys that need to be gone are Kesler and Edler, and maybe Booth.

Edler + package for a Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier type centerman. (Grigorenko? Galchenyuk?)

Kesler for a legit #1 D-man.

Booth depends on who is centering him. If it's someone that can make the right plays for Booth, then I'd keep him.

Oh, and for players to re-sign, none. As painful as it is, Salo really shold not be back. His tank is empty and it's really evident these playoffs.

LASTLY!

Ballard and Luongo should NOT be traded. I still can't believe how many people want them gone with how solid they have been.

Edited by TheWheeler, 16 April 2012 - 02:30 PM.

#63 4thecup

4thecup

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

Schneider is a legitimate #1 goalie. He knows it, every other GM in the league knows it. He's not signing in Vancouver unless you guys get rid of Luongo, which will be impossible with his contract. He's going to want a big raise and an oppertunity to become a superstar, not another oppertunity to back up a superstar. Don't see a sign-and-trade happening either, because although that sounds great for Van fans, that puts all the power in the Canucks hands, and as a professional player it would be foolish of Cory to do that at this point in his career. Right now, he's gotta be looking for his own team and a much bigger paycheck. You won't be moving Luongo's contract, especially with his questionable mental breakdowns and unproven consistency throughout the year and in the playoffs.

IMO Kesler has next year to show everyone who he really is. Was last season the anomoly or the norm of what to expect going forward? Is he going to be a diving player that embarrases your franchise and makes you even more disliked, or is he going to be the guy he was last year? Was the poor play this season due to that injury last year? I give him one more year to figure that out.

You guys need to pick up some rising stud on D. Or a legitmate norris candidate. Your window is going to start closing as the core ages. Should be an interesting summer. There are a lot of teams with a lot of money to spend.

AV might be on his way out, if he does, that's a one-way ticket to Montreal.

You gotta think the NW is going to be very different next season. Colorado is on the verge of being very dangerous. You don't have to look too far for another very young skilled team, and on top of that they just got this years #1 pick...again. Who knows with the flames, it's a busy off-season for them so that could kind of go either way. They have some solid pieces in place, but some serious question marks that need answers ASAP. so we'll see what happens, but I don't see it being as easy of a division for you guys next season.

Pick up Iginla. Man I'd love to see that guy win a cup, and I don't see it happening in Calgary...

Edited by 4thecup, 16 April 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#64 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

The Florida Panthers dumped 3 really bad contracts on the organization. Ballard and Booth, and Reinprecht.

Ballard (although he DID play a good game last night) is usually not very reliable. Even before his injuries, he was a healthy scratch constantly. Needs to be traded.
Booth. I know everyone seems to love the AMEX line, but since Booth arrived, it seems like the chemistry with whomever he plays with just isn't there. The way he plays at this point, is just a little taller version of Mayray. He also needs to be moved.
Reinprecht, will be done after this, just came along for the ride in the Booth trade.

3 Contracts: Totalling to over 10 million a year.

The loss of Mikael Samuelsson was a big..., even though at his age, he was still a better fit to the Canucks organization than
any of these guys are. Especially with the price tags they came with.

And it could be argued that the Canucks dumped several really bad contracts on the Panthers.

Bernier @ $2 million

Grabner @ about $800, 000 if you were to include him even though he never made the club (and he would have been lost on waivers if he did not make the team, as it appears he would not have since he could not even make it on the Panthers).

Samuelsson @ $2.5 million is spotty at best in the playoffs. Yes, he did well against LA in his first playoffs here, but he always disappeared against Chicago (when the going got tough).

Sturm @ $2.25 million was a decent gamble which did not work out. Had Sturm shown form similar to a few years ago then we might not have picked up Booth. So, him and Samuelsson for Booth was a great trade in my opinion.

FYI: Reinprecht's contract does not affect the cap for the Canucks as he has been toiling in the minors. He will be a UFA after this season.

Ergo your bolded comment should read "2 Contracts: Totalling over 8 million a year MINUS almost $7 million a year from the guys moved out (not counting Grabner who was never included in the cap and would have been gone anyways), so Gillis added Booth and Ballard for about an extra $1 million in cap hit."

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#65 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

Trade Kesler?

Madness.

There is no doubt that he needs to refocus and concentrate on hockey over other...'extracurricular' activities but to let him go would haunt the franchise for years to come. Can't believe i'm hearing this after all the accolades heaped upon him and all of the "kesler for captain" threads i've sifted through over the last 365 days leading up to this.

Anyways, the Canucks cup window is still open next season even if they bow out in 4 against LA and I seriously doubt Gillis is going to wreck the entire team despite this disappointing post-season (which isn't over yet). The most i'd like to see is some tweaks up front and some mid level moves to shore up our defense which has been needing something along those lines for awhile now. Also, i'm not sure the team is responding to Vigneault anymore...

#66 Trelane42

Trelane42

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

I have just watched the game again............you do realise Ballard and Raymond were two of our best players out there last night. Raymond imo hasn't had a bad game in the playoffs.........yet you want to change his address. What does that say about your judgement?

It says that I’m paragon of sound judgment and beyond reproach in all things concerning the Canucks.

Raymond – body of work for the past 2 years says he is no longer a top 6. His stature and style of play allows for no other role.

Ballard – if he remains a bubble player with nary a chance to crack the top 4 he should be dealt. He still may prove otherwise if given a chance under a new coach, hence the asterisk.

#67 LapierresHand

LapierresHand

K-Wing Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:04 AM

Hamhuis For

Cody Hodgson

Brayden Mcnabb

Ditch Pahlsson

Sign Salo and Schneider

#68 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

package Lappy up with the usuals.

His stock has risen in his time here so he could be useful in a trade. He has not been useful so far in the playoffs. His performance this year has been a bad joke. We need the real deal for his "role".

He has taken stupid penalties and is totally non intimidating. All this guy has is his mouth. The Kings just laugh at him.

Also, if Kes doesn't totally reset his attitude, and cut the crap by next december next year, get imi out too. There: i said it. Flame away.

Edited by riffraff, 18 April 2012 - 06:35 AM.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#69 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,456 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

Keep Salo and maybe Pahlsson although I'm not sold completely. Also keep Gragnani but sign him to a 2 way deal and start him in the minors. Sign Lack, and one of Ebbet or Wiese would probably be good for depth but let the other plugs go.

Please for the love of me get rid of Rome.

Trade Schnieder for something good, and any of our other defence that can get us a quality defender in return.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#70 Sick Hands

Sick Hands

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

get Semin or Parise, i feel we should re-sign raymond then trade him, because teams are intrested in him, sign hal gill
sedin-sedin-parise/semin
booth-kesler-higgins
hansen-pahlsson-burrows
lapierre-malholtra-kassian

bieksa-hamuis
edler-gill
ballard-gragnani (i thought he was solid, all season long)

its either we run a 2 goalie system or we trade someon ?_?
schnieds/lou (one of them, one will get traded)
lack

WHY WOULD WE TRADE EDDIE!???????????? 3 BAD GAMES AND EVERY ONE IS READY TO FIRE AV AND TRADE EDDIE!!!!!

Trading Edler would be ludicrous, but comon, we all know AV has to go...theres no denying that.

A Toast to Aquillini for getting Torterella.

An owner who knows what the people want.

That's entertainment.

#71 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

Depends on who's starting in goal tonight.

If Luongo starts...then Schneider will be traded.
If Schneider starts...then Luongo will be traded.

It was on TEAM 1040 yesterday that a TSN analyst (forgot his name) said that he thinks (from body language) that Schneider is starting game 4. And if that happens...no way will Luongo want to play for Vancouver as he wants to be the clear #1 goalie. Really...a slap in his face. So he will waive his NTC to go to a team of his choosing. And it just so happens that Tampa is looking for a #1 goalie and basically where his wife is from.

#72 inder19

inder19

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Bring in more BC boys.
A few available this year. (unless they were signed late in the year)

2 from BC I can think of off the top of my head
Jason Garrison
Shea Webber
Barret Jackman

Ryan Suter
Matt Carle
David Jones for raymond?
Zach Parise
Jiri Hudler..

lots available

#73 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

What does it matter? As soon as we trade for a new players the fans will turn on them when they slump anyways and demand they get traded. Edler who played great for us this year and is usually a key player in our playoff runs should be traded for one bad playoff run. Kes who has been the catalyst for this team has one off year and should be traded. Hell, even Lou who has actually been playing very good in this series should be traded.

Pitts should trade Malkin, Crosby and Stall who have done nothing all series. Even MA Fleury should get traded with the awful performance. They should trade all their superstars as well.

Trade everyone every year and rotate the coaching staff every year!

#74 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

What does it matter? As soon as we trade for a new players the fans will turn on them when they slump anyways and demand they get traded. Edler who played great for us this year and is usually a key player in our playoff runs should be traded for one bad playoff run. Kes who has been the catalyst for this team has one off year and should be traded. Hell, even Lou who has actually been playing very good in this series should be traded.

Pitts should trade Malkin, Crosby and Stall who have done nothing all series. Even MA Fleury should get traded with the awful performance. They should trade all their superstars as well.

Trade everyone every year and rotate the coaching staff every year!

Hey quit being logical........ were down 3-0 and its time to torch the President Trophy winning team!

Luongo vs Schneider will be THE offseason story.

Please include players coming back in trades if so bold to say trade Kesler, Edler, Booth........i can use the laugh WHEN our season is over.

#75 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

i hear some people are suggesting trading kesler.. i would give him another season for him to fully recover and start training camp. if he still plays like this next season then i'm all for trading kesler. maybe perry for kesler?

Commissioner of 2014-2015 Shapheat Fantasy Hockey League

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2014-15 GDT Registrations

#76 pistolpro327

pistolpro327

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

trade raymond for whatever he is worth
trade ballard for a draft pick/drat picks or draft pick + cheaper defensemen
trade luongo to tampa for an impact player (most likely vinny but who knows)
if no trade on luongo then trade schneider for something worth way more then schneider himself is worth to us if we can't unload luongo(such as top 3 draft pick, young rising star, all star who isn't signed for a ridiculous price etc...)

sign salo if he wants to play for cheap
Also sign lack, bitz, volpatti and maybe pahlsson.

If the GM ever though trading kesler would be a good idea then now would be the time while he still has higher value then he normally would. Not knocking Kesler because he has been great and will always be one of the best two way players in the league but if you ask me after laster year his value is up very high still and trading him now would be better then waiting and deciding to trade him later.

Trade Edler for a tougher and younger defensemen. Edler is a great player but I think while his value is great we should trade him for a young north american who can hit hard consistently while playing smart defensive hockey.

LOL so what do you think

#77 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Simple question. We're right up against the Cap and here's a list of the UFA's we have next season:

Pahlsson - $2.65 million, will most likely take a big cut
Bitz - $700K
Volpatti - $612K
Ebbett - $525K, will probably want more
Salo - $2 million
Rome - $750K
Reinprecht - $2.05 million
Pinnizotto - $600K
Mancari - $525K

Here's a list of the RFA's:

Raymond - $2.55 million, should take a cut
Weise - $605K, will probably want more
Gragnani - $550K
Duco - $550K
Lack - $900K
Parent - $925K
Oreskovich $605K
Schneider - $900K, will want a lot more

Here's a list of our players with a No Trade Clause:

Sedins
Kesler
Malhotra (unfortunately)
Bieksa
Hamhuis
Salo
Luongo

So for next season, who do you want the Canucks to let walk to another team and who do you want traded?

Personally I want us to sign Volpatti, Bitz, Pahlsson, Ebbett, Pinnizotto, Rome, Weise, Duco, Gragnani and Lack.
Let Reinprecht, Salo (retire), Mancari, Parent, Oreskovich (maybe sign for the AHL only) and Raymond walk.
Trade Schneider for a big, physical top-4 defenceman.
Trade Tanev when his stock is high for an skillfull, small, fast top-6 forward.
Trade Ballard for picks or preferably a big physical depth defenceman.
Trade Raymond's rights for whatever its worth.

I know you guys are a day ahead and seven hours behind, but in BC, the series hasn't ended yet... C'mon, don't start to speculate until we have had a chance to watch too.. And thanks for not saying anything...

#78 Canucklehead420

Canucklehead420

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

I have just watched the game again............you do realise Ballard and Raymond were two of our best players out there last night. Raymond imo hasn't had a bad game in the playoffs.........yet you want to change his address. What does that say about your judgement?

i think that reflects more of the piss poor play of the team rather than how great raymond is. he still falls down with no one around him. doesnt bury many of his chances. doesnt hit.

#79 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

Pahlsson - definitely sign for cheaper only if no other option available (would LOVE to go back to the offensive 3rd line!)
Bitz, Rome, Pinnizotto should be re-signed (Steve looked pretty good and in line for a spot before he got injured)
bye Volpatti, Ebbett, Reinprecht, Mancari, Salo (Sami looks finished)

Raymond trade rights please
Weise, Gragnani looked only average at best; lose Oreskovich and Parent
Duco, Lack, Schneider re-sign please

Sedins: Hank's been solid, they just need a strong power winger to work with
Kesler- disappointing lately, hope he rebounds
Malhotra- not bad for a 4th liner
Bieksa- keep him with Hammer and the shutdown unit's alright
Hamhuis- best player out there on some nights
Luongo (if they're set to have Schneids as the #1 then I'd accept him to move too; FLA or TB?)

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#80 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

Raymond (unless he takes a huge pay cut on a 2 way deal)
Malhotra (assistant coach future)

The Green Men. please, no more.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#81 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

i think all the UFA's can walk, except maybe one of bitz or ebbett... pahlsson would be a great 3rd liner at a cheaper price tag, if salo wants to play another year i say let him, if not we have tanev to step up...

raymond can go, and lack can backup schneider... anything left as bargaining chips should be used to get a LEGITIMATE top liner to play with the sedins (sorry burr, i love you but you arent a top liner on any team in the league)... and obviously that means luongo goes.

to columbus.

for rick nash.
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#82 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

i think all the UFA's can walk, except maybe one of bitz or ebbett... pahlsson would be a great 3rd liner at a cheaper price tag, if salo wants to play another year i say let him, if not we have tanev to step up...

raymond can go, and lack can backup schneider... anything left as bargaining chips should be used to get a LEGITIMATE top liner to play with the sedins (sorry burr, i love you but you arent a top liner on any team in the league)... and obviously that means luongo goes.

to columbus.

for rick nash.
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.