The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Playoff Performers

DownUndaCanuck

Now I know we've only played 4 games this post-season, but judging from this season and even our last playoff run, who do you feel are the Canucks' big playoff performers?

Every team has a star who shines in the playoffs, especially on their way to a Cup run. Boston had Marchand and Krejci in particular step up (of course Thomas too), Bergenheim is a known playoff performer as was Dominic Moore a few seasons ago, Versteeg, Byfuglien and Ladd were big playoff performers during the Chicago cup run and this season it looks like Giroux, Andy McDonald and the Penguins duo are really shining.

So who do the Canucks have who can step up to the plate, particuarly one of our depth players?

This season we've had the usual great performances from Henrik, Daniel and Kesler as expected. Alex Edler has, despite playing brutal defence, scored 2 huge goals for us and is leading our team in scoring. Hansen and Pahlsson have big goals for us while playing limited minutes so can be considered in that group (Hansen had 9 points in 25 games last season).

Meanwhile, the "great additions" and "playoff performers" of last year Higgins and Lapierre have combined for 1 assist through 8 combined games played and have quite simply not played as well as expected from them.

Now I know we've only played 4 games this post-season, but judging from this season and even our last playoff run, who do you feel are the Canucks' big playoff performers?

Every team has a star who shines in the playoffs, especially on their way to a Cup run. Boston had Marchand and Krejci in particular step up (of course Thomas too), Bergenheim is a known playoff performer as was Dominic Moore a few seasons ago, Versteeg, Byfuglien and Ladd were big playoff performers during the Chicago cup run and this season it looks like Giroux, Andy McDonald and the Penguins duo are really shining.

So who do the Canucks have who can step up to the plate, particuarly one of our depth players?

This season we've had the usual great performances from Henrik, Daniel and Kesler as expected. Alex Edler has, despite playing brutal defence, scored 2 huge goals for us and is leading our team in scoring. Hansen and Pahlsson have big goals for us while playing limited minutes so can be considered in that group (Hansen had 9 points in 25 games last season).

Meanwhile, the "great additions" and "playoff performers" of last year Higgins and Lapierre have combined for 1 assist through 8 combined games played and have quite simply not played as well as expected from them.

Everyone says Kes is such a playoff performer and a beast. Is he really? He showed up in one series out of 4 last year. All he's done this year is dive all of game one. He's really starting to frustrate me.

Henrik? He looks amazing out there, an average size hockey player holding off players as if he were George Laraque but he didn't do much the first three games. Can't really blame him I suppose with Daniel out.

The guys who stood out to me (mostly from game 4) are Hamhuis and Hansen and Ballard has played pretty well too.

Honourable mention to Lou and Cory. Cory has played amazing, however, I hope the Kings don't play off his poor rebound control.

Salo used to be one, but now maybe he just hasn't had the opportunity to wire that shot of his so often with screens in front of Quick.

Hammer - Bieksa are a solid unit, and Ballard has been good as well. Oh and there's that guy Cory...

hoping Higgins and Lapierre get going soon, Burrows and Hansen (Hansen in particular lately) have been alright-spots, and Booth just hasn't been able to finish but his hard work down low is pretty effective. Most importantly though, should be figuring out which combos of these guys (out of Lapierre, Burrows, Higgins, Hansen and possibly even Ebbett) to play with Kesler to get that second line going. Once that happens the offensive floodgates should open, since this depth should at least be able to counter LA's attack.

Archived