Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StealthNuck

Av And Coaching Issues Thread

164 posts in this topic

Please keep discussion regarding coaching here (and keep it civil). What went wrong? Did anything go right? Is a coaching change needed?

Good idea Stealth

IMO:

The core isn't going anywhere

There will be changes to the bottom depth players

But these same players, if given a different system to play with, could be much more effective than they were this year. And a player like Kassian will never flourish under AV's style of play.

When we got Kassian I think that was an indication that AV's time here was coming to an end.

Look for a change in coaches I believe

Booth barely earned the right to stay on the 2nd line, what was he doing on the twins line? Also, coach lost the first round with his healthy 5.33 million dollar cap hit goalie watching the game. I know I am in the minority on that one, but its still true.

whether it avs fault ( which it is ). canucks got kicked out in the first round, fans here are crazy for hockey so someone is going to have to take the fall for this and avs the prim target. so yes he will be fired

The team was too predictable. Drop pass while crossing the blue and/or throw it into the opposite corner while using the D to pinch. All the opponents need to do with the Canucks was collapse to the night and box out anyone attacking..

When adjustments were needed they weren't made.

nothing personal about AV but a new coach is needed.

I fear our window is closing if not closed after this year, some moves will need to be made to make us a solid contender again next year, just my gut feeling on that though.