Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Kesler May Need Shoulder Surgery

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
88 replies to this topic

#61 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

When did Kesler get hurt? Because his play sucked all year!

To me this sounds like more excuses. Every player has bumps and bruises and Kesler did have a legit injury last playoffs but this reminds me of after the 2009/2010 season when injury was mentioned but no surgery every happened.

I doubt he'll have surgery because I don't think he is hurt that badly.

#62 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

hope he still gets a summer to practice , if he misses another my god
Posted Image

#63 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

When did Kesler get hurt? Because his play sucked all year!

To me this sounds like more excuses. Every player has bumps and bruises and Kesler did have a legit injury last playoffs but this reminds me of after the 2009/2010 season when injury was mentioned but no surgery every happened.

I doubt he'll have surgery because I don't think he is hurt that badly.

So an injury was fortunate enough to be dealt with without having to undergo surgery but it was just an 'excuse', right? OMG, how dastardly of the team to misrepresent an injury because it 'did not require surgery' to fix. :picard: :rolleyes:

Also, he had surgery on his hip during a very short off-season. You really think it was healed completely before the season started?? Again, another :picard: for your post.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 24 April 2012 - 12:46 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#64 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

So an injury was fortunate enough to be dealt with without having to undergo surgery but it was just an 'excuse', right? :picard: :rolleyes:

Every year when he disappoints it is the same thing. He sucked in the 2009/2010 Playoffs and at the end of the year injury was mentioned. He sucked in this years playoffs and all of a sudden injury is mentioned. If he was significantly injured why didn't he have any maintenance days down the stretch like Bieksa? The first time we heard he was hurt was after the fact. Was he 100%? Probably not but not many players are this time of the year. For him this is become a pattern to excuse poor play.

Edited by gradin123, 24 April 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#65 canIcrytoo

canIcrytoo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

aparently Dr.Mark Recchi has made several accounts on CDC and is posting on this topic over and over again
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you

Posted Image

#66 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

Sure .... rub it in OP ... 2 days after we got eliminated from first round playoffs ... now to hear that ONE of my favorite player has to undergo surgery ... again !!!
Damn !

Not sure if we'll ever see the same Kesler we once had from his Trophy winning year.

Adds to the interesting off season ahead :) :
- AV is gone or not, will Gillis fire him ?
- who will we keep in net ? LU or Scheids ?
- Draft day ... who will we pick and any blockbuster trade on that day from the Canucks ?

Again repeating myself from another post .... can't wait now for training camp and see who will make up the 2012-13 line up.

Fire Mike Babcock too ..Detroit went out in the first round...oh Gees they extended his contract to another several years..He must be good.....

the team had an excellent year there is no need to fire no one...people get real bunch of adolescence children / media crap is so lame.

#67 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

Every year when he disappoints it is the same thing. He sucked in the 2009/2010 Playoffs and at the end of the year injury was mentioned. He sucked in this years playoffs and all of a sudden injury is mentioned. If he was significantly injured why didn't he have any maintenance days down the stretch like Bieksa? The first time we heard he was hurt was after the fact. Was he 100%? Probably not but not many players are this time of the year. For him this is become a pattern to excuse poor play.

The first time we heard last playoffs that Higgins was injured, Ehrhoff was injured, Edler was injured *insert Canucks player here* etc was AFTER the fact too...... so why is Kesler singled out repeatedly? Because he's not all warm and fuzzy? Because he doesn't kiss your ass, the collective fan base asses, every time he's in front of the camera? After a game when he himself knows he didn't play well, that he couldn't play well?

If he was milking injuries as an 'excuse' for poor play, why wasn't it mentioned every time he was in front of a mic or the cameras? No, he was a warrior and sucked it up as best he could in order to keep playing for his team and an unforgiving and ungrateful fan base.

*sigh* It's like banging your head against a brick wall sometimes.......

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 24 April 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#68 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

I bet Kes doesn't have surgery. Who wants to take my bet?

#69 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Probably hurt his shoulder on this play!

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#70 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Wow, people sh*tting on Kesler because he may require surgery - CDC never fails to amaze me.

#71 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Wow, people sh*tting on Kesler because he may require surgery - CDC never fails to amaze me.

Boggles the mind, doesn't it? Though I don't know why it should surprise us, eh?

#72 whatthenuck

whatthenuck

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

The first time we heard last playoffs that Higgins was injured, Ehrhoff was injured, Edler was injured *insert Canucks player here* etc was AFTER the fact too...... so why is Kesler singled out repeatedly? Because he's not all warm and fuzzy? Because he doesn't kiss your ass, the collective fan base asses, every time he's in front of the camera? After a game when he himself knows he didn't play well, that he couldn't play well?

If he was milking injuries as an 'excuse' for poor play, why wasn't it mentioned every time he was in front of a mic or the cameras? No, he was a warrior and sucked it up as best he could in order to keep playing for his team and an unforgiving and ungrateful fan base.

*sigh* It's like banging your head against a brick wall sometimes.......

I agree with everything you've said (in your previous posts on this thread, too) ... no player comes out and lists all their injuries before the playoffs - achilles' heel.

If there is surgery involved, hope it's sooner rather than later so he gets in training in the offseason and training camp

#73 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Boggles the mind, doesn't it? Though I don't know why it should surprise us, eh?

It's serioiusly amazing, but like you said, expected. I just ...can't believe CDC sometimes.

#74 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,745 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Que the "what the goat was he doing averaging 20 -23 minutes a night while he was injured!"

#75 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Good thing is: Its a long summer and Kesler would get plenty of time to heal and rest.

Posted Image

#76 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

The thing that irritates me about this injury is that obviously management was aware of it and still chose to trade away hodgson at the deadline. That makes the move make less sense. If you 2nd line center is injured and not scoring, trading away the only possible center on the team who could make up some of that lost scoring is pretty illogical...

#77 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Yeah and next year it will be some other injury. It's always something that costs them the cup.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#78 WestCoastCanucks

WestCoastCanucks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

Apparently he got hurt in February. Why did he not sit out then? Regular season games meant nothing at that point so why not heal up instead of being trying to be a "warrior" and playing through it? And if the management knew about this then why trade away center depth at the deadline? He seems like a player who is always going to be battling injuries because of the way he plays but hopefully he'll learn that the team can survive regular season games without him. It's the playoffs that we need him for. Not the meaningless games in October. Stupid to rush back before being completely healthy for those.

Edited by WestCoastCanucks, 24 April 2012 - 05:45 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#79 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Have you people even seen a single interview with him? Even when he admits he is banged up he then says that's not an excuse (last years finals comes to mind especially) and that as a leader on the team that injuries should not be used as as excuses. It disgusts me so much to see the fans turn on him because its being reported that he is hurt. Anyone who has ever watched him play could tell he was off ALL season!

m8itzp.jpg
Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#80 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

I doubt he would use injury as an exuse, but he's still a douche.

#81 linden16kesler17

linden16kesler17

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

I feel bad that Kes is hurt, and I love that he doesn't use it as an excuse. He admits he should have played better. This paragraph from Canucks.com concerned me a bit:

"Kesler said he injured his shoulder sometime in February and may need surgery; he hasn’t had the necessary testing done or talked to the Canucks trainers or doctors as of yet, so he couldn’t comment with certainty."

Wait, what? Is it possible that he didn't even tell the medical staff that he was dealing with an injury? Or is that statement just not phrased properly?

#82 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

IF Kesler was playing injured, he should not have been getting the minutes he had been.

COMPLETE mismanagement of on of our franchise players and the blame will lie solely on AV.

Makes the Hodgson trade look even more ridiculous.

Wow, really?!?

Get over it already! AV is staying and Hodgson is gone so just deal with it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#83 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

I feel bad that Kes is hurt, and I love that he doesn't use it as an excuse. He admits he should have played better. This paragraph from Canucks.com concerned me a bit:

"Kesler said he injured his shoulder sometime in February and may need surgery; he hasn’t had the necessary testing done or talked to the Canucks trainers or doctors as of yet, so he couldn’t comment with certainty."

Wait, what? Is it possible that he didn't even tell the medical staff that he was dealing with an injury? Or is that statement just not phrased properly?

Knowing Kesler he was probably hiding an injury which is not good because well obviously it could get worse but its so like Kes.

m8itzp.jpg
Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#84 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

It is absolutely embarrassing to see how some people's hate for a certain player will blind them.

The players that some so called "fans" go after are Luongo, Raymond, Edler, Kesler, Booth, and even the Sedins at one point. I will not lie I dislike Raymond but I'm not going to call him a liar if he says he has a injury. These "fans" that cheer for the Canucks are absolutely pathetic (not all fans). If you are a fan then you wish every player the best even if you hate them, if Raymond comes back I will be upset, but I will continue to hope for the best.

All I have to say is that either those "fans" need to grow up or go cheer for a different team because they are ruining everything that is going good for us.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#85 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

It is absolutely embarrassing to see how some people's hate for a certain player will blind them.

The players that some so called "fans" go after are:... Luongo, Raymond, Edler, Kesler, Booth, and even the Sedins at one point. I will not lie I dislike Raymond but I'm not going to call him a liar if he says he has a injury. These "fans" that cheer for the Canucks are absolutely pathetic (not all fans). If you are a fan then you wish every player the best even if you hate them, if Raymond comes back I will be upset, but I will continue to hope for the best.

All I have to say is that either those "fans" need to grow up or go cheer for a different team because they are ruining everything that is going good for us.

#1, #2(one error all season, but at the worst possible time), #3, #4, #5, #7, #9, t' udder #9, #17, #21(I kinda do too.) #23, #27 (though he plays his role, as asked, perfectly), and #41 about covers it.

(I left #29 off my list, because I think he might be the second coming of Rory :rolleyes: )
I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#86 kesler fan

kesler fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

Kesler needs to change his attitude too. There is not need for prima donas in the dressing room.

This is harsh. you havent been inside of the locker room to know that. Im sure hes an amzing guy and all he wanted to do was play hard for his team. No player wants to play bad IMO. His body wouldn't allow him to.
I sure hope that whatever reason caused him to not have the season he and all us fans were hoping for can be fixed. We all love the beast Kesler can be. I can't wait till next year to witness him play the hockey he can! :)

#87 Raph

Raph

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

Kesler is a core player, he knows it. His spot on the roster is not in jeopardy. The team was not struggling for a playoff spot, so it was not necessary for him to "tough it out". If this occurred in February, then he would have almost 2 months rehab and be ready for the playoffs.

Yet, he was playing 20+ mins a night, looking worse every night. How does that help the team? Either management is extremely stupid or Kesler is extremely selfish.
Untouchables: Tanev, Jensen, Kassian
Mostly untouchable: Sedins (need someone to man the fort and no trade value)
Open to trade: Everyone else
Drive to airport: Bieksa, Edler

Bring back: Ehrhoff

#88 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

F in B.S. that might explain his declining play, but if he's not 100 % don't f in play! you slow the team down! Look what happened. We had an inefective 2nd line player! W.T.F kesler, your hip too bro, don't F in play if your not 100%!

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#89 wattevr

wattevr

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

I just got a meme on facebook that works here.

Chicks are like teammates. If all you try to do is score, they're going to stop playing with you.
Sort of sums up line 2

I like kesler as a player. I hope most of it was injury and lack of self confidence in abilities and or forcing th wrong play.

Maybe it was a magazine spread....
Walter... Why's it always gotta be about 'Nam.

F@$K it. Lets go bowling.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.