The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler May Need Shoulder Surgery

Kack Zassian

EXCUSES???? An injury that's never healed completely and a shoulder injury that may require surgery.............yep, shameful, utterly shameful 'excuses', those......... you're one of 'those' CDC users, aren't you? <_<:rolleyes:

I posted in one of the other Kesler threads that Kesler may need surgery. The team knew about this injury when it happened. They didn't want to announce anything and the team and Kesler wanted to play through it and wait till the off season to address it.

Hopefully if he does need it he can get it soon. The one advantage of having our season end early I suppose is that he'll have more time to recover and condition over the offseason. Hoping to see him return to form in the fall.

I am wondering if Kesler is durable enough to be relied on for the playoffs.

2010 playoffs - he hurt his shoulder.

2011 playoffs - he hurt his hip.

2012 - hurt his shoulder again.

He definitely plays on the edge and he uses his shoulders to charge through the defence a lot so it doesn't surprise me that they're always hurt.

It'll start to wear on him as he gets older for sure. Perhaps it'll warrant a change in style of play.

As we all always say around here, the core players are in peak physical shape right now. We need to win a Cup while they're at that level because once they're too old they won't be playing at the level they do now

That is not the entire situation with Kesler. He draws attention to himself because he a has mouthy attitude problem when he plays. I agree with others that he needs to shut his mouth, stop his diving and play with the tenacity that makes him a good, effective player.

With respect to playing injured, I often wonder if you are really doing the team a favor by playing injured. They all need to be 100% out there and when you are only playing 60% you are not helping anyone.

This is just a rumor nothing confirmed. Let's just wait til it's factual news. Other than Nashville series Kesler hasn't been big point producer in playoffs. Think expectations became really high since that series. Remember Nashville defense is deeper now for their top 4 defense. Last year they only had an answer for sedins but nothing for Kesler.

I'm hoping elder was injured never seen him play so slow and indecisive like this before. No big hits and skating was very slow.

Guest The Brown Burrows

Still not an excuse to get 49 points.

* Hope he recovers and plays well next year (hoping for 65+).

MG claims he would make the Hodgson trade again. He says he 'determined' H. didn't want to play here. (Couldn't he just ask him?) I don't believe him on either account. The man lies constantly. In any event this doesn't explain why he wasn't traded in the off season, and for a center.

- I don't believe a word Gillis says. (Somehow being in sports leads people to think they can lie constantly and it's alright.)

- I don't blame H. if he wanted out, after the way he was treated from day one; but it wasn't his choice.

He sounded SO sad on Team 1040...I wanted to cry hearing him. Hope you have a successful surgery during the offseason Kes, and then come back to start the season, and have your "beast mode" on!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU KES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DONT LEAVE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Congrats to Hammer, having another baby on the way :)! Team 1040 just announced that! And Booth will be on the WJC apparently, and Hansen will be glad to be on the Denmark WJc if he gets asks to go on it!!

Archived