The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo To Submit Shortlist (Chicago, Florida, Toronto, Tampa Bay)

It seems to be getting more likely that Luongo is the one initiating his move out of Vancouver, though I don't think necessarily for selfish reasons. Luongo wants out, the Canucks feel that Schneider is the one they'll move forward with.

I REALLY hope trading Lu is the right decision here. I'm not 100% comfortable with an unproven goaltender as our #1. Not taking anything away from the great play of Schneider, but what makes him different from any other goaltender in that it will be just a matter of time before the fans in this city start calling for his head too? Trading Lu is a high risk move.

Guest AriGold

Maybe Burke will overpay. Luo and Raymond for Kadri, Schenn and the 5th overall? Pretty much the only 3 players on Toronto that I would be interested in.

I think LU is the instigator for this trade moreso thatn Gillis. I think GIllis was hoping to have some time to assess the situation and explore keeping both goalies but Lu jumped the gun with his comments about his NTC.

I don't blame him. Having to sit the last 3 games of the playoffs with all the media hype must have been very painful for him and a blow to his ego. He is not interested in being a "co-goalie" with Cory getting equal billing. He is a starter and wants to finish his career that way.

WHen AV decided to run with Cory, he had to know that would likely be the end for him and Lu. I wonder if MG and the Aquilinis were made aware of the decision and understood the ramifications?

Archived