The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE OFFICIAL NHL 13 THREAD

Nail

I'm like that your AI defence actually try to do something when you aren't controlling them. It will be interesting to see how they play for Be A Pro but I'm hopeful that this improvement will be noticeable. I wasn't noticing much of a difference in goalies between the Junior goalie and Quick, which is a problem. Didn't like the new camera angleas I found it too hard to adjust to the stick being flipped for shooting and got incredibly frustrated. Looks cool though; I might give it another shot.

Can't wait to play some connected GM with some of you guys.

I find Brodeur is easy to beat.. I score a good chunk of the goals low on him, since hes more stand-up. It's LA I have trouble with. I have gone to the shootout against them several times and some loser in the 8th or 9th round scores for LA then quick is a brick wall.

One thing I HATED in 12 was how it wouldn't let you switch to a defender who was deep in your zone until the play had got to him. Now, if you're defending, you can switch right to him and get time to position him right.

I also notice that if you cross over (LD/LW making a check on the right side), the AI reads it pretty quick, and switches to cover you.

The only flaw I see is passing, and the top end speed being a bit too high on players like Raymond. However, both of those can easily be patched, and may have already been fixed.

I don't even play the actual game much, I spend most of my time in Be A GM, simulating games. If the new GM brain works like they say it does, then I'm very, very excited.

First off I didn't want this to make this a console war. And for the person calling me 14, I'm in my third year of university. So unless I am a child genius (which I am not) I am north of 20. My question was the games any different, not which console was better. And what was your friends experience with microsoft? It has never let me down yet. I have also come to the conclusion that the playstation is for 30 up while microsoft is 30 down.

One thing I HATED in 12 was how it wouldn't let you switch to a defender who was deep in your zone until the play had got to him. Now, if you're defending, you can switch right to him and get time to position him right.

I also notice that if you cross over (LD/LW making a check on the right side), the AI reads it pretty quick, and switches to cover you.

Well the glitch goal I figured out has already been patched, EA sports is using the demo to fix glitches, because people will post their videos on youtube, and ea sports will be watching them and deciding if it's something they need to fix. The one I figured out within 5 mins of playing was holding the L trigger and just skating backwards, like in NHL 11 and then just shoot top corner. EA sports is hoping anyone who finds glitches will post their videos, so they can fix them and patch them up before they release the game to the public.

Archived