The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

Have you seen public outrage to court cases or situations and plenty of other issues that easily transcend logic too? I don't give much credence at all to public outrage as some measure of whether or not something is sensible, the public hasn't exactly proven to be so. And you sure as hell bet I'd deny that terrible psychological evaluation of hunting and hunters, even if it's not for sustenance. I must point out that you and I agree somewhat in that I'd never kill for trophy but I also wouldn't come to such ridiculous conclusions that have no merit to them whatsoever.

I respect Booth for sticking to his guns.

That being said, the 2013 season can't come soon enough and even then i fear that the drama from this will spill over whenever he does an interview. Chill everyone. Chill.

Even if it were.. so?

Each person has their own reasons for hunting, and their own reasons for hunting in the fashion they do. As long as it's legal they don't really owe any explanation to anyone any more than you do for exercising free speech.

But more to the substance of outrage (a bit beyond the technicality of the above), black and grizzly bears are not defenceless animals whatsoever. Killing a domesticated cat or dog for the same kind of sport.. then you're talking about a defenceless animal, that perhaps might call into question someone's psyche. Why you like to make such weird analogies of hyperbole (murder, dictatorship, psychologically deranged people) is well above my head, but I do know if you wish to be taken seriously you'd at least come up with something rational rather than take an opinion and stretch it that far. OTOH, as mentioned, this has a similar PETA ring to it..

I hate it when people try to apply peer pressure or even worse, ram their idiological or religious beliefs down another person's throat. Most people blame religion an a major cause of war, but I disagree. It's the disrespect for others and trying to force an opinion, belief of how one is to live their way of life that is causes so much pain in the world. My question to the antihunting group is : who made you so wise and all knowing. How and who decreed your Idiology or world view correct? Could it be wrong? Could someone elses view be correct? Anyhow. Who gave these animals rights. Nature sure didn't. It's an idea made up by people. Some of who think thy have the right to ram down other people's throat

For why no similar law:

A) The fish humans eat are consequently not human predators, unlike black and grizzly bears.

B) Humans consume fish on a very high level. They don't consume bears on much a high level at all.

C) It would make no sense to allow bears to repopulate as they are a threat to human populations that wouldn't hunt them.

D) Fist fighting a bear wouldn't work out so well for the human.

The same applies to hunting, you should read the regs sometime before you assume. I guide at a fishing lodge in the Queen Charlottes and i have pictures of a bunch of different hockey players who i have fished with over the years and they are all trophy fishing. They don't care about what salmon tastes the best, they want the biggest salmon we can find out there. It's no different than what Booth has just done.

I seriously dont understand this guy

Yesterday Kesler tweeted this

Today Booth tweets this. Honestly what the hecks up with this guy? He clearly doesnt give a crap about the fans and is trying to tick them off and basically saying screw you.

I bet this is how it feels when Lapierre pisses off players on the ice!

I seriously dont understand this guy

Yesterday Kesler tweeted this

Today Booth tweets this. Honestly what the hecks up with this guy? He clearly doesnt give a crap about the fans and is trying to tick them off and basically saying screw you.

I bet this is how it feels when Lapierre pisses off players on the ice!

Wow, I think you're reading a bit too much in to this. Hunting is legal in lots of areas. Many, MANY people take part in hunting. Whether you agree with it or not, there's nothing wrong with Booth saying "I'm going hunting today".

I for one don't agree with hunting animals for sport. But guess what, if you're hunting within the law, I'm not going to try to boot you off a hockey team for it. Big whoop.

I feel bad for booth getting criticized for doing one of his favourite hobbies after going out there and working his ass off over a 82 regular season and gets criticized by his own fans.. wtf is wrong with you guys making a big deal over someone hunting since when did all of you guys become animal activist and how do you know that meat wasn't used? The people bitching and moaning over him hunting are dumb probably the same people that don't give a rats ass where most of their meat comes from. You didn't slaughter the animals you eat so I'm guessing you don't have a problem with the inhuman ways we treat the animals we eat?

Archived