The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

W C F: (3) Phoenix Coyotes Vs (8) Los Angeles Kings

Who will will the series?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

oh no no no no no. Bolland is definitely a rat don't even get me started. If you actually watched him last year in the playoffs, his stick never touched the ice cause he was too busy hacking a slashing the sedins at the hands, ankle, groin, basically anywhere with minimal padding. He was trying to injure them, no doubt about it! Brown has now been promoted to rat status, so congrats to him on his outstanding achievement!

So we have players that chirp? Again, what player doesn't?

Some of you need to put your hatred of the Kings aside and take a deep breath. Brown did NOT stick out his knee. Watch the reverse angle in slow motion. As McKenzie said, he never deviated from his track and upper body contact was made first. The knee was incidental. Brown is not a dirty player. He dives, yes, but he's never been suspended in his career and it's not because there's a conspiracy. He plays on the line without crossing. If you're mad that it happened after the whistle, it was so close there's no way he could have stopped in time.

As far as the reffing goes, it was bad both ways. Funny how no one mentions all the stuff the Yotes got away with as well. Or their diving or Smith's constant whacks at players. He even whacked Richards after the game winner. The entire Coyotes organization bitched and moaned all series long and I lost a lost of respect for them. Just look at Smith, Doan, and Yandle's post game comments.

Officiating wasn't bad at all in this game. both had their share of power plays. Most of the hatred for kings here is mostly due to the fact that they beat nucks in 5. canucks fans need to get over it and admit that LA was a better team against canucks/coyotes/blues. you don't go up 3-0 in all three series by luck or coincidence.

I can only see devils beating LA. cheering for LA though since LA has never won a cup, longer drought than canucks :emot-parrot:

Officiating wasn't bad at all in this game. both had their share of power plays. Most of the hatred for kings here is mostly due to the fact that they beat nucks in 5. canucks fans need to get over it and admit that LA was a better team against canucks/coyotes/blues. you don't go up 3-0 in all three series by luck or coincidence.

I can only see devils beating LA. cheering for LA though since LA has never won a cup, longer drought than canucks :emot-parrot:

The point is that he did nothing to attempt to even halfheartedly try and avoid a player that did not have the puck. To me it looked like his first intention was to lean into him with a forearm hit but at the last second realized he wouldn't be able to reach him that way and thought he'd at least get a piece of him anyways by continuing on with his leg, which he knew WOULD make contact somewhere. It should have been a 2 minute penalty minimum.

The fact the Kings won that way puts a stain on the NHL and its officiating already, I hope Shanahan doesn't blow this like he did with Keith and Weber. At least one game in the final. I don't think it was vicious just reckless.

But really both captains are quite similar. Doan was dealt a suspension not long ago for an elbow and just escaped another one a couple of games ago. Brown's hit on Henrik was just barely legal itself both in being late and high. They both are big boys that play on the edge physically especially in the playoffs. Those are the type of captains you need to survive in the playoffs....dare I say.

Maybe we should getting to the root of the matter. Bad refs. All season long I have never seen worse refs than we are now. We're getting clutching and grabbing back in the game (So much for putting speed back). And ref's are screwing up calls left/right/and centre.

I'd fire the director of referees, and start a training program starting from the CHL, through the AHL, and then to the NHL.

Bring in the best ref's from each league and move them up. And start firing the worst ones in the NHL. I would also consider going back to a 1 ref, 2 linesman system. What's the point of having 2 refs, if neither one are catching the penalties? We need to bring in some good ex-refs to work with the current ones and work on what to look for, improve performance, and how to create good "flow".

Just my 2 cents.

Maybe we should getting to the root of the matter. Bad refs. All season long I have never seen worse refs than we are now. We're getting clutching and grabbing back in the game (So much for putting speed back). And ref's are screwing up calls left/right/and centre.

I'd fire the director of referees, and start a training program starting from the CHL, through the AHL, and then to the NHL.

Bring in the best ref's from each league and move them up. And start firing the worst ones in the NHL. I would also consider going back to a 1 ref, 2 linesman system. What's the point of having 2 refs, if neither one are catching the penalties? We need to bring in some good ex-refs to work with the current ones and work on what to look for, improve performance, and how to create good "flow".

Just my 2 cents.

The Game Recap through my Eyes

First Point of Focus: First of all, I am in America. I watch the games on the NBC Sports Network. I truly felt that tonight's game featured biased commentating. On the play where Voynov should have been called as a delay of game penalty, the main commentator said that the "Coyotes were insane to think that was a call," and "Voynov was under pressure, so it's technically not his fault." These comments were stupid in my opinion, and made no sense, since Voynov flipped the puck directly over the glass without hitting any obstacles.

The NBC shouldn't have biased commentators. If they want to be recognized as a National Sports Network, they have to pick commentators that are fair to all teams. JR and Mike Milbury were also blatantly favoring the Los Angeles Kings as well. If these commentators want to be biased, they should commentate/report for the team's local network.

Second Point of Focus: The officiating tonight was completely terrible tonight, and we all know it. The Dustin Brown incident was an obvious example of this. According to the NHL rule book, when a player is defenseless, you may not make body contact with him unless he had possession of the puck. Aaron Rome was suspended for a late hit on Horton in the SCF last year, and I felt that Brown had the same time to react as Rome did. If he doesn't get suspended, it will show the NHL's big favoritism of the "Big Market American Cities."

The Brown hit should have been a 5 minute major. Instead, there was just a small scrum, and 1 minute later, the Kings earned a trip to the final. Voynov should have been called for delay of game as well. This was obvious, and it is possible that the Kings could have converted on that Power Play to win the game.

Third Point of Focus: Right now, we need to focus on who will play the Kings in the SCF. We also need to see whether Brown gets suspended or not, because if he doesn't, it will show the NHL's big favoritism of the "Big Market American Cities."

If anyone else has anything to add, that would be great.

Archived