The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

W C F: (3) Phoenix Coyotes Vs (8) Los Angeles Kings

Who will will the series?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Exactly, why was there no penalty there? if the Canucks hit someone and get injured (Horton) we get a major and suspensions..

This one hurts more for the Coyotes because its a blown call and the Queens score when they should be PKing..

I have a feeling Brown will get away with just a fine though.. because the NHL is like that.

Guest BuckFoston

Hmm, to think I felt really bad for Brown after someone posted that article about how he was bullied by Avery. Guy has no class and really is starting to look like Marchand out there. Except he is the captain which just makes it so much worse.

The Yotes have nothing to be ashamed of with this loss, yeah it stings real bad, but they never even got out of the first round before and here they were, Conf finals and all. Hats off to them for at least this much.

Go Rangers all the way. If the Devils manage to take the series, then go Devils. The Cup stays in the East.

The Game Recap through my Eyes

First Point of Focus: First of all, I am in America. I watch the games on the NBC Sports Network. I truly felt that tonight's game featured biased commentating. On the play where Voynov should have been called as a delay of game penalty, the main commentator said that the "Coyotes were insane to think that was a call," and "Voynov was under pressure, so it's technically not his fault." These comments were stupid in my opinion, and made no sense, since Voynov flipped the puck directly over the glass without hitting any obstacles.

The NBC shouldn't have biased commentators. If they want to be recognized as a National Sports Network, they have to pick commentators that are fair to all teams. JR and Mike Milbury were also blatantly favoring the Los Angeles Kings as well. If these commentators want to be biased, they should commentate/report for the team's local network.

Second Point of Focus: The officiating tonight was completely terrible tonight, and we all know it. The Dustin Brown incident was an obvious example of this. According to the NHL rule book, when a player is defenseless, you may not make body contact with him unless he had possession of the puck. Aaron Rome was suspended for a late hit on Horton in the SCF last year, and I felt that Brown had the same time to react as Rome did. If he doesn't get suspended, it will show the NHL's big favoritism of the "Big Market American Cities."

The Brown hit should have been a 5 minute major. Instead, there was just a small scrum, and 1 minute later, the Kings earned a trip to the final. Voynov should have been called for delay of game as well. This was obvious, and it is possible that the Kings could have converted on that Power Play to win the game.

Third Point of Focus: Right now, we need to focus on who will play the Kings in the SCF. We also need to see whether Brown gets suspended or not, because if he doesn't, it will show the NHL's big favoritism of the "Big Market American Cities."

If anyone else has anything to add, that would be great.

This is why i'm watching the nba playoffs instead of the nhl playoffs. The NHL is ruined. It's no fun to watch anymore. The reffings not fair and the players are trying to injure other players. We really have to get rid of bettman. I still dont understand why an american is the commisioner of the NHL -.-

Doughty should have been tossed for his tantrum and the knee from Brown was brutal. Hrudy says nothing about about the Kings diving only about the Canucks. I wonder if ole Shanny will look at the knee?

We may have different definitions on "rat". To me a rat is a player who intentionally tries to hurt the opposition. The only issue with lapierre, burrows and kesler is that they occasionally embellish a little, but really what player doesn't?

Archived