The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Should The Nucks Do About Ballard

TACIC

I'd like to keep Ballard for sure, and try him out in the Top 4. But if we could package him and maybe a late rounder or two for maybe a guy like Wisniewski, I'd like to see it happen. Both are meant to be offensive d-men, and Wisniewski can quarterback a powerplay, which could fill the void Ehrhoff left.

Not sure Columbus would part with him though, seems like they want to build the team from defense out

Salo at his age, i wonder if he will be a depth guy or can he continue to play with Edler.

Ham Juice

Edler ??? Weber or Suter lol

Ballard Tanev

Alberts

Salo

Prospect?

Prospect?

I mean, anyone we can sign that will fit?

You are more then welcome to ignore the bottom...

Ham Juice

Suter Edler

Ballard Weber

Salo

Alberts

Tanev

Cody Franson

:bigblush: Both Suter and Weber take hypethical discounts because they want to win a cup in Vancouver lol

No guarantee all our dmen come back and no reason to assume one or more won't be traded.

So unless someone offers to trade us an upgrade for Ballard (unlikely) then perhaps we should consider playing him.

Frankly, they should take Ballard, and his overpaid behind and ship it to the first willing moron GM that will give anything for him. The guy can move the puck just fine, but he cannot finish or set up goals, and hes terrible in his own end. Thats a not a lot of good for 4.5 a year

Keep him up until around January or the deadline and see how he goes. He will get more minutes this season with Rome unlikely to be around and Salo getting older, so we'll see a lot more of Ballard-Tanev.

If he is still producing at a 10-point pace and not a great +/- player, trade him for picks. Whether Ballard stays or goes, I want to see MG go out and find 2 top-4 defencemen, preferably guys like Garrison and Allen but guys like Vandemeer and Murray (via trade obviously) would be great too. We need to get bigger and more physical on our back end, and Ballard can be that sort of player but lately he's more of a quick, puck-moving offensive defenceman who doesn't produce offence and just gets caught out of position. We have enough of them in Bieksa and Edler.

Archived