Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Dairy Queen Sedin Soft Serve Ice Cream

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#1 Wonder__Bread

Wonder__Bread

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

There are many misconceptions on this Canucks forum, mainly towards our captain Henrik Sedin, and his brother Daniel. Please learn the definitions of the words tough and soft before blindly using them to describe two of our best forwards. The word soft is generally used towards our captain, Henrik Sedin. Frankly I'm tired of the ignorance seen in the discussions lately. Henrik Sedin, I believe is currently on the 2nd highest iron man streak and yet most of our Canucks Community is alright with the use of the term soft to describe him. Yes, you could argue because he does not play a gritty game that he is soft, but he is a playmaker/scorer, we pay him to create/score goals, not to hit.

Just because a player doesn't skate around hitting everyone near them like a goon, doesn't mean that player isn't tough, I'd like to think it's the players who constantly get hit and continue to put up points and/or go to the net that are tough. It'd be great to stop this huge misconception seen around the league that the Sedins are soft, starting with our own fans. That's my opinion on the subject, I think of the Sedins more of a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. What's your opinion on the subject?

P.S.
Sorry for all the ice cream references, the weather in Vancouver is heating up and I think my brain is trying to tell me something.

Posted Image

#2 ArtsVandalay

ArtsVandalay

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

Agreed bro.

I would love if those haters went to work everyday and got punched in the face.

Every player in the NHL is tough from Semin to Lucic. They just happen to be on opposite ends of the spectrum.

#3 CanucksLegacy

CanucksLegacy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

In my opinion I want a Dairy Queen ice cream cake now. I love the fudge center....

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Skks_King

Skks_King

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

Aw... I thought DQ was having a special or something :P
Go Canucks Go :)

#5 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,406 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

In my opinion I want a Dairy Queen ice cream cake now. I love the fudge center....

I miss Anson Carter too.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#6 Alexander.Edler

Alexander.Edler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

^HAHA

Posted Image

#7 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

I was really excited for Dairy Queen Sedin Soft Serve ice cream...

Comes in two flavors, Daniel and Henrik. :P

#8 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,482 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

but can you tell the difference?
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#9 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

It's basically due to what happened last year in the Final
Posted Image

#10 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

They'd both be flavored with real ging-- wait, no, Cory!

Edited by WeatherWise, 11 May 2012 - 02:51 PM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#11 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

People see someone in one moment of time (replayed over and over on YouTube?) and then they form a quick opinion that sticks. Everything they achieved hasn't just fallen into their lap. Of course they have toughness. Denying their talents and greatness just makes people look silly.
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#12 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

They are "durable" for sure. To be tough (in hockey terms) you have to give as good as you get.

To me it is their inability to fight through playoff checking that has been the disappointment and perhaps gets them labelled as "soft", moreso than the fact they don't play a physical game.

#13 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

So spot on!

I'm also tired of the people who claim that Henrik's a bad leader...

#14 JoGuitar

JoGuitar

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Posted Image

If my ice cream cone stared back at me like that, I'd incinerate it as soon as possible.

Or sell it on eBay.

Edited by WeatherWise, 11 May 2012 - 03:31 PM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#16 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,703 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

Lets say salaries were the same, anybody want Marchand on their team instead of Henrik? :sick: :shock: :bored:

Didn't think so!

You idiots should stick to WWF and let real men play the hockey games.

And if you think u wanna try and watch a tough guy play hockey > watch 185 lb Henrik hold off 224 lb Seabrook draped all over his back, pivot 270 degree's even with all his weight on him and still have the strength to deftly play with the puck and deliver passes on a dime.

The problem is they let too many big wankers take cheap shots cuz they keep getting embarassed!

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 11 May 2012 - 04:10 PM.

#17 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

Don't tell us this. Tell the rest of the NHL fans out there. They are the ones calling the Sedins girls, pussies, etc...

#18 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

Beleive me Hank got a lot of respect for the hit he took from Brown around this league. If a mongoloid like Milbury says you are tough you have arrived.

#19 Gauntlet

Gauntlet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

Me too. Those things are f***ing cash.

Reason why our captain is called soft is because the last two teams that knocked us out of the playoffs had captains that were very tough (Chara and Brown). People's though process behind this is that since they beat us, we must try to become exactly like them.

That thought process is stupid.

#20 Wonder__Bread

Wonder__Bread

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Don't tell us this. Tell the rest of the NHL fans out there. They are the ones calling the Sedins girls, pussies, etc...

They are "durable" for sure. To be tough (in hockey terms) you have to give as good as you get.

To me it is their inability to fight through playoff checking that has been the disappointment and perhaps gets them labelled as "soft", moreso than the fact they don't play a physical game.

That's the point though, the labeling of the Sedins being soft has to stop with the fans of Vancouver before stopping it elsewhere.

"... inability to fight through playoff checking...", this sounds like what I was hearing on here back in 2008-2009, people claiming the Sedins would not be able to perform in the playoffs because of the checking and such but they proved everyone wrong. They were both PPG players. Henrik has 51 points in his last 52 playoff games played and Daniel has a little less with 46 points in 49 games played. The only season were they weren't PPG players was the year we went to the finals, which is understandable cause of the more games played. My point is they're playoff performance is on par or better then players like Datsyuk and Iginla, so I'd be cautious to say they can't fight through playoff checking.

Edited by Wonder__Bread, 11 May 2012 - 05:48 PM.

Posted Image

#21 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

Henrik stopped being soft after Daniel took an elbow, his comments post game said it all.

Havn't been the biggest Sedin supporter, after the LA series I saw Henrik is ready to win the cup.

And in all honesty watch them play till their 40 winning 3 cups with this team.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#22 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Love those haters.

When they are not hitting they are soft players, when they do start to play physical, it will be "Look at those sedins trying to be tough." Don F IN Cherry.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#23 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,953 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

i'm on my way down to get one now.. manage to get a coupon of $20 for $10..

#24 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

They are tough, but they need to fight back too imo.

They have to do something to deter the opposition from taking them off their game.

Edited by Red Light Racicot, 11 May 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#25 treekiller64

treekiller64

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

Beleive me Hank got a lot of respect for the hit he took from Brown around this league. If a mongoloid like Milbury says you are tough you have arrived.

Me too. Those things are f***ing cash.
agreed..the league respected the way he let brown make him his b****h and came back without whining,but he lost it tenfold with his little b****h payback when dustin was on his knees from a puck and high stick to the face
Reason why our captain is called soft is because the last two teams that knocked us out of the playoffs had captains that were very tough (Chara and Brown). People's though process behind this is that since they beat us, we must try to become exactly like them.

That thought process is stupid.

by tough do you mean chara's 52 pts and +33 or the fact that brown scored as many shorthanded goals as the sedins and kessler combined??????

That's the point though, the labeling of the Sedins being soft has to stop with the fans of Vancouver before stopping it elsewhere.

"... inability to fight through playoff checking...", this sounds like what I was hearing on here back in 2008-2009, people claiming the Sedins would not be able to perform in the playoffs because of the checking and such but they proved everyone wrong. They were both PPG players. Henrik has 51 points in his last 52 playoff games played and Daniel has a little less with 46 points in 49 games played. The only season were they weren't PPG players was the year we went to the finals, which is understandable cause of the more games played. My point is they're playoff performance is on par or better then players like Datsyuk and Iginla, so I'd be cautious to say they can't fight through playoff checking.

to mention the sedins in the same sentance as Datsyuk and Iginla shows that you are the normal nuck homer that never played hockey and gets your opinions from the ridiculous van media. compare pk mins and watch the 2 way play of real team leaders to the sedins goal sucking pp and offensive zone mins. as long as this is the canucks "heart" i will continue to be embarrassed to be from bc

#26 Mcfly

Mcfly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:25 AM

To me this is a question of Insanity and Brute Force vs Skill and Intelligence.

I was always taught that NOT flying off the handle and keeping calm and collected in the face of chaos was an ADMIRABLE quality in a person.

Calling out the Twins for being soft is lame as hell.
I even thought they answered the toughness call this season and people would let up.

A good portion of the very best goal scorers in the league have this admirable quality... and yet the piranha fans and the vulture media just love referring to it as a completely negative aspect.

Guess what yo's, being cool and calm is samurai sh** !! ... so if your not down with THAT kinda cool, then buzz off.

Daniel Sedin not punching Marchand out in the finals, was a good comparison in character. Daniel deserved a power play for not flying off the handle. The refs missed this one big time. There are a hundred other players that would have dropped the gloves with that rat face, but only a handful that would think to take a punch in the face for the man advantage.

Call out Euro's for not having grit all that you want, haters. I for one am getting sick of the media trying to convince me that violence and brute force and more admirable qualities than incredible skill and intelligence.

While I'm at it, SCREW the NHL for taking this stance too.
These business clowns (cough*bettman*) don't care about players lives.
The fact that our seasons have taken on a huge serge in career ending hits to our most skilled players is testament to this.

Dank2013_zps1833a257.jpg

#27 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:12 AM

The Sedins, particularly Henrik, have become a lot more physical. In the finals they tried not to lose their cool so they could draw penalties. Plus it isn't a good idea to fight back when there aren't guys on your team to back you up. Considering the team could not do anything offensively 2 of the last 5 playoff rounds Henrik's almost PPG pace is pretty impressive.
Sig too big.

#28 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:11 AM

by tough do you mean chara's 52 pts and +33 or the fact that brown scored as many shorthanded goals as the sedins and kessler combined??????
to mention the sedins in the same sentance as Datsyuk and Iginla shows that you are the normal nuck homer that never played hockey and gets your opinions from the ridiculous van media. compare pk mins and watch the 2 way play of real team leaders to the sedins goal sucking pp and offensive zone mins. as long as this is the canucks "heart" i will continue to be embarrassed to be from bc

If you are too embarrassed to be from BC because of a hockey team then move.

#29 James28

James28

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

There is no problems with the Sedins. Don't blame them for the L.A series loss. They were the only forwards putting up points! L.A plays a tight checking style, and games 1-3 when Daniel was out Henrik was 1 on 3 or 1 on 4 the majority of the time looking for a pass. Being held and hooked non stop and not getting a call. What I saw from the twins is this series was pure hate. Pure hate in the sense that they are angry for the cup and they want to go for it.

After the OT goal was scored in game 5 the camera cut to Henrik. There was a look of disgust. Anger like I've never seen before. Rage is his eyes. While the team was dissapointed, Hank and Dan were livid. This guy and his brother want to win. They competed harder than most of the Canucks! The rest let us down. They let the Sedins down. No team in hockey can win a cup with two players. You cannot blame the Sedins for any part of the series loss. I've never seen somebody so tough as battle through L.A's clutching and grabbing and still be PPG, and in on 5 of our 8 goals! Daniel as well was PPG and in on 2/4 he was in the line up for!

The Sedins are ready. They are ready to take the cup home. But they can't do it themselves.
Henrik had the anger, the fire in his eyes. Does anyone remember this look?

Edited by James28, 12 May 2012 - 07:51 AM.

Canucks fan from Newfoundland
Looking for someone who can make a great sig. PM me :)

#30 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,655 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

There are different variations of tough and no, they're not goon tough. But as far as stamina and resilience tough - like no others. One of the points made on the Team awhile ago was how they blow up the Grouse Grind leaving others in their dust. You have to be a different kind of tough for that and that kind actually takes more than simply throwing your body weight around. That kind of tough comes from intense training and dedication year round. It involves mental toughness because, if you let up, you lose it.

The Sedins are naturally gifted but the thing that propels them to a different level is their commitment to the game. Of course they're tough - they're two of the most targeted guys in the game and they still can't be taken out of it.

One of the things I do see developing more in the Sedins is their snarls...because they are skilled players, they've also been rather "polite" on the ice but I see that changing. Still not sure if it's a good thing yet, as it pulls them off their game a bit and I know that's the intention behind it. But they do play with a bit of a nastier edge than in the past and are by no means pushovers.

Treekiller - save it. Your inner troll is shining through.

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.