The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Kesler Ran Cody Hodgson Out Of Town?

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if AV and Kesler had something to do with Cody being ran out of town. The staff kept making excuses to Cody not getting enough ice time, yet there is plenty of ice time to go around. Plenty of teams run with 3 high quality centres. It's pretty easy to distribute minutes when all 3 centres are doing special teams duty.

And then we find out Kesler was injured in February, so what happens? Kesler continues to log 20+ mins a night while doing #1 PP and PK duty. All the while, Kesler hasn't scored in the last millennia yet AV still fields a need to "shield" Hodgson. Kesler should have been the one needing shielding at that point.

And I find using Hodgson's FO% as an excuse not to play him as garbage. Adam Henrique had a 37% FO% in the regular season, yet the Devils continue to use him for key faceoffs in the playoffs. Last game, he was their best faceoff person. Hey you know, a rookie needs practice right?

Not to beat a horse to death on this topic but I havent read anything about this idea yet. Anyone ever think that Cody wanted out of town because he knew Keslers shoulder was hurt and even then they wouldnt bump him up to the second line? It was probably the straw that broke the camels back, knowing that your coach wouldnt ever move Kesler out of that spot even with his injury and playing like crap. I would want out too.

He needed to go anyway. Way overrated and will be for years too come. I don't think KES had anything to do with it. It was the correct move and I am glad we moved him before he proves everyone wrong. don't get me wrong Cody will play in the NHL for years to come, point production will always be his problem. His success will come from whom he plays with not of his own accord. The best of luck to him but our Canucks are better without him at this point.

NUFF SAID

Not to beat a horse to death on this topic but I havent read anything about this idea yet. Anyone ever think that Cody wanted out of town because he knew Keslers shoulder was hurt and even then they wouldnt bump him up to the second line? It was probably the straw that broke the camels back, knowing that your coach wouldnt ever move Kesler out of that spot even with his injury and playing like crap. I would want out too.

Archived