The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Or Foligno If You Could Do It Over Again?

Italia2006

Hodgson's list of credentials amongst his peers as a junior were impeccable. He outplayed all kinds of guys that are now highly productive NHL players like Duchesne in Colorado. And stood up fine against guys who are superstars like Pietrangelo, Tavares & Stamkos.

And there was this;

I prefer Kassian over Foligno because of the potential Kassian has to develop into a key power forward for the Canucks. I am still trying to understand the reasoning behind this claim that Hodgons is going to be a 'star' in the NHL. Says who? He had one good season with one of the best teams in the NHL. How did he do in Buffalo? Three goals and a couple assists? That's on the second line with plenty of ice time. Clearly this is not evidence that Hodgson is going to be a 'star.'

Some people just don't understand. Kassian is gonna be a physical force once he continues to develop over the years. People will realize why we did this trade when he's putting up 60+ points consistently and destroying guys. We need legitimate toughness on our team and we sorely lack the killer instinct that he brings.

Hodgson's list of credentials amongst his peers as a junior were impeccable. He outplayed all kinds of guys that are now highly productive NHL players like Duchesne in Colorado.   And stood up fine against guys who are superstars like Pietrangelo, Tavares & Stamkos.  

And there was this;

What makes you think Foligno was available?  Ottawa had already traded for a young pivot in Turris... (and there were rumours MG would have traded Hodgson for Turris).

I'm fine with taking our time to develope the guy. The only problem I have is Hodgson is so much further ahead than Kassian on the development wise and Gillis tells the fans he wanted to get bigger to help us win in the playoffs.I never saw the immediate help like Gillis was telling us. We need to win now not 2 to 3 years from now don't you think?Trade Schroeder for Kassian who isn't nhl ready not Hodgson for Kassian who is nhl ready and Hodgson was one of our most consistent players on our team at that time.

I don't think I would of sent him down but I would of played him and make him think i'm listening to him. Then I would blind side him with a trade in the offseason to get the biggest bang for the buck.Could you imagine if he played good for us in the playoffs and how much more value he could of had?

So just settle for Kassian? Hodgson is going to be a star in the league and so will Foligno. It blows my mind how we just gave away Hodgson and didn't get the max value for him. Gillis won the fight but lost the war with Hodgson.

BS. No one would have been happy about trading Hodgson for Foligno. We would have been laughed at even more if we made that trade.

There's a reason why Kassian was taken 13th overall and Foligno was taken in the 4th round. Kassian has a ton of potential and hasn't even begun to realize it yet.

Two time memorial cup winners don't exactly come around that often.

Archived