The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Leaf defenseman do we want ?

darock_sayz

I dread the thought of Schenn joining this team. I used to like his play (even when he played with Kelowna Rockets), but lately he has just been a talking, skating, liability on the ice. I thought it could have been just being on the Leafs but watching him play for team Canada had me shaking my head. This kid has some serious bad habits and will need intense coaching, IMO Vancouver is not the place that can right his ship.

I like Komisarek's mean streak and right-handedness, but I'm not happy with his foot speed or contract (but we have to take to give I guess). However I do think that Komi is another dman whose style just doesn't fit here, hopefully we pass.

The only one who intrigues me is Franson but I don't like his passiveness. We already have one giant who doesn't muck it up, don't really want another. Considering our options though he might be the only choice. Which means we would then have to take another Leaf player to even out the cap space being moved between the teams, likely a forward we don't want.

LOL you think luongo will only fetch a roster player and 4th rounder?

do you watch hockey?

elite level goalies are hard to come by... their not like forwards or defenseman...

change your usename from noheart to nobrain

would love the 5th overall but if we can't then Schenn and Ashton. Schenn is a better fit than many think we need a physical hard hitting shot blocking defensive first D man with size and grit, Schenn brings all this and is still very young and a lot of room to grow, we have the leaders on this team to help him develop, Toronto lacks that leadership, this will help Schenn a ton. If Burke won't move the 5th overall than Gillis would be nuts to not go after Schenn and Ashton and Burke would be nuts to not to give that up for Luongo and get him to the playoffs well Canucks add in the area we lack.

HAHAH I bet you double fist pumped when you thought of that!! You are just plain and simply "witty"

Seriously, get a bucket take some catastrophic mental meltdowns, throw in a flop n drop octopus breakaway move, with a below 850 save % when it counts. then fill the rest with hair gel and you will have Luongo.

Now fine sir, if i walked up to you with that bucket and wanted to make a trade.. what would you give me? besides a kick in the side of my head

triple fist pumped...

You've got to be kidding me, again elite goalies don't just come from no where. If a team wants luongo I gurantee they will overpay - I guess well see when he gets traded...

None...

Gardiner is a slightly better Tanev (better offensively and worse defensively), so why give a big asset up for him.

Schenn is overpaid bigtime for what he brings. I would like Schenn at $2.5 million max as a 3rd pairing guy who throws the body around, but he would have to be paired with someone who can drop the gloves as he is a terrible fighter when forced to back up his play.

Komisarek.... if they wanted to trade Ballard I suppose we could switch bad contracts... he does bring more what we need in the 6/7 spot than Ballard. Not what I would hope for as improvement though, I would much rather ditch Ballard's contract and get another top 4 guy in a package.

I think if we can get both Schenn and Gardiner, Burke would try to convince MG to take Komisarek as well if he wants Jake. Now just imagine our D

Edler - Schenn

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Tanev - Gardiner

Komisarek - Ballard

That is sssssseeeeexxxxxyyyyyy

I think if we can get both Schenn and Gardiner, Burke would try to convince MG to take Komisarek as well if he wants Jake. Now just imagine our D

Edler - Schenn

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Tanev - Gardiner

Komisarek - Ballard

That is sssssseeeeexxxxxyyyyyy

We don't need anything back but the CAP SPACE!

If we have to take cap space back like Komisarek...

then just keep Lou till the deal is right! Let Lou sulk as a backup, whatever he's getting paid well.

That being said we'd be lucky to get Schenn, we could develope his skill/size/toughness.

Hey Hey now, why the care bear stare? Relax, it's just my opinion

I hope some GM's watch Luongo play while blindfolded like all of the CDC Luongo Worshipers do.

A return like you purpose would happen will end Burke's Career and get Gillis a bronzed statue outside rogers arena.

That Would be awesome.

Archived