The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] London 2012 Olympics Thread

UMB

Am I the only one who is getting a bit tired of Usain Bolt's cockiness?

I am still in awe of his athletic prowess but I really do find that his need for so much media attention and just the sheer volume of what he does to attract it is a bit much. And I don't think you get to call yourself a legend. When the world coins a person "a legend", that's when they become one. Maybe I'm old school on this but I prefer my athletes to have modesty. I've always preferred a Crosby, Wickenheiser, Sinclair, etc. to an Ovechkin or Bolt

IOC President Jacques Rogge on the issue: http://t.co/9SGDY0qW

Am I the only one who is getting a bit tired of Usain Bolt's cockiness?

I am still in awe of his athletic prowess but I really do find that his need for so much media attention and just the sheer volume of what he does to attract it is a bit much. And I don't think you get to call yourself a legend. When the world coins a person "a legend", that's when they become one. Maybe I'm old school on this but I prefer my athletes to have modesty. I've always preferred a Crosby, Wickenheiser, Sinclair, etc. to an Ovechkin or Bolt

IOC President Jacques Rogge on the issue: http://t.co/9SGDY0qW

Holy crap. Jamaica SO far ahead I everyone. Canada came third but GBR might get disqualified bumping us to 2nd.

GBR disqualified, Canada bumped up to 2nd, Netherlands up to 3rd. So Jamaica, Canada and Netherlands qualify for the finals.

Anybody following the "Controversial" comments that Bolt made about Carl Lewis? The americans are now saying he's hurting his image by taking shots at Lewis and I found in another article saying how the the Jamaican team is on some sort of juice. I dunno, I just can't stand the americans. When they win they are considered the best. When they lose, it's oh it must be steroids. Same thing with the 16 year old chinese swimmer.

Back to the Carl Lewis thing, this guy was just as dirty as Ben Johnson back in the day. He was even tested positive back in 84, but was allowed to compete. Bolt has every right to slam this guy.

It's sad that the Olympics are so dirty and so corrupt, but we still follow it closely. The soccer game between the US and Canada will go down as simple as bad reffing. Or is it really? Was there pressure from up top to make sure there is a US and Japan rematch? We all know that a Japan Canada final just won't garner the attention. There is never any proof for these types of things, but the olympics will always have scandal after scandal that will make people think of conspiracies.

Anybody following the "Controversial" comments that Bolt made about Carl Lewis? The americans are now saying he's hurting his image by taking shots at Lewis and I found in another article saying how the the Jamaican team is on some sort of juice. I dunno, I just can't stand the americans. When they win they are considered the best. When they lose, it's oh it must be steroids. Same thing with the 16 year old chinese swimmer.

Back to the Carl Lewis thing, this guy was just as dirty as Ben Johnson back in the day. He was even tested positive back in 84, but was allowed to compete. Bolt has every right to slam this guy.

Archived