#1 sam13371337

sam13371337

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

POPULAR

First off, im not a butt-hurt devils fan.. i am a frustrated Neutral hockey fan. i was hoping to see a decent series/ Game...

But honestly, The NHL is becoming a little ridiculous.... 30 teams had training camp, played exhibition, 82 regular season games , and many teams played in the playoffs....

After 10 months of blood, sweat and tears. the stanley cup is going to be decided on a TERRIBLE 5 minute penalty call that decided the stanley cup

Really? The Zebra's are going to decide who lifts the cup?...

Im a die hard hockey fan, ill be back next year. But for a league in deseperate need of attracting new and fair weather fans, I could totally see how people would see the NHL as Bush league and actually watch a sport decided by players, not referee's...

absolutely sickening...
Fire MG

#2 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,843 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

I missed the penalty but a couple buddies are amazed it was a major. Can you explain what the penalty was?

#3 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,367 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

I missed the penalty but a couple buddies are amazed it was a major. Can you explain what the penalty was?

It was certainly a major, however the referees also missed a boarding call on Stoll moments before the hit, which if called, would have meant that the Bernier hit never would have happened.
I also feel like the Kings should have gotten an Interference call on Stoll (correct me if I'm wrong) for "hog-tying " (words of Jim Hughson) the Devils player before the Kings went down the ice for their 3rd goal.

Not gonna say the officiating is biased in any way, but it is absolutely brutal. There is zero consistency on what is a penalty, and what isn't.

Edited by Jagermeister, 11 June 2012 - 06:11 PM.

Posted Image

#4 sam13371337

sam13371337

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

I missed the penalty but a couple buddies are amazed it was a major.  Can you explain what the penalty was?

Scuderi turned his back to bernier, and bernier nailed him... scuderi stayed down, ref called 5/game.... Scuderi skated off on his own power, looking a little shaken... LA scores 3, GAME OVER, Stanley cup decided..You could probably argue penalty, but NO WAY, ABSOLUTELY NO WAY you call 5/game on a marginal hit like that on a deciding game of the stanley cup..
Fire MG

#5 ro0

ro0

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

Scuderi turned his back to bernier, and bernier nailed him... scuderi stayed down, ref called 5/game.... Scuderi skated off on his own power, looking a little shaken... LA scores 3, GAME OVER, Stanley cup decided..You could probably argue penalty, but NO WAY, ABSOLUTELY NO WAY you call 5/game on a marginal hit like that on a deciding game of the stanley cup..

Sure you do. It's textbook boarding that caused a pretty good gash on a shaken Scuderi. The game should be called the same way in the finals as it is in game one of the regular season. It's when they let stuff go that drives me crazy. All I want as a fan is for the standard of officiating to remain constant throughout the entire year.

Edited by ro0, 11 June 2012 - 06:14 PM.

Is she a dress wearer or a pants wearer? Could you share a rowboat? Could a rowboat support her? Would an average size rowboat support her without capsizing?

#6 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

CDC: Kings had ketchup, the blood was fake.

Posted Image

#7 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

It's a penalty for sure. Should maybe be 2 mins, but a penalty for sure.
Posted Image

#8 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,246 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Well I'm just wondering when the players are gunna take there saftey into there own hands, instead of realizing where the attacker is and putting themselves into vulnerable positions like that idiot Scuderi did.

Even the Rome hit is an example (im not bitter isn't just an example), Horton had to know that he was in the trolley tracks, in both cases I'm not sure what they player was expecting, in both cases they were hurt for sure but Scuderi was looking to see if there was a call and I bet that the coaches and trainers were telling him not to come back right away, they held him out so he wouldn't embaress the refs, if Njd scores he will be back halfway through the 2nd, or else in the 3rd.

It was a penalty for sure but not a 5, I would have been fine with a double minor but that was ridiculous.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 11 June 2012 - 06:17 PM.

zackass.png

#9 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Scuderi went into the corner picked up the puck, Bernier went in for a check, Scuderi turned towards the boards, was 2-3 feet from the boards. Hit Scuderi from behind and fell into the boards. It should have only been only been a 2.

What really grinds my gears, is that Gionta was hit from behind by Stoll, and there was no call. I am by no means a Devils fan, I am just a frustrated hockey fan that is honestly sick of the inconsistency of the reffing in the NHL.

Edited by Jaku, 11 June 2012 - 06:19 PM.

R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#10 sam13371337

sam13371337

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,804 posts

Sure you do.  It's textbook boarding that caused a pretty good gash on a shaken Scuderi.  The game should be called the same way in the finals as it is in game one of the regular season.  It's when they let stuff go that drives me crazy.  All I want as a fan is for the standard of officiating to remain constant throughout the entire year.

that shouldnt be a 5/game in a regular season game either....
Fire MG

#11 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,165 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

Sure you do. It's textbook boarding that caused a pretty good gash on a shaken Scuderi. The game should be called the same way in the finals as it is in game one of the regular season. It's when they let stuff go that drives me crazy. All I want as a fan is for the standard of officiating to remain constant throughout the entire year.

would be nice if the reffing was consistent from game 1 to the final game of the playoffs but it is not even close to being the same did you notice the growing trend of players coaches gms and owners calling out the refs and then getting fined they are fed up with the officiating its absolute garbage teams need to continue calling out refs until the league finally does something about it

#12 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,843 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eno6Uo4d6ac
It was certainly a major, however the referees also missed a boarding call on Stoll moments before the hit, which if called, would have meant that the Bernier hit never would have happened.
I also feel like the Kings should have gotten an Interference call on Stoll (correct me if I'm wrong) for "hog-tying " (words of Jim Hughson) the Devils player before the Kings went down the ice for their 3rd goal.

Not gonna say the officiating is biased in any way, but it is absolutely brutal. There is zero consistency on what is a penalty, and what isn't.

Thanks Jagermeister. Yeah, it was definitely a boarding call. Stupid play by Bernier.

I'll have to go back and watch the first period to check out the other calls you say that were missed. Jersey seems to be really pissed, and even the announcers seem to agree they have a case.

EDIT: Just saw the boarding call that wasn't called. Nothing serious, but it still deserved a 2 minute penalty.

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 11 June 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#13 Gillyfluffball

Gillyfluffball

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

I am not a LA fan, I hate how the refs seem to be playing to their favour but that was a dirty hit, but now that we are on the subject of dirty hits.......... it sort of kind off reminded me of that hit that Raymond took in Game 6 last year that wasn't even called :sadno:

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

#14 Sanj

Sanj

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

They let stuff go all series and now they call it....the inconsistencies is what drives me crazy. Call each game the same

#15 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

NO CALL AGAINST JARRET STOLL SECONDS BEFORE THE BERNIER HIT = CMON PEOPLE, THE LEAGUE IS A F'ING JOKE AT TIMES

#16 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

I had to laugh at your title.. I'm sorry!!

NHL and officiating do no go together. Perhaps NHL and non-existant officiating!!

#17 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

They let stuff go all series and now they call it....the inconsistencies is what drives me crazy. Call each game the same

Impossible, different scenarios at times, plays differ, etc. I agree though, but its just not possible as every hit in every way is a little different.

#18 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

I've been saying this for years, the officiating in this league is a complete joke.
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#19 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

The officiating is not biased. There is no conspiracy. Bettman has no say in the outcome of the game. The refs care, they are doing their best.

Their best is just really bad.
Posted Image
Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#20 shimy1

shimy1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

The officiating is not biased. There is no conspiracy. Bettman has no say in the outcome of the game. The refs care, they are doing their best.

clearly there best isnt good enough, is it time to bring in instant replay for questionable calls

#21 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,569 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

Hate when defending players see a player coming in for a hit and just turn their backs to them deliberately for a penalty...

Pisses me off.

#22 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

At no point this year has one team had this many more penalty minutes than the opposition. And this gap in penalty minutes between the two teams, is the biggest in finals history, and the game is not even over yet.

#23 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

The carter thing is 10 minutes, fine, but where was that call last year on the bruins. Also if clarkson got 10 for trying to instigate Greene, maybe Kesler should get a couple 10s for his charades. I know you don't like to hear it but I just want some honour brought back to this game as long as all 30 teams have calls made against them consistently.

#24 Dr. Hockey

Dr. Hockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

I realized I'm an angry Canucks fan.

I'm not mad at the Bruins. I hate them, but they did everything they were allowed to do to win the cup. Forget about the lambasting the Canadian media did on us, and the hockey gods f*cking us over,

I'm not mad at the Kings for beating us this year.

I'm mad at the NHL for being a manipulated product. The reffing was the absolute worst in professional sports this year beginning last year's biased playoffs. I remind those of you of game 6 against Chicago who say I'm spitting sour grapes.

I am starting to hate the NHL, and for the first time I am thinking of finding something else to do with my time than support that bullsh*t.

The media doesn't help at all. They are just as hypocritical as the officials. How is Brown any different fro, Torres for running around trying to hurt people? One player is crucified and one is heralded. I just want the winner's to deserve it, not have it given to them,.
Bah, I'm glad summer is on.

P.S. Good for LA, I wanted them to win, but I didn't want the officials to win it for them.

#25 Scoobydooby

Scoobydooby

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

I had to laugh at your title.. I'm sorry!!

NHL and officiating do no go together. Perhaps NHL and non-existant officiating!!

pretty much says it all. Officiating has been brutal for a long time now and only seems like it will get worse. Nice goin NHL..

Posted Image

#26 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

it sucks, but then again, the reason you don't want to go down 3-0 is that any one of the next four games can go against you unfairly.

#27 We Broke The Cup

We Broke The Cup

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

Lol! sad but true. Who would of thought LAs power play would put up 3 goals.

#28 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:48 AM

Jarret Stole boarded a NJ player seconds earlier and no call. Tonight the refs just gave the cup to the Kings.

#29 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,866 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:05 AM

That was disgusting. The final scoreline reads LA with 9 powerplays, NJD with 2.

The refs single-handedly gave L.A the Cup after that 5 minute powerplay - that hit wasn't being called all playoffs long and suddenly its reason to throw a player out of a game and cause his team to lose the Cup? To do that in a Cup-clinching game is just a disgrace.

I'll admit the Boston-Vancouver series was relatively well-reffed. Sure, things weren't getting called, but they were going both ways (Higgins blindsided Chara but no one called foul there). This on the other hand is rediculous, and the Kings have been getting all the calls going there way all playoffs long - especially against St. Louis and Phoenix but to cap it off they get a Cup-winning-5 minute major.
Posted Image

#30 Smyl ( :

Smyl ( :

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:25 AM

Glad I missed this game...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.