The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which UFA center would be the best fit on our third line?

Best third-line center option?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gaustad.

I wanted him a few years ago...back when we acquired Lapierre. He's big, strong on the puck, and good faceoff %. A prototypical 3rd line checking centre. Then hopefully AV will have confidence to roll 4 lines instead of shortening the bench (which he always do). Problem is...Gaustad will command $3-3.5M as a UFA. I think it's worth the money to have a quality centre. But that's just me.

Stoll would be great but I agree his value may be a little too high right now

Pahlsson would be my second choice

failing that between Lappy and Manny I think we have the 3rd line covered already.Edit- pretty sure Madden is going to retire, but as he has family on Vancouver Island it would be fun to see him with the Canucks.

Stoll brings more offense than Gaustad. He is as good or better on faceoffs, and he is hard to play against. He is a premium 3rd line or a decent 2nd line center. He can play 2nd unit PP and has a much better shot than Gaustad too.

As a pure Checking role, Pahlsson or Gaustad are both options, with Pahlsson having the Swedish connection. If we could sign Stoll to 3 years I'd take him first.

The thing Stoll gives us is the versatility to move up into a top 6 C role when we have an injury (whereas right now, we're kinda SOL)

Archived