The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor - CBJ was going to make a "major offer" for Schnieder

babych

Varlamov got a 1st round pick and 2nd round pick

Bernier got a 2nd round pic Matt Frattin (99th overall) and backup Scrivens

Schneider got a 1st round pick

so of the young goalies that have been traded the value is about the same maybe a bit lower but not by much

Varlamov got a 1st round pick and 2nd round pick

Bernier got a 2nd round pic Matt Frattin (99th overall) and backup Scrivens

Schneider got a 1st round pick

so of the young goalies that have been traded the value is about the same maybe a bit lower but not by much

Except the Schneider deal was made when the Canucks knew what the 1st pick would be.

That adds alot more to a deal than just a first or second with no number assigned to it or guarantees that a certain player will be available.

The Varlamov trade ended up getting the Capitals Tom Wilson. And the Bernier trade ended up getting the Kings Zykov.

Horvat will hopefully turn out much better than these two players.

I guess I'm bumping this for the second time but it really highlights how badly Gillis mismanaged this whole thing.

I'm very happy with Horvat but had MG traded Schneider last year he probably could have gotten CBJ to eat Ballards contract also.

Instead, he leaves it until way too late and we get diminished returns.

I used to really like Gillis but I'm starting to not be a huge fan of his.

how is it relevant? It was an old trade offer by a previous regime (the original jeff carter for schneider offer) that wasn't taken.

And I thought harping on the Hodgson trade was a dead horse, can wait to see how long it is before people let this one go.

Being that TSN reported Cory was being shopped at least 24 hours before he was traded, there would be no excuse for CBJ to make an offer if they wanted too. So it makes the "but they would have" rumor less than believable. The proof is in what they actually did, not in what "someone" said they "would" have done.

Archived