The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Two of Bjugstad, Gudbranson, Versteeg, or a first please. So

1) Luongo for Bjugstad + Gurbranson (not likely)

2) Luongo for Bjugstad + Versteeg

3) Luongo for Gudbranson + Versteeg

4) Luongo for Bjugstad +1st

5) Luongo for Gudbranson + 1st

6) Luongo for Versteeg + 1st

All options seem really appetizing.

In regards to the report that Lou is only waiving for FLA....

Firstly, for all the Lou fans, well now its being reported he only wants to go to florida, so find some way to explain around what I stated was the obvious, that he is being traded/wants/asked to be traded by stating he would waive his ntc.

Second, he also stated he would do whats best for the team and waive. Interesting, that if this is true, he has backed MG further into a corner. Great way to repay the team that gave you the biggest most lucrative contract you've ever seen and perhaps the highest in NHL history for a goalie? (not sure on that but damn close).

Again, IF this is indeed true, Lou is looking out for himself. Mr Ego getting what he wants, and hammering the team that owns his rights because a younger goalie plays better than him. Out competed, out played and now holding a gun to the team's head. Not being traded because they had an argument with the coach or mgmt didn't support him (ie Bure issues), he's being traded because there is someone better and his ego is so bruised he's taking it out on the team.

What happened to doing what's best for the team Lou? Oh ya in Italian there is an "I' in team isn't there?

All class, all character, great team guy.

This whole Loungo saga and the way the fans have treated a player that has done so much for this franchise has made me even more embarrassed to be a fan of this beautiful city's team.

It's one thing to criticize but to go out and purposely try to humiliate someone and just spew hatred makes it no surprise that our city is known for stupid riots and ignorant fans.

What has he done so much of for this city or the organization? Above and beyond what all players do? Has he donated time and $ in the realm of Linden, Naslund and the Twins? Has he made it his permanent home like Salo? Beyond being a top 10 goalie, it seems to me that Luono hasn't done much beyond what is expected of all players that come to this organization.

my proposition:

to Van: Bjugstad, Upshall (cap relief but he'll play with the Wolves), Mathias or 2nd round pick

to Fla: Bobby Lu, Schroeder

The Canucks get a future Ryan Getzlaf in Bjugstad, and a 4th line centre in Mathias.

The Panthers get a future Marc Savard in Schroeder and a good goalie for the rest of existence.

Great deal for both teams. If you don't agree, then clearly you are playing too much NHL 12 Be a GM.

Archived