The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

60 minutes per game yes, but half the time he's just standing there picking his nose cause the play is either in the offensive or in the neutral zone. So really the goalie is probably only doing work for roughly 30 minutes a game. But, regardless I think it's a waste of an asset not to mention cap space to have 2 starting goalies when one of them can be traded to improve other parts of the team. We've been ripping Florida off for a decade now, so it's about time they get the better end of the stick in a possible Luongo trade.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399474

Are the Florida Panthers the clear frontrunner for Roberto Luongo?

Darren Dreger: Yes, there are ongoing negotiations between Vancouver and Florida. Canucks general manager Mike Gillis is driving the bus and the bus is in low gear. Nothing has changed since the NHL Draft but there is an ongoing negotiation. The Panthers didn't like the first approach from Gillis and countered with another offer but I wouldn't say that it's close. The Toronto Maple Leafs did express interest but I'm also told the Leafs are not engaged in discussions with Vancouver at this stage.

I find it really interesting how no one in the media had any clue about a deal with Schneider being this close. It's not often that a team breaks their own signings these days, especially when so many media members are following the Canucks so closely with the Schultz and Luongo stuff.

I think sometimes we are led to believe that reporters know more about a situation than they actually do. Yesterday there were conflicting reports from McKenzie and Murph, McKenzie said no one had met with Schultz yet but Murph said the Canucks had already. McKenzie even said himself that the teams were being very tight lipped and he likely wouldn`t learn much from them but was tweeting about it all day anyways.

On-topic: Could Schneider`s signing indicate a Luongo trade is close? There's been a lot of speculation that he wouldn't sign until Lou was traded, but now he has. I don't think he would without at least having Gillis' assurance that Lou will be gone.

I find it really interesting how no one in the media had any clue about a deal with Schneider being this close. It's not often that a team breaks their own signings these days, especially when so many media members are following the Canucks so closely with the Schultz and Luongo stuff.

I think sometimes we are led to believe that reporters know more about a situation than they actually do. Yesterday there were conflicting reports from McKenzie and Murph, McKenzie said no one had met with Schultz yet but Murph said the Canucks had already. McKenzie even said himself that the teams were being very tight lipped and he likely wouldn`t learn much from them but was tweeting about it all day anyways.

On-topic: Could Schneider`s signing indicate a Luongo trade is close? There's been a lot of speculation that he wouldn't sign until Lou was traded, but now he has. I don't think he would without at least having Gillis' assurance that Lou will be gone.

Archived