The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

To the Burke flying to Vancouver thing. Unless BB is a moron and doesnt realize that Gillis and Aqualini are in Toronto to meet Schultz then he isnt flying to Vancouver.

I had my doubts about this insider and they are confirmed by the Burke flying to Vancouver tweet

I can't believe people are suggesting Campbell.. his contract is gomez bad. Luongo addresses Floridas goaltending issue, but the nucks are overloaded on D! I was just getting excited at the prospect of ballard getting a shot (finally)... Campbell is a poor mans ehrhoff with the same ridiculous price tag. If the canucks wanted to overpay an offensive D, 'hoff would still be in a canucks jersey

In the southeast dont forget that. They are very similar to Bouwmeester numbers when he was with florida. Cant say that production is around anymore which makes me very weary of Brian Campbell especially with that contract

Dregger is just a mouth piece for the Leafs. He's Dave Nonis' brother in law. I consider DD to be the Leafs propaganda minister.

Mckenzie is so predictable its not even funny. I can say the things Mac says. Today on Sports Centre he said this about Shultz, paraphrasing,

"is he going to win the Norris next year? pbbly not, Is he someone who can fit into a team's top 4 for the next 10 years? pbbly."

That's so stupid, who can't predict what Mckenzie just said. He asks rhetorical questions and answers them in every interview I hear or see him in. Most annoying analyst out there.

Did Mackenzie give any indication of who Schultz was going to sign with? No he didn't. Does Mackenzie know who Schultz is going to sign with? No he doesn't. Is Justin Schultz going to sign with an NHL team in the near future? Yes he is.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there are basically only two likely scenarios:

1) Lou is traded before July 1st and Schneider will sign with the Canucks if and when they meet his asking price which they will. If the brass wasn't satisfied with his agent's request then they wouldn't be investigating trading Lou. This deal will likely be in the $4.0 mil range for 3+ years.

2) Lou is not traded and the Canucks elect to take Schneider to arbitration, protecting him from offer sheets, for which the Canucks will opt for a 2 year deal undoubtedly. This buys the Canucks management time, and timing, to make the best deal for Lou they can. The arbitrator will likely elect a much lower cap hit than Schneider would receive on a multi year deal, likely for $3.0 mil or under for two years.

Considering the worst possible scenario is the Canucks starting the year with both Lou and Schneids for about $8.3 mil, tell me again why MG is in a bad position.

The Canucks can't really lose here. It's a matter of how much we gain in the process.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there are basically only two likely scenarios:

1) Lou is traded before July 1st and Schneider will sign with the Canucks if and when they meet his asking price which they will. If the brass wasn't satisfied with his agent's request then they wouldn't be investigating trading Lou. This deal will likely be in the $4.0 mil range for 3+ years.

2) Lou is not traded and the Canucks elect to take Schneider to arbitration, protecting him from offer sheets, for which the Canucks will opt for a 2 year deal undoubtedly. This buys the Canucks management time, and timing, to make the best deal for Lou they can. The arbitrator will likely elect a much lower cap hit than Schneider would receive on a multi year deal, likely for $3.0 mil or under for two years.

Considering the worst possible scenario is the Canucks starting the year with both Lou and Schneids for about $8.3 mil, tell me again why MG is in a bad position.

The Canucks can't really lose here. It's a matter of how much we gain in the process.

Archived