Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4386 replies to this topic

#3301 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

I prefere Huberdeau to Gudbranson because we don't need Gudbranson we need a play making Centermen to play with both Kesler and Booth Booth Huberdeau Kesler..... Sexy line i must say

we have

Hamuis Bieksa
Edler Garisson
Ballard Sauve

you really think that Gudbranson will want to play on the bottom with ballard? no Sauve would work just fine with Ballard

Do I really care whether a sophomore NHLer on his ELC will want to play on a bottom pairing of an NHL contending team or not? No, because he's signed for 2 more years at a dirt cheap price and will be an RFA for the next little while. And no, Sauve will not work just fine with Ballard. He is not NHL ready.

And the bolded just shows how much knowledge you lack regarding the sport - Ryan Kesler will not move to wing for a goddamn rookie who hasn't proven anything at the professional level against men. He is the 2nd best center on this team and he will not play on anybody's wing except for Henrik on the PP. He's an excellent centerman who is great defensively, great on faceoffs and is a shoot-first player.

Playmaking ability is not a requirement for a center - there are so many other aspects of the position and Ryan has every one of them whereas Huberdeau lacks them all as a rookie. I'd rather have Ryan learn to pass more (only one aspect which lacks in his game) than rely on Huberdeau to learn every other aspect of the game as a rookie center in the NHL.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#3302 bleednucksblue

bleednucksblue

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

Do I really care whether a sophomore NHLer on his ELC will want to play on a bottom pairing of an NHL contending team or not? No, because he's signed for 2 more years at a dirt cheap price and will be an RFA for the next little while. And no, Sauve will not work just fine with Ballard. He is not NHL ready.

And the bolded just shows how much knowledge you lack regarding the sport - Ryan Kesler will not move to wing for a goddamn rookie who hasn't proven anything at the professional level against men. He is the 2nd best center on this team and he will not play on anybody's wing except for Henrik on the PP. He's an excellent centerman who is great defensively, great on faceoffs and is a shoot-first player.

Playmaking ability is not a requirement for a center - there are so many other aspects of the position and Ryan has every one of them whereas Huberdeau lacks them all as a rookie. I'd rather have Ryan learn to pass more (only one aspect which lacks in his game) than rely on Huberdeau to learn every other aspect of the game as a rookie center in the NHL.

Hands down one of the best posts I've ever read on this board.
You will always be on our mind and in our heart. RIP Luc!

John Garrett after a brutal pass by Olli Jokinen:

"Jokinen makes a pass 8 feet behind anybody, to no-one. That's Calgary's first line, unfortunately for them."

#3303 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Reported toronto's last offer is Kulemen,Komisarik 1st round pick

What an fn joke insult that is.

Pull your head out Burke.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#3304 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

rely on Huberdeau to learn every other aspect of the game as a rookie center in the NHL.

Everyone knows Huberdeau can play the wing right? apparently he's pretty good, according to hockey's future, he was named to the QMJHL First All-Star Team as a left wing. so the whole kes to the wing thing isn't an issue.

"I think it's time to move on." RL1 @GrizzlyMantooth"It was what it was." TB44

#3305 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

What an fn joke insult that is.

Pull your head out Burke.

Nope, sorry, if that pick is top 10 (which I think it would be) then it's already a steal for Vancouver with Komisarek and Kulemin just being cherries on top. This is Luongo's value.

#3306 SMR

SMR

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Nope, sorry, if that pick is top 10 (which I think it would be) then it's already a steal for Vancouver with Komisarek and Kulemin just being cherries on top. This is Luongo's value.

If the pick is top 10, then I'm not sure they want Luongo.

#3307 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

Top 10 really? Cause according to most out there, Luongo would get the Leafs to the playoffs and that's the only reason Burke is pursuing this, the pick will most likely fall between 16-25

#3308 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

Top 10 really? Cause according to most out there, Luongo would get the Leafs to the playoffs and that's the only reason Burke is pursuing this, the pick will most likely fall between 16-25

I agree it will most likely be a mid rounder.

"I think it's time to move on." RL1 @GrizzlyMantooth"It was what it was." TB44

#3309 SunnyHours

SunnyHours

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

whispers going around is tanev, schroeder, luongo are the package heading to FLA. for a young prospect, theodore, 1st rd pick. DT wants tanev after losing garrison. And people say theodore has nixed the deal.Take this with a grain of salt.

Whoever is whispering this, I call BS. It's nothing more than a teaser to get hits to a site/followers to an account. How is it that every piece is named but the 'prospect' coming back to the Canucks. Would love to be wrong but it seems kinda strange of you ask me.

Edited by J83, 07 July 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#3310 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,139 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

Those aren't cherries - they are dumps. Komisarek 4.5 million, Kulemin qualified at (2.35 +10% =) 2.6 million - that's 7.1 million for a pylon and a left wing (which the Canucks don't need) who scored 7 goals last year. Ridiculous. Extremely. Add that up and it gets in the way of a bid for Doan - another variation on the crap that's been coming out of Toronto all along. Leaf pipe dreams. If you want to move those two guys, Calgary has a guy name Bouwmeester they might send your way.

Edited by oldnews, 07 July 2012 - 10:09 PM.

#3311 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

Komi is a plug on a terrible Leafs team and Kulemin is worth about as much as Raymond. If this is the trade Burke is offering I would laugh and tell him to enjoy his final season as a Leafs GM. I would rather have $9 mil in goaltenders than pay for those plugs in the pressbox and if Lu doesn't like it and wants to pout, tell him CLB is in need of a starter.

#3312 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

Those aren't cherries - they are dumps. Komisarek 4.5 million, Kulemin qualified at (2.35 +10% =) 2.6 million - that's 7.1 million for a pylon and a left wing (which the Canucks don't need) who scored 7 goals last year. Ridiculous. Extremely. Add that up and it gets in the way of a bid for Doan - another variation on the crap that's been coming out of Toronto all along. Leaf pipe dreams. If you want to move those two guys, Calgary has a guy name Bouwmeester they might send your way.

I will actually agree with you.

That has Toronto Maple Leaf Lover pull out of a$$ rumor written all over it!

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#3313 t_ray99

t_ray99

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'm curious why noone seems to be considering Quinton Howden as a possible FLA prospect to deal for. He's likely considered to be not one of their top top prospects by Tallon (Gudbranson, Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Grimaldi, Markstrom, etc.) and VAN's prospect pool at LW is quite thin. Thoughts?

Edited by t_ray99, 07 July 2012 - 10:40 PM.

Posted Image

#3314 canucks#01fan

canucks#01fan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

how exactly do you pronounce Bjugstad?
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for avatar

#3315 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,139 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

Komi is a plug on a terrible Leafs team and Kulemin is worth about as much as Raymond. If this is the trade Burke is offering I would laugh and tell him to enjoy his final season as a Leafs GM. I would rather have $9 mil in goaltenders than pay for those plugs in the pressbox and if Lu doesn't like it and wants to pout, tell him CLB is in need of a starter.

yes, and this is why the Leafs will have a top 10 pick.... for eternity...
they do things like give up the 2nd overall (Seguin) and 9th overall (Hamilton) and a 2nd round pick, for Kessel, muahahaha, but wouldn't give up the 5th overall when they had the opportunity to acquire a goaltender who could get them out of the their top 10 draft streak...
the Leafs are so....easy.

#3316 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,139 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

I'm curious why noone seems to be considering Quinton Howden as a possible FLA prospect to deal for. He's likely considered to be not one of their top top prospects by Tallon (Gudbranson, Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Grimaldi, Markstrom, etc.) and VAN's prospect pool at LW is quite thin. Thoughts?

The prospect pool may be thin, but the roster is extremely deep.

#3317 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

yes, and this is why the Leafs will have a top 10 pick.... for eternity...
they do things like give up the 2nd overall (Seguin) and 9th overall (Hamilton) and a 2nd round pick, for Kessel, muahahaha, but wouldn't give up the 5th overall when they had the opportunity to acquire a goaltender who could get them out of the their top 10 draft streak...
the Leafs are so....easy.

They haven't had a goalie since Cujo/Belfour. That's 10 years of bad goaltending. You would think that the fans are tired of overhyped and unproven goaltenders and want someone who is proven.

#3318 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,139 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

how exactly do you pronounce Bjugstad?

as with Bjorn, but Bjoog

#3319 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#3320 HiFiclub

HiFiclub

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

45]
Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr
The #Canucks are doing so in hopes that the 3 teams will up their bids. As of right now, I am hearing Burke is the most aggressive (cont)

Expand

45]
2mPosted ImageHockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr
(cont) Luongo is in Vegas playing poker so he should be asked to waive his NTC AFTER his tournament. @strombone1 #Canucks

Expand

45]
3mPosted ImageHockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr
The #Canucks are over waiting this thing despite the 3 teams putting pressure on a resolution. They are extending the process by saying(cont

45]

45]
1mPosted ImageHockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr
(cont) And the #Leafs are the team putting most pressure on#Canucks to have a resolution in the Luongo file sooner rather than later.

Posted ImagePosted Image

The word Aggressive + Brian Burke reminds me of the 2 things above. He seems always impatient... He could trade away 1st round pick for a bag of "blue magic pills"

Edited by HiFiclub, 07 July 2012 - 11:01 PM.

Posted Image

Canucks
Posted Image

#3321 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,139 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

They haven't had a goalie since Cujo/Belfour. That's 10 years of bad goaltending. You would think that the fans are tired of overhyped and unproven goaltenders and want someone who is proven.

I'm just hoping MG can get this done - with Florida - the Leafs can continue being the Leafs.

Edited by oldnews, 07 July 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#3322 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,139 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

I will actually agree with you.

That has Toronto Maple Leaf Lover pull out of a$$ rumor written all over it!

Right up there with the other latest rumour - that Burke wouldn't include Bozak in a deal....
Bozak - the Leafs latest 'untouchable'.
I think the Leafs rumour mill might be approaching this with the wrong kind of "aggressiveness".

#3323 HiFiclub

HiFiclub

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

I was laughing my @ss off when Burke was kissing all his Leaf fans' @ss during his speech in the 1st round draft this year. "Something like...First of all, I would like to thanks all da season ticket holders in Toronto for all their support" LOLLL

Edited by HiFiclub, 07 July 2012 - 11:13 PM.

Posted Image

Canucks
Posted Image

#3324 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,991 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

Just give me:

Matthias, Theodore and Howden

And I'm good, lets just get this fiasco done.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#3325 Xx Malcolm

Xx Malcolm

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

Just give me:

Matthias, Theodore and Howden

And I'm good, lets just get this fiasco done.

yeah, lets give luongo away!

#3326 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,991 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:13 AM

yeah, lets give luongo away!

Not sure if serious..
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#3327 vcr1970

vcr1970

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:35 AM

I'm not sure why people are expecting a lot back for Luongo.

What most of the posters aren't realizing is that his contract is a hinderance to the team. The Canucks don't want him right now, so why should some other team want him for another 8 - 10 years at a cap hit of 5,000,000+ per year?

If I were MG, I would trade him for either of the following:

Tor - Lupul (straight up)

Fla - Versteeg + a second round pick

The reason he hasn't been traded yet (in my opinion), isn't because teams aren't willing, but because the asking price is way too high.

#3328 Blame Obama

Blame Obama

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:49 AM

I'm not sure why people are expecting a lot back for Luongo.

What most of the posters aren't realizing is that his contract is a hinderance to the team. The Canucks don't want him right now, so why should some other team want him for another 8 - 10 years at a cap hit of 5,000,000+ per year?

If I were MG, I would trade him for either of the following:

Tor - Lupul (straight up)

Fla - Versteeg + a second round pick

The reason he hasn't been traded yet (in my opinion), isn't because teams aren't willing, but because the asking price is way too high.

:picard:

10f3wcl.jpg

sig made by: -Vintage Canuck-

#3329 canucks#01fan

canucks#01fan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:56 AM

when is the damn poker tournament over?
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for avatar

#3330 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

So Gillis should trade Luongo for far less than he is worth, just so he can say he traded him? Gee, why not just send him out for a 9th round pick?

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.