The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(REPORT) Zach Parise to announce decision tomorrow

If I was a high profile UFA or anyone do up for a contract

I would never sign a 10 year deal.

So many things can happen in 10 yrs, like a douchebag teammate or coach, ownership change or instability, franchise relocation, a young goaltender outplaying you out of town.

Look at Redden and many others who are no longer living the dream because they could not live up to the contract they signed a few years prior.

The guys that stay with the big club must feel like a bucket behind a speed boat, like Scott Gomez for example

You can call the GM's idiots for signing these deals, but in the end it's the players that are stupid. It can completely ruin your career and screw over your team.

only way out is to play in the minors

So many things can happen in 10 yrs, like a douchebag teammate or coach, ownership change or instability, franchise relocation, a young goaltender outplaying you out of town.

Look at Redden and many others who are no longer living the dream because they could not live up to the contract they signed a few years prior.

The guys that stay with the big club must feel like a bucket behind a speed boat, like Scott Gomez for example

You can call the GM's idiots for signing these deals, but in the end it's the players that are stupid. It can completely ruin your career and screw over your team.

I've worked out an offer for Zack Parise.

It is based upon scoring.

Last four full seasons played, points combined:

Parise = 310 points / 77.5 points a season (missed 2 games, excluding 2010/11 due to injury, including 2007/8 instead)

Henrik = 369 points / 92.3 per season (missed no games)

Daniel = 338 points / 84.5 per season or 91.2 projected over 82 game season (missed 29 games)

Parise scores on average 88.4% as much as each of the Sedins average.

.884 x 6.1 = 5.15 million

It is a five year deal - same term as the last deal the Sedins signed.

5 years at 5.15 million / 25.75 million.

Take it or leave it.

I've worked out an offer for Zack Parise.

It is based upon scoring.

Last four full seasons played, points combined:

Parise = 310 points / 77.5 points a season (missed 2 games, excluding 2010/11 due to injury, including 2007/8 instead)

Henrik = 369 points / 92.3 per season (missed no games)

Daniel = 338 points / 84.5 per season or 91.2 projected over 82 game season (missed 29 games)

Parise scores on average 88.4% as much as each of the Sedins average.

.884 x 6.1 = 5.15 million

It is a five year deal - same term as the last deal the Sedins signed.

5 years at 5.15 million / 25.75 million.

Take it or leave it.

Archived