Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

(REPORT) Zach Parise to announce decision tomorrow

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
111 replies to this topic

#91 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,078 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

I've worked out an offer for Zack Parise.

It is based upon scoring.

Last four full seasons played, points combined:

Parise = 310 points / 77.5 points a season (missed 2 games, excluding 2010/11 due to injury, including 2007/8 instead)

Henrik = 369 points / 92.3 per season (missed no games)

Daniel = 338 points / 84.5 per season or 91.2 projected over 82 game season (missed 29 games)

Parise scores on average 88.4% as much as each of the Sedins average.

.884 x 6.1 = 5.15 million

It is a five year deal - same term as the last deal the Sedins signed.

5 years at 5.15 million / 25.75 million.

Take it or leave it.

#92 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:27 AM

I've worked out an offer for Parise too! It's based on Hobey Baker's take-home pay - $20 a week minus expenses.

Hey, at least mine has no worse a shot!...
Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:41 PM by BloodyCanuckleheads

I could definitely see Grabner going. He seems to have done his best to play his way out the door (and Gillis seems to be the smartest GM we've ever had, so, put two and two together)...

#93 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:19 AM

I've worked out an offer for Zack Parise.

It is based upon scoring.

Last four full seasons played, points combined:

Parise = 310 points / 77.5 points a season (missed 2 games, excluding 2010/11 due to injury, including 2007/8 instead)

Henrik = 369 points / 92.3 per season (missed no games)

Daniel = 338 points / 84.5 per season or 91.2 projected over 82 game season (missed 29 games)

Parise scores on average 88.4% as much as each of the Sedins average.

.884 x 6.1 = 5.15 million

It is a five year deal - same term as the last deal the Sedins signed.

5 years at 5.15 million / 25.75 million.

Take it or leave it.

Interesting way of calculating a salary. But if you are smart, you should compare it to Gretzky and Lemieux and get an extra discount for us. :huh:
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#94 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,972 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:20 AM

I really hope the team Parise signs for is a team I'm willing to cheer for.

I really want him staying in New Jersey. Minnesota I do not.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#95 InTo ThE WiLD

InTo ThE WiLD

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:07 AM

I really hope the team Parise signs for is a team I'm willing to cheer for.

I really want him staying in New Jersey. Minnesota I do not.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...

#96 InTo ThE WiLD

InTo ThE WiLD

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:20 AM

12M signing bonus for a guy who's never gotten 50 goals or 100 points? I mean he's good but he's no Stamkos.

82 GP : 45 G , 49 A = 94 P

no stamkos but still a very talented winger

Plus people need to understand as hard as it is, that life is not always made of maths , I mean It is not because there are people more talented and more efficient that he is getting paid less, because the whole process of free agency changes that completely !

It is a race between organizations that want to add the best player available this year to their roster, in that case it is Parisé so yeah some players are better than him but they are not free agents so take it as it is, he will be overpaid because of the pinciple of Offer / Demand :

low offer + very high demand = high prices

So as long as people will try to think the other way and compare Zach Parisé to some players that are not Free agents , it's a dead discussion and you people will never be able to agree with each other lol

It's just like you guys go to attend auctions and complain about the prices going high , don't you think you'd sound ridiculous ? the Commissioner would probably tell you :

" These are auctions, if you don't like the principle of it , just don't come here instead of wasting our time "

#97 2013's The Charm

2013's The Charm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:43 AM

Parise, don't force me to hate you by going to Minnesota. I really don't want that to happen.

#98 InTo ThE WiLD

InTo ThE WiLD

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

Parise, don't force me to hate you by going to Minnesota. I really don't want that to happen.

haha not that he really cares about you hating him I think ...

I wouldn't hate him for going to the Canucks even though it is unlikely to happen

#99 2013's The Charm

2013's The Charm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:52 AM

haha not that he really cares about you hating him I think ...

I wouldn't hate him for going to the Canucks even though it is unlikely to happen

If Gillis can land Parise I wouldn't care what other FA signings we would make. But as you said unlikely to happen. I'd say he either stays with New Jersey or goes to Pittsburgh.

#100 InTo ThE WiLD

InTo ThE WiLD

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:58 AM

If Gillis can land Parise I wouldn't care what other FA signings we would make. But as you said unlikely to happen. I'd say he either stays with New Jersey or goes to Pittsburgh.

well Im' hoping he comes back Home to Minnesota, as I live in Minneapolis, I'd like to go and watch him play.

But the problem is the team is not competitive so I don't think he will want to sign with the wild ....

I just really hope he doesn't sign for : Pittsburgh , Boston, Philly, NY Los Angeles , Detroit

I'd rather see him on : Wild, Blackhawks, Canucks ,Avalanche , Capitals

#101 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:31 AM

Here's a noteworthy tweet from Pierre LeBrun an hour ago:

http://twitter.com/R...500351378403328

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Happy July 4th to my American friends and followers south of the border. Two great American hockey players set to make their decision today.
5:52 AM - 4 Jul 12 via TweetDeck · Details

Some people believe this may be wishful thinking on LeBrun's part. We shall see.
The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#102 Yeria

Yeria

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

Who cares, canucks aren't signing anyone....and parise not coming here

We should care as well because him and Suter are probably the reason why there's a trade logjam at the moment.
Posted Image
Thanks to Hockey_Crazy for the sig!

#103 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:13 AM

From what I'm reading it sounds like both Parise and Suter are going to sign with the Wild. God that would suck playing Parise and Suter 6 times a year.

I really hope it turns out to be BS.

Edited by Nas19, 04 July 2012 - 07:16 AM.

#104 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,204 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:17 AM

The Sedins are a steal, any other point-per-game or Art Ross/Hart winner would be raking in 8+ million, and we somehow get the 2 most consistent guys for 6.1 million.

That's the definition of a "home-town discount" but more importantly loyalty and dedication to a winning team. If Parise has these qualities he'll resign for around 5 million with New Jersey anyway.
Posted Image

#105 InTo ThE WiLD

InTo ThE WiLD

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

From what I'm reading it sounds like both Parise and Suter are going to sign with the Wild. God that would suck playing Parise and Suter 6 times a year.

I really hope it turns out to be BS.

Man I couldn't be more happy if it happened but where did you read any of this ?

#106 Fozzy

Fozzy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:50 AM

82 GP : 45 G , 49 A = 94 P

no stamkos but still a very talented winger

Plus people need to understand as hard as it is, that life is not always made of maths , I mean It is not because there are people more talented and more efficient that he is getting paid less, because the whole process of free agency changes that completely !

It is a race between organizations that want to add the best player available this year to their roster, in that case it is Parisé so yeah some players are better than him but they are not free agents so take it as it is, he will be overpaid because of the pinciple of Offer / Demand :

low offer + very high demand = high prices

So as long as people will try to think the other way and compare Zach Parisé to some players that are not Free agents , it's a dead discussion and you people will never be able to agree with each other lol

It's just like you guys go to attend auctions and complain about the prices going high , don't you think you'd sound ridiculous ? the Commissioner would probably tell you :

" These are auctions, if you don't like the principle of it , just don't come here instead of wasting our time "

Agree with this, if the team can afford it then why not spend it. Only thing i dont like is these front loaded contracts, that needs to be sorted out at the next CBA and hopefully they will have a maximum contract limit as well.

My guess, Parise will go to Pens and Suter Detroit.

#107 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

Man I couldn't be more happy if it happened but where did you read any of this ?

Just everything I read points to both Parise and Suter signing with the Wild. In fact I would be pretty surprised if they didn't. Happy, but surprised.

Here is one article I read recently: http://www.startribu...ssos_Rants.html

The dude who wrote the article has had a few tweets re tweeted by Darren Dreger so I dunno he might be legit...

Pierre LeBrun also just tweeted recently that he has heard that the dialogue between Parise and Suter has picked up significantly recently.

Edited by Nas19, 04 July 2012 - 08:16 AM.

#108 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,945 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

Hearing a lot of talk of both Suter and Parise ditching all the big markets and attention and instead joining the Wild.

Seems nuts. But the talk is there. Over and over again.

Good news is that a division re-alignment would see them out of our division. Bad news is that they would likely still view us as their main rival.

TOML
Posted Image

#109 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,945 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

Richards signed July 4th last year, didn't he?
Posted Image

#110 Not Alain Vigneault

Not Alain Vigneault

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,366 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

Richards signed July 4th last year, didn't he?

Nope July 2nd.

But everybody knew he was leaving Dallas three weeks before. His only choices were the Kings, Leafs, and obviously the Rangers. Slightly older and less term made it easier for him to decide.

Forgot your TOML.

#111 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,945 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

No i didn't. See post above my last one, which was made seconds before. Cheers.

TOML (Jesus Christ you guys are going to miss this.)
Posted Image

#112 Gz

Gz

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

Penguins WILL NOT be signing Parise.

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun
From HHOF reporter RT @MolinariPG: Pittsburgh is OFFICIALLY OUT on Zach Parise. He will not be joining the Penguins.

Sighs of relief all across the league.

Edited by Gz, 04 July 2012 - 09:10 AM.

totally agree although i wouldnt have minded jvr in a 3 way.

Context, people, context.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.