Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Luongo on the fox

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
325 replies to this topic

#301 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

Management made the choice to jettison Luo.Specifically,Gillis.

A no-trade clause requires a player's consent before a trade involving that player is made. If a player has a no-movement clause, the player cannot be traded, waived, or sent down to the minors without that player's approval.

It was probably AV's choice to go with Cory in the third game that ultimately decided the future for Roberto.

#302 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Management can't waive Lou's ntc. Lou can. So who made the choice?

Good point.

Management can only hope a player co-operates since they do have the final say. I remember a few years ago when a similar problem occurred between the Leafs and Sundin.

#303 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

Good point.

Management can only hope a player co-operates since they do have the final say. I remember a few years ago when a similar problem occurred between the Leafs and Sundin.

I thougt I would mention I am cracking up at your user name. Lol.

"Red Light" Racicot

lulz
Posted Image

#304 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

Management made the choice to jettison Luo.Specifically,Gillis.

A no-trade clause requires a player's consent before a trade involving that player is made. If a player has a no-movement clause, the player cannot be traded, waived, or sent down to the minors without that player's approval.

.....This is quite true,but Lou being the class act he is,said he would do whatever is good for the team.All the while knowing he was being stabbed in the back by management.

#305 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

Which one, the one got 47 regular season wins a few years ago or the one that inevitably chokes at some point in the playoffs ?
Sorry just sayin.......everyones looking for that grand prize right.

The team in front of him choked just as hard as he did.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#306 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

The team in front of him choked just as hard as he did.

People seem to think it's NOT a team game.
Posted Image

#307 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

.....This is quite true,but Lou being the class act he is,said he would do whatever is good for the team.All the while knowing he was being stabbed in the back by management.

I don't get what you mean by "stabbed in the back." How did they stab him in the back? From Schneider being on the rise to stardom?
This thread was really just a figment of your imagination...

#308 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,503 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:09 AM

It was probably AV's choice to go with Cory in the third game that ultimately decided the future for Roberto.

Yeah,you are probably right.

However, if you go back and look at the footage and hear what was said by AV and how he was saying it when the decision was made for big game 5 it is evident that that was the 'no going back' point.

Luo went 0 for 2 with no Daniel in the lineup.

Cory went 1 for 3 with Daniel in the lineup for two games.

Upon Daniel's return Corey got the W and the team tallied their only win of the series.

The team needed a second line and it was MIA.

Edited by nuck nit, 09 July 2012 - 04:35 AM.

#309 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,503 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

"I don't get what you mean by "stabbed in the back." How did they stab him in the back? From Schneider being on the rise to stardom?" The Lock

One losing playoff appearance is hardly a rise to stardom.

Edited by nuck nit, 09 July 2012 - 04:37 AM.

#310 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,503 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

DDP

Edited by nuck nit, 09 July 2012 - 02:19 AM.

#311 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,503 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:19 AM

Actually,Gillis blew it big time.
The series was lost.
Kes was a bag of bananas and Danny should not have been playing ,whatsoever.
It can be argued that the Canucks placed Daniel in jeopardy by playing him,relying on him to get the team out of a hole there was no coming out of ,anyways.

Without a second line center man or a winger he could play with this team was going nowhere.Did they not have a clue Kesler sucked since January and he is the ace in the hole that can change games and even series?

Why in the world would you pick that moment to throw the franchise's goaltender?

Start Luo.It was his to lose.Now,Gillis has to squirm himself out an equitable deal for Luo.

#312 YTP

YTP

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:30 AM

I like to think on the bright (and hopeful) side...

To me, the bright side is Gillis and Luongo talking things out and Lu staying this season.

Luongo and Schneider battle it out between hot and cold.
Canucks end up near (or topping) 2010/11's record-breaking regular season, and push Canucks back into cup contenders.

I realize in doing that, we will commit the most salary (correct if wrong) to goaltending in the NHL.
However, we may also create the absolute best goaltending team in the NHL.
What's more, we still have nearly 10 million (please correct if wrong) in cap space for smart spending.

Between Schneider and Luongo, a cup would sweep all differences aside.
If Luongo wants to be the best, like he always claims he does, he would go for the Cup.
Let's be honest here, the Panthers and Leafs aren't going to give him that chance anytime soon.
He would fight Cory for the job and attempt to show the youngster that he still has game.
Cory's already signed and if he doesn't start, he's not the type to whine or pout.

In winning a cup, Luongo would prove to himself and everyone else that he is an undisputed winner.
He would instantly earn his place in the Hockey Hall of Fame. I think he can do it, too.

If Luongo can man up, pump his own tires, and lead Vancouver back to tops in goaltending, I think we have an equal or better chance than 2010/11 to win the Cup.

Again, just my bright (and hopeful) side...
Posted Image

#313 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

At this point the projection is he'll rise to stardom. I'm waiting for why the other guy thinks Luongo got "stabbed in the back".

Edited by The Lock, 09 July 2012 - 09:28 AM.

This thread was really just a figment of your imagination...

#314 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,749 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

Luo went 0 for 2 with no Daniel in the lineup.

Cory went 1 for 3 with Daniel in the lineup for two games.

Upon Daniel's return Corey got the W and the team tallied their only win of the series.

Since we're talking about goaltending here, this is what matters:

Vancouver scored 2 goals in each of the first two games. Since Lu let in 3 and then 4, we lost. All 3 games Cory played, he only allowed 1 goal in regulation. Hence, with Schneider's better goaltending, we may have won at least one of those games, and not been in deep so quickly.

Schneider has been outplaying Lu all year - not because Lu is anything less than great, but simply because Cory is freakin outstanding.
Posted Image

#315 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

The same management that gave the man tens of millions of dollars, guaranteed? I'll take that kind of back stabbing any day.

#316 Weslok

Weslok

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

He has a NTC not a NMC (according to Cap Geek)

He'll be in the minors to clear up cap space if he becomes too difficult.

Can't send a player with a no movement anywhere without that player waiving the clause... no minors for lou, no europe for lou... 5.3 million bench warmer.
Please don't attack other users in your sig.

#317 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,881 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

Schneider .960 S% & 1.31 GAA
Luongo .891 S% & 3.59 GAA

Who gave the team the better chance to win?
Posted Image

#318 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,881 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Can't send a player with a no movement anywhere without that player waiving the clause... no minors for lou, no europe for lou... 5.3 million bench warmer.

Do you have a reading problem? Lou doesn't have a no movement clause, he has a no trade clause. Although it would be insanely stupid to put him through waivers and send him to the minors it could be done.
Posted Image

#319 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

Actually,Gillis blew it big time.
The series was lost.
Kes was a bag of bananas and Danny should not have been playing ,whatsoever.
It can be argued that the Canucks placed Daniel in jeopardy by playing him,relying on him to get the team out of a hole there was no coming out of ,anyways.

Without a second line center man or a winger he could play with this team was going nowhere.Did they not have a clue Kesler sucked since January and he is the ace in the hole that can change games and even series?

Why in the world would you pick that moment to throw the franchise's goaltender?

Start Luo.It was his to lose.Now,Gillis has to squirm himself out an equitable deal for Luo.

Exactly what I've been wondering since we were eliminated. Why the heck was this the right time to throw the face of your franchise for the previous 6 years and its all-time best goalie under the bus when they knew that given the condition of their two top forwards, the series was likely a lost cause anyways. Coming back with Lui in the last game would have left the team with all their options open, not only sparing Lui the embarrassment he didn't deserve, but likely also preserving his value in any deal and preventing the low balling crap from Burkie and Tallon that MG now has to deal with.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#320 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,503 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

Schneider .960 S% & 1.31 GAA
Luongo .891 S% & 3.59 GAA

Who gave the team the better chance to win?

Clearly,it was Daniel Sedin.

#321 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

The same management that gave the man tens of millions of dollars, guaranteed? I'll take that kind of back stabbing any day.

Very good point. I agree that Luo got thrown under the bus, but Schneider took the job from him and hes being paid so much money I cant cry too many tears.

I will forever be grateful for his service and wish him well.
Posted Image

#322 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

does this mean that we can turn on the schnider hate now, or do we have to wait for him to let a goal in first.
Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#323 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

Exactly what I've been wondering since we were eliminated. Why the heck was this the right time to throw the face of your franchise for the previous 6 years and its all-time best goalie under the bus when they knew that given the condition of their two top forwards, the series was likely a lost cause anyways. Coming back with Lui in the last game would have left the team with all their options open, not only sparing Lui the embarrassment he didn't deserve, but likely also preserving his value in any deal and preventing the low balling crap from Burkie and Tallon that MG now has to deal with.

wow..talk about optamistic

#324 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,881 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:57 AM

Clearly,it was Daniel Sedin.

Are you saying it was Daniel Sedin keeping the puck out of our net?
Posted Image

#325 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,515 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

does this mean that we can turn on the schnider hate now, or do we have to wait for him to let a goal in first.

I think to be fair we need to not turn on him until he has 3 years of playoff meltdowns, a bad attitude, and is consistently inconsistent. After all we should have as much patience as we did with Lou.

Edit: and one more thing, we should also wait until he says he doesn't play for the fans who pay him.

Edited by Nino, 10 July 2012 - 06:48 AM.

#326 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

http://www.lvrj.com/...-161691495.html

Article about Luongo in the World Series of Poker.

Poker helps take his mind off what has been a challenging offseason for Luongo after the top-seeded Canucks were ousted in the first round of the NHL's Stanley Cup playoffs by the eventual champion Los Angeles Kings in five games.

Luongo lost his starting role during the playoffs.

Based on his demotion, media outlets across Canada speculated about Luongo's potential trade to another team, maybe the Chicago Blackhawks or the Florida Panthers.

"It's been a tough a few weeks, but I'm pretty sure it's time to move on," Luongo said. "I've had a great six years in Vancouver. It's a wonderful city and I've really enjoyed my time there."

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.