The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows and Booth switch?

yogolol

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If the Canucks don't get a top 6 playmaking forward this offseason I think that Booth and Burrows should switch spots in the lineup to provide the second line with someone will pass the puck. Burrows, I think, would take the role as the "playmaker" on that second line and hopefully keep that line consistent. Of course this only works if Booth and the Sedins find chemistry together which is a bit of concern because Booth doesn't seem to play the cycle game that much but it's worth the try I think.

Burrows reads the Sedins much better but he lacks some of the power Booth brings to his game. Hopefully we can sign Doan to give us a real tough presence with the Sedins against the bigger teams. Whatever the combo is, we should stick with it or give a consistent rotation, because I'm tired of AV switching it up last minute and throwing unproven combinations in the most crucial games.

Burrows reads the Sedins much better but he lacks some of the power Booth brings to his game. Hopefully we can sign Doan to give us a real tough presence with the Sedins against the bigger teams. Whatever the combo is, we should stick with it or give a consistent rotation, because I'm tired of AV switching it up last minute and throwing unproven combinations in the most crucial games.

If we signed a right winger to play with the sedins id leave booth at 2nd line left wing (his normal position) and move burrows to 3rd line left wing, his natural position, and tbh the shutdown nature of our third line would work well with burrows there, but that leaves higgins the odd man out since he cant play right wing centre or 2nd or 4th lines. We could definitely use a positional shakeup to bring more balance.

Booth is not the type of player that works with the twins, he is a drive hard to the net and shoot without looking to pass. So will this work with the twin? No!!!!!! Ok so we ask booth to change his game to play the boards, dig for loose pucks, learn to pass and get to the dirty scoring areas so he will work with the twins. Or we could ask Lou to play center on the second line because Ryan is out and Cory took his job, why not if we are going to start asking players to change the game they have played there whole life why not Lou as well. Get over this booth with the twins idea, you want to take away a player that plays well with the twins and put a non passing power forward in his place????? Next.

Edit: the other 5 of you that said yes to this give your head a shake.

The Sedins really struggled with Burrows down the stretch last season. I know everyone thinks they're the best line in hockey, but Burrows just isn't showing that old-school chemistry with the twins anymore.

It's mostly because he isn't playing as well in front of the net, and Burrows is getting sucked into the cycle game too much when he should just simplify his game and plant himself in front of the net - this is what got him so much success in the first place.

Then we saw guys like Bitz, Hansen, Raymond and even Booth at times play on the top line and score goals IMMEDIATELY, there was instant success for all these guys playing with the Sedins because they kept it simple and stayed in front of the net instead of getting involved and mixed up with the cycle which leaves the net vacant.

I'd rather see Kassian or Bitz get a chance with the Sedins because of their size, but Booth has the hard-nosed approach and takes the puck harder to the net than Burrows. Also, he's a MUCH better finisher than Burrows is. Not disrespecting Burrows, but if he can score 28 goals consistently with the twins, Booth can easily put up 35-40 if he was given the same opportunity.

The Sedins really struggled with Burrows down the stretch last season. I know everyone thinks they're the best line in hockey, but Burrows just isn't showing that old-school chemistry with the twins anymore.

It's mostly because he isn't playing as well in front of the net, and Burrows is getting sucked into the cycle game too much when he should just simplify his game and plant himself in front of the net - this is what got him so much success in the first place.

Then we saw guys like Bitz, Hansen, Raymond and even Booth at times play on the top line and score goals IMMEDIATELY, there was instant success for all these guys playing with the Sedins because they kept it simple and stayed in front of the net instead of getting involved and mixed up with the cycle which leaves the net vacant.

I'd rather see Kassian or Bitz get a chance with the Sedins because of their size, but Booth has the hard-nosed approach and takes the puck harder to the net than Burrows. Also, he's a MUCH better finisher than Burrows is. Not disrespecting Burrows, but if he can score 28 goals consistently with the twins, Booth can easily put up 35-40 if he was given the same opportunity.

Show me the stats where Booth scored more than a goal in 10+ games playing with the Sedins. Show me them, right now. I know he didn't get a single goal playing with them in the Playoffs, don't really remember them playing together in the regular season.

It's so easy to go into a random thread nowadays and find another one of your clueless posts.

EDIT: Anaheim won the President's last year, right? :lol:

his shot, his size and forechecking could prove to be an upgrade over Burr, plus his speed adds another element that could allow him to be like a Wide Receiver for Hank to bomb the puck do for breakaways in case David is already ahead of the play.

They (1st line) were doing okay in the regular season. If Kesler was playing healthy in the playoffs we would have had our secondary scoring I think... anyway, I don't think the Sedin/Sedin/Burrows line needs to be broken up. We just need better secondary scoring so the opposing team doesn't only have to just shut down our top line. So hopefully with Kesler healthy and perhaps a new top 6 forward in there, our problem will be solved.

Booth is not the type of player that works with the twins, he is a drive hard to the net and shoot without looking to pass. So will this work with the twin? No!!!!!! Ok so we ask booth to change his game to play the boards, dig for loose pucks, learn to pass and get to the dirty scoring areas so he will work with the twins. Or we could ask Lou to play center on the second line because Ryan is out and Cory took his job, why not if we are going to start asking players to change the game they have played there whole life why not Lou as well. Get over this booth with the twins idea, you want to take away a player that plays well with the twins and put a non passing power forward in his place????? Next.

Edit: the other 5 of you that said yes to this give your head a shake.

Archived