Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] Shane Doan's agent said the Canucks are one of the teams.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
807 replies to this topic

#601 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:49 AM

Not neccesarily. It also helps to reduce the cap hit anyway if the player is not intending to play those years. If Doan will only play 3 more years than a 8,8,5,3,1 will still pay him 21 mil (3 years at $7 mil avg) where as the cap hit is only $5 mil. If Doan still feels like playing in those last years he will probably be making what he's worth by then.

It's not cap relief if you end up paying 5 mill in cap space for a guy who doesn't dress for your team. It's borrowing against your future. It wouldn't fit the Canucks model of staying competitive every year.

no Gillis has learned from his mistakes a player that old will only accept a 1 year 10 mill contract.

It was known that Sundin didn't want a multi year deal. It was an attention grabber, and it served it's purpose.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#602 arsenalian

arsenalian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:49 AM

What about who cares it funny to read is so difficult for you to understand? I enjoy posting his stuff because its mainly just what people want to hear plus when his "sources" turn out wrong the people who believe him will see proof hes an idiot CDCer with twitter

Go to his twitter and read it then, stop posting his crap here. Seriously 1/2 this thread is people posting this guys crap, and people complaining about it. Come on mods if you're going to have invalid sources, then enforce it please

#603 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

All the stuff youre posting is FOUR-NOTHING

Oh you mean the same FOUR-NOTHING score the Canucks lost in game 7.

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#604 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

Go to his twitter and read it then, stop posting his crap here. Seriously 1/2 this thread is people posting this guys crap, and people complaining about it. Come on mods if you're going to have invalid sources, then enforce it please

Rules state you can't start a new thread with what's considered an invalid source. It says nothing about posting one in a thread that's already been started.

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

#605 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

Mobile
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#606 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

What about who cares it funny to read is so difficult for you to understand?  I enjoy posting his stuff because its mainly just what people want to hear plus when his "sources" turn out wrong the people who believe him will see proof hes an idiot CDCer with twitter

Why don't you read the board rules before you make yourself look stupid. Pinned thread:
http://forum.canucks...nvalid-sources/
Who cares?  Maybe the mods care! Maybe those of us on this forum that don't want to see these boards get clogged up by the likes of people like you who don't give a fat rats a$$ and continue posting garbage from this INVALID source care.

Edited by MJDDawg, 16 July 2012 - 09:18 AM.

4X5ed5z.gif

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#607 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

<p>

Rules state you can't start a new thread with what's considered an invalid source. It says nothing about posting one in a thread that's already been started.

That's not what the pinned thread on invalid sources says:

Edited by MJDDawg, 16 July 2012 - 09:22 AM.

4X5ed5z.gif

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#608 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

<p>

I'd rather read an invalid source than listen to you complain through this whole thread. Nothing personal, just saying.

#609 parhar87

parhar87

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

Oh you mean the same FOUR-NOTHING score the Canucks lost in game 7.

Woah!!! To far man!

#610 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

<p>

"These are considered invalid sources, therefore please don't use them as 'sources'. Threads will be locked if the source is one of these."

I interpret this as you can't start a thread with an invalid source. why would mods delete a thread started with source from say Bob McKenzie and lock it if I posted a HockeyyInsiderr tweet?

Does anyone actually know what rumour actually means? jeez. A RUMOUR of any kind can really be started by anyone.

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

#611 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

Woah!!! To far man!

Sorry, but being Italian, I'm not letting someone rub that 4-0 score in any Italian's face.

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

#612 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

"These are considered invalid sources, therefore please don't use them as 'sources'. Threads will be locked if the source is one of these."

I interpret this as you can't start a thread with an invalid source. why would mods delete a thread started with source from say Bob McKenzie and lock it if I posted a HockeyyInsiderr tweet?

Does anyone actually know what rumour actually means? jeez. A RUMOUR of any kind can really be started by anyone.

Yes, but the source of the rumour determines whether it has any substance to it.

Any 13 year old with nothing better to do can start a rumour on the internet, and most of us are not interested in reading rumours started by one.

Imagine what this board would be like if that were allowed. Samjam would be posting threads every minute with new rumours from his "sources."

#613 arsenalian

arsenalian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

It's a clown move bro

Edited by arsenalian, 16 July 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#614 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

It was known that Sundin didn't want a multi year deal. It was an attention grabber, and it served it's purpose.

calm down man it was a joke do you actually think think doan is going to be offered that much money by the canucks

#615 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

HockeyyInsiderr just tweeted

HockeyyInsiderr

BREAKING NEWS: #SJSharks contacted Doan's agent this morning upping their bid in a MAJOR way> matching #Canucks 6M per but adding more term

HockeyyInsiderr

OFFER ON THE TABLE for Doan from #SJSharks 4 years 24M$. #Coyotes #Canucks need to step it up. #NHLJets still have BEST offer right now.

Edited by Mr Soprano, 16 July 2012 - 10:47 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

#616 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

:bored:
Posted Image

#617 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

HockeyyInsiderr just tweeted

HockeyyInsiderr

BREAKING NEWS: #SJSharks contacted Doan's agent this morning upping their bid in a MAJOR way> matching #Canucks 6M per but adding more term

HockeyyInsiderr

OFFER ON THE TABLE for Doan from #SJSharks 4 years 24M$. #Coyotes #Canucks need to step it up. #NHLJets still have BEST offer right now.

not buying this sh1t at all.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck The Sig lord

ezgif-714024022.gif

#618 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

Pfft... let them handicap themselves long term then. At this rate I almost wouldn't mind seeing Doan sign elsewhere with these ridiculous terms.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#619 Not A Fruit

Not A Fruit

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

As much as I would love to have Doan, don't think it will happen :( Although if he doesn't resign with the Coyotes we probably will get him
Posted Image
Special Thanks to Twilight Sparkle ^

#620 SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

Thought there was supposed to be some decision re Doan - Coyotes today? Yes? No?

:)

#621 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

All the stuff youre posting is FOUR-NOTHING

Aren't you funny. I didn't realise this was the comedy network. At least Italy made it to the end, smart a**.

#622 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

Thought there was supposed to be some decision re Doan - Coyotes today? Yes? No?

:)

I don't believe there is a timetable anymore.

#623 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

As much as I would love to have Doan, don't think it will happen :( Although if he doesn't resign with the Coyotes we probably will get him

That's my feelings exact.

#624 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

With the path for the PHX ownership to be solidified, being paved recently, I don't see much likelihood of Doan signing anywhere else. I see a 4 year deal worth $4-$5 million keeping Doan in PHX.

It would have been great to have him here...but I think it was, like the acquisition of almost any prized UFA by Canuck fans, a pleasant dream and distraction in what seems like an infinitely long off-season.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#625 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,949 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

So the Coyotes let Whitney walk and replaced him with a smaller over the hill guy. And then signed David Moss...

How exactly does Doan think he has a chance at winning thee cup there?

Smith couldn't have been much better, and that wasn't enough. Don't waste away your final years in Phoenix!

Edited by DeNiro, 16 July 2012 - 11:43 AM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#626 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

Pfft... let them handicap themselves long term then. At this rate I almost wouldn't mind seeing Doan sign elsewhere with these ridiculous terms.

I don't care as much for the long term since its all about winning a cup for this franchise. If we win a cup with Doan making 6 mill, its well worth it.
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#627 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

So the Coyotes let Whitney walk and replaced him with a smaller over the hill guy. And then signed David Moss...

How exactly does Doan think he has a chance at winning thee cup there?

Smith couldn't have been much better, and that wasn't enough. Don't waste away your final years in Phoenix!

I think the reports are about wanting to stay with his family being the primary reason for not really wanting to go elsewhere. But I agree, they had a shot last year, and they won't get another one with the team this year....so why not, as a hockey player go somewhere for a couple of years and try to win what you've been playing the game to win essentially your whole life up to this point? I respect his loyalty to the team and franchise, but he doesn't owe them anything anymore....he's done everything he can to sell the game, tickets, merchandise, etc there......, i'd have to ask Doan, what about your loyalty to one's own dream to attain the highest achievement in hockey?

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#628 Bieksa's Quote

Bieksa's Quote

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

I think the reports are about wanting to stay with his family being the primary reason for not really wanting to go elsewhere. But I agree, they had a shot last year, and they won't get another one with the team this year....so why not, as a hockey player go somewhere for a couple of years and try to win what you've been playing the game to win essentially your whole life up to this point? I respect his loyalty to the team and franchise, but he doesn't owe them anything anymore....he's done everything he can to sell the game, tickets, merchandise, etc there......, i'd have to ask Doan, what about your loyalty to one's own dream to attain the highest achievement in hockey?

You've got to respect his selflessness though. If he cares that much about his team, it shows what a great guy he is.

Visit my new Hockey Blog: Five for Roughing!

5ADBI4.jpg

fiveforroughing.wordpress.com

#629 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,949 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

Yea, at a certain point a player has to do what's best for themselves. He's done all he can for that franchise, but the bottom line is it's still gonna fail. They're just delaying the inevitable.

Sometimes a player only gets one shot at a cup in their careers, and this could be his. I understand him wanting to do what's best for his family, but I'm sure they would understand him wanting to go somewhere else in order to have a good chance at a cup.

Plus his number will get retired either way, I think that's pretty obvious. But the thing is, the Coyotes probably won't even be there by the time that happens, so does it really mean anything at this point?

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#630 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

Would love this guy but he is not worth 6mil a season for 4 years.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.