The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Might found out as early as today whether Doan stays in Phoenix or goes

Injured hip and separated shoulder AND playing despite such injuries is in fact very stupid and selfish. Hodgson was right and could have taken Kesler's place while Kesler heals for the playoffs and then turn on beast mode. But no. Kesler is a selfish player who's in for himself and is starting to have a track record for diving and a ba attitude.

See, I personally don't buy that argument. Think of it, how much time do you think players REALLY have during the season to be able to go all the way up to Kelowna enough for it to be the deciding factor between taking 5 mill somewhere else and taking 3 mill here? Sure, the cup contention thing is definately a big factor too, but it's not like the wife lives in Coquitlam or Surrey where he can easily get there in 20-30 minutes after a game or on a day off. Kelowna is still a heck of a trip, might even take less time to fly from Phoenix to Kelowna than drive from Vancouver to Kelowna

I figured we were out of the running on money issues too, but then i thought, wait a tick: we are going to clearly nudge up to the cap again and then put Kesler on LTIR if we offer Doan 5m and kesler is out for October, November and half December then when Kesler comes back we aren't 5mil over the cap,...but we will have to come back to cap compliance. BUT October, November and Half of December are 71 days, say, of the 187ish day long season, or 38% of it. To put that simpler, when the cap relief comes off as kesler is back, we would then be on the hook for 62% of 5m of Doans contract to count against the cap. or 3.1m VOILA see what i did there? It was my mistake too till I thought on it overnight, lol.

We in theory have room for Doan assuming Kesler mises 60 -80 days of hockey and the team nudges right up to the cap and places Kes on LTIR.

I figured we were out of the running on money issues too, but then i thought, wait a tick: we are going to clearly nudge up to the cap again and then put Kesler on LTIR if we offer Doan 5m and kesler is out for October, November and half December then when Kesler comes back we aren't 5mil over the cap,...but we will have to come back to cap compliance. BUT October, November and Half of December are 71 days, say, of the 187ish day long season, or 38% of it. To put that simpler, when the cap relief comes off as kesler is back, we would then be on the hook for 62% of 5m of Doans contract to count against the cap. or 3.1m VOILA see what i did there? It was my mistake too till I thought on it overnight, lol.

We in theory have room for Doan assuming Kesler mises 60 -80 days of hockey and the team nudges right up to the cap and places Kes on LTIR.

According to HockeyyInsiderr Canucks are one of the final 6 teams in on Doan:

“@HockeyyInsiderr: In the East we have #Pens #Habs and #Canes. In the West we have #DallasStars #SJSharks and #Canucks. #DoanSweepstakes”

Botchford also said that he would like to be on a contending team, so I guess we can knock off Habs, Stars and Canes off that list.

According to HockeyyInsiderr Canucks are one of the final 6 teams in on Doan:

“@HockeyyInsiderr: In the East we have #Pens #Habs and #Canes. In the West we have #DallasStars #SJSharks and #Canucks. #DoanSweepstakes”

Botchford also said that he would like to be on a contending team, so I guess we can knock off Habs, Stars and Canes off that list.

Doan @ 5 mil for 3 or 4 years is less risk than Nash, Parise, or Lecavalier at their salary and term.

If that's what he wants, that's what we offer. Otherwise we go through another season without addressing our second line.

Archived