The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Well, if the rumours are true, the teams that Doan would sign with are the Penguins, Rangers, Canucks, and Coyotes... I'm sure that every one of those teams are contenders. I think that the fact that he has family in BC will help his decision a bit.

At the same time, he'd fight perfectly in Pittsburgh along with two already superstars.

At the same time, who wouldn't want to play in the Big Apple?

At the same time, why would he leave the franchise he's played for his entire career?

So, the balls are in his court - tough decision.

Someone on the HF boards said that he knows someone in the Canucks organization and he mentioned that he heard some rumblings about MG and company on getting a deal done for Doan before Friday, and also something about Ballard going to Philly? I guess they could be making room for Shane by getting rid of KB me thinks IF this all is true of course.

Wonder if legacy factors into his decision?

If he came here and helped deliver the Cup he'd be enshrined in lore...

Doan be a hero to so many here

then again players don't need a job after their playing days like they used to.

this is reminding me of our Women’s Soccer team in London...

seem to have it all to win.... then at the last moment

thought Schultz was coming here...

thought we get a shot at Weber next year.....

c'mon MG

Someone on the HF boards said that he knows someone in the Canucks organization and he mentioned that he heard some rumblings about MG and company on getting a deal done for Doan before Friday, and also something about Ballard going to Philly? I guess they could be making room for Shane by getting rid of KB me thinks IF this all is true of course.

Thanks for remaining so mature and not condescending or childish at all... I'm glad when we can all join in on intelligent discussion of a given subject.

The current market is inflated due to supply and demand. Hence my clarifying/differentiating what he's likely to get paid and what he'd "normally" be worth, again... IMO.

My point was that I'd be ok with "over-paying" what he should normally get (~$5m +/- IMO) to say $5.5m-$6.5m (depending on term - shorter term = higher money) to retain his services. Beyond those dollars, I believe that puts his services passed a value which the Canucks would be wise to offer. I still believe that given those amounts we can make a competitive offer based on the other attributes of the team, city, ownership etc. It won't be the highest offer but it will by no means be a bad one.

Beyond that, it's up to Doan and his family to make a decision.

Long time cdc'r., virgin poster.Just wondering, I was browsing Pens boards for rumours,info n stuff. And they seem to think Raymond would be a good fit for them., So I was wondering who you guys think would be a fit from the Pens?

And my point is: there is no "pure true" value of the player (any!). For different teams, in different circumstances the value might vary in very wide interval. So I can not help, but smiling, looking at numerous attempts to claim finding of philosophical stone ...

Of course, I agree that current market is indeed inflated. But by how much? Even you using margin 10-30%. Now imagine that your estimate on "true value" is off by 10-30% too. Then you will get my numbers. And still we both will be just pretending to be an experts.

Long time cdc'r., virgin poster.Just wondering, I was browsing Pens boards for rumours,info n stuff. And they seem to think Raymond would be a good fit for them., So I was wondering who you guys think would be a fit from the Pens?

Archived