The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Shea Weber to Flyers (OFFERSHEET)

How do you know that Gillis never talked to Weber? For all you know, Weber told Gillis that he wasn't interested in playing with the Canucks... yet you still go ahead and throw MG under the bus.

So all Poille gets for Suter and Webber are four late 1st picks currently respectively 14,15,16, and 17 years old. A classic fail.

Oh well, easy come, easy go.

Nashville is finished, as is Poille.

Go north, I hope a Canadian predator pulls that team from Tennesee.

LOL, it makes me laugh at all the stupidity in this thread.

So, Gillis is a moron because he didn't sign Weber to the same offer sheet?

You guys assume Weber WANTED TO COME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Gillis can offer all he wants, but if Shea doesn't sign the offer sheet, it's still a no-go.

This isn't NHL12, lol. Trades don't happen just because you want it to happen and you have the assets available. It's just not that simple, especially when it comes to free agents. Truthfully I never thought Weber had any intention of coming here.

The long contracts are only bad for the lower revenue teams.

If the high rev teams like the canucks, leafs took advantage of this edge they would be better for it.

Good on the flyers for going for it. Altho I hate them with a passion.

Coyotes got to the conference finals w/ a mid to lower payroll team.. NHL is a league where you can do that. If you get a hot goalie then the sky's the limit... If you get Bryz or Flower type performances, it doesn't matter how much you spend to put in front of it...

NBA, if you don't have the top you can't win... That's why no #8 is ever going to sniff a title in the nba.

I'm sorry to let you know that Philly didn't trade for Weber either. They signed Weber to an offer sheet, which NSH has the right to match.

For all we know Weber will be a Predator for life as of tomorrow morning.

How many times are teams going to select a Shea Weber in the 2nd round of the draft? Not happening too often.

JVR has been traded away to TML and Couturier was a top 10 draft pick, it was a pick they got from CBJ in return for Carter.

Philly will not be finishing as one of the worst 10 teams in the league over the next 10 years with or without Weber. The picks will be anywhere from 25 to 30. I do that deal in a heart beat for Shea Weber.

Here is what Chris Pronger fetched as a post 30 year old Dman who was just getting past his prime. You think Weber at 26 and just hitting his prime isn't worth more? If so I respectfully disagree with your hockey knowledge. link attached.

The Anaheim Ducks have traded defenceman Chris Pronger and forwardRyan Dingle to the Philadelphia Flyers for defenceman Luca Sbisa, forwardJoffrey Lupul, two first-round picks and a conditional third-round pick

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282981

Archived