Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WeatherWise

"Man of Steel" (July 2013), Produced by Christopher Nolan; The Official Superman Reboot Thread *NEW TRAILER*

74 posts in this topic

Disagree. I was one of the few supporters on here at the time, but I enjoyed it top to bottom. I still have the soundtrack in my truck.

Cant we get a Flash movie?

Hate Spiderman movies, could care less, just me.

Superman was way cooler when all he could do is leap tall buildings in a single bound, and was faster than a speeding bullet.

And of course punch laser beams! ;)

Superman is a difficult superhero for me to like because he lacks famous adversaries. Spiderman has Doctor Octopus, Venom, etc...Batman has the Joker, Two-Face, etc...the only two Superman villains I know are General Zod and Lex Luthor (who both seem boring) and Doomsday. Never could watch the Christopher Reeves movies...they also seemed...boring. I did like Smallville though!

But I have to say, the trailer for the reboot looks very intriguing. It seems that the dark and gritty style of the Nolan trilogy has spilled over into Snyder's take on Superman.

Very skeptical about this one. Even with Nolan's involvement, I'm worried due to Snyder's track record. His releases have been getting steadily worse. Dawn of the Dead = Great, 300 = Gread, Watchmen = Average, Sucker Punch = Awful, Owl Movie = Barf.

Next year will be busy for blockbuster films. Thor: The Dark World, Iron Man 3, and 20th Century Fox's The Wolverine are all expected to be released in 2013. Additional films that summer include the next J. J. Abrams Star Trek film, a 300 sequel, and RoboCop.

Superman needs a good Lois lane... Could they at least cast a witty dark haired one this time instead of amy Adams??? Kate bosworth last movie was barf

Very skeptical about this one. Even with Nolan's involvement, I'm worried due to Snyder's track record. His releases have been getting steadily worse. Dawn of the Dead = Great, 300 = Gread, Watchmen = Average, Sucker Punch = Awful, Owl Movie = Barf.

I am certain they'll want to take their time with it and make sure they get everything right. 2011's Green Lantern, for example, was a complete mess. I have been hoping Warner Bros. would consider an Aquaman film, but there have been no plans as of yet.

I absolutely agree. DC's superheroes need to look spectacular on screen. If they aren't yet able to achieve the magnificent visuals required to amaze the audience, they really should wait until they can.

Certain characters have incredibly similar counterparts in the Marvel universe, though. DC had better hope Marvel doesn't produce a Namor the Submariner film first.

There are many potential on-screen supervillains within the Superman mythology. Metallo, Conduit, Darkseid, Parasite, and perhaps even the Intergang could be featured in this rebooted franchise. I would reckon the villains should not be the only challenges Superman must face, however. I feel more focus should be placed on the storytelling and the film's dramatic elements, rather than merely the character's heroic feats.

Everybody is aware he is virtually invincible and can prevent even the greatest disasters. One way to make him vulnerable and complex would be to have him fail to save lives and watch as the city around him crumbles. As a man learning to become a city's hero, he needs to be faced with difficult decisions and moral challenges.

Superman needs a good Lois lane... Could they at least cast a witty dark haired one this time instead of amy Adams??? Kate bosworth last movie was barf

Any chance of a Superfriends movie?

Should I give it 20 years?

The previous films certainly popularized Zod and Lex Luthor, though there are certainly a few other tremendous villains to choose from. Luthor, as Superman's arch-nemesis, is very likely to appear in a sequel. Darkseid, perhaps Superman's most powerful adversary, could also appear in a sequel.

Darkseidgeogreperez.jpgFc-04_darkseid.jpg

Superman's villains generally originate from other worlds. If Warner Bros. truly want to challenge their protagonist's capabilities, the villains would have to be on the same scale as the Avengers' opponents. Superman would have to become the guardian of the Earth rather than merely the savior of Metropolis; this does not include, however, saving the planet from giant boulders.

One of the problems with Superman Returns was that the character's greatest enemy in the film was a rock.

Are those two omegas/horseshoes on his hands supposed to read 'DC'?

A little subliminal advertising?

You rate 300 over Watchmen? Are you insane?