The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Well if that's your point than you have nothing to worry about because you and KofES never really agreed. KofES has stated that Gillis is being spanked by Luongo and Luongo is publicly out there demanding/requesting a trade and that it's all Gillis fault.

There is a world of difference I think between what you're saying here now and claiming that there is a rift between Gillis and Luongo and that Luongo is embarrassing Gillis but publicly going out and requesting to be traded from the Canucks.

Here... /topic/335000-do-you-honestly-believe-we-improved-enough/page__st__180">http://forum.canucks...h/page__st__180 The fun starts around post #93 imo. Post 181 is pretty telling of what KofES conclusion first assumption to fit the conclusion strategy is as well as a pretty clear implication that KofES wants the Canucks to fail.

Once the season starts and florida starts losing and realising it was just a fluke season last year, they'll come calling the canucks with an offer Gillis will like.

Also, Toronto will start losing as usual and Burkie will start feeling the heat from the fans/ownership. He'll cave in as well if he doesn't want to get fired.

Most Eastern teams looks stronger this upcoming season. And I got Washington winning back their division.

Once the season starts and florida starts losing and realising it was just a fluke season last year, they'll come calling the canucks with an offer Gillis will like.

Also, Toronto will start losing as usual and Burkie will start feeling the heat from the fans/ownership. He'll cave in as well if he doesn't want to get fired.

Most Eastern teams looks stronger this upcoming season. And I got Washington winning back their division.

If teams start losing games to the lockout (avg 14 per month), GM's will be facing enormous pressure in a shortened season.

Over a larger sample size (82 games), teams can afford to have ebs and flows while still making the playoffs. Over 82 games, the contenders can be weened out from the pretenders.

But, over a smaller sample size like 45 games - anything is possible. A team like the Islanders could go on a hot streak and make the playoffs. Last yr, the Minnesotta Wild were the top team in the league after 45 or so games. After 20 or so games, the Bruins/Canucks were at the bottom of the league. It will be the wild west/east during a shortened season.

Teams who need to make the playoffs cause of market pressure or $$ reasons, are going to be desperate. GM's will likely be armed with more $$ from CBA, and be lining up available commodities like Luongo. I think a lot of teams will be showing up at Gillis's doorstep.

A shortened season changes everything, but where you think it makes him more tradable and valuabe, I feel he is more of a risk in a shortened season. Lu will have a longer than usual layoff and normally doesn't hit top form for a couple months or until december. If Lu was to struggle for 2 months that will be 1/2 the season if they start sometime in december.

A shortened season changes everything, but where you think it makes him more tradable and valuabe, I feel he is more of a risk in a shortened season. Lu will have a longer than usual layoff and normally doesn't hit top form for a couple months or until december. If Lu was to struggle for 2 months that will be 1/2 the season if they start sometime in december.

It is very difficult for any goalie to play well when playing only every 4th or 5th game. Every commentater talks about needing game action to get the feel for the puck and to get into a rhythym.

Hoping Lu at this stage of his career can be well enough prepared to get the odd game here and there is wishful thinking.

Interesting turn of events in Toronto with Allaire quitting as goalie coach. He was one of the few draws for Luongo to go to Toronto, so I think the possibility of him accepting a deal there is all but over unless he decides to expand his options. Ironically, I think it'll mean Toronto's goaltending will probably need more help as a result, so they might be looking more now for a veteran tender.

Francois Allaire quits Leafs: ‘I didn’t feel like I could do my job’

The guru is gone.

Goaltending consultant Francois Allaire has decided not to return to the Toronto Maple Leafs, citing a conflict with the coaching staff.

"To be honest, I don’t think the Leafs need a goalie coach," Allaire, whose contract expired at the end of the season, said in a phone interview on Monday. "I think they have enough of them. They have two or three guys who were making decisions with the goalies. In the NHL, that’s not the way it works.

"If that’s the way they want to operate, then I’m not there."

The Leafs finished with the second-worst goals-against average last season. The team was ranked 24th in 2010-11 and 29th in 2009-10. In three years in Toronto, seven different goaltenders have studied under one of the most accomplished coaches in the history of the game, but none have achieved the type of success that many expected.

Still, Allaire said general manager Brian Burke approached him at the end of the season to renew his contract, but he was not interested in returning, even though the coaching staff had changed. He officially announced his decision to the team on Friday.

"I didn’t feel like I could do my job last year," he said. "I wasn’t getting enough ice time. I wasn’t the only guy with [the goalies]. It’s not fair to the kids, not fair to me, not fair to anybody ... I didn’t feel like I could work in this situation."

Goaltender James Reimer agreed that there was some "behind the scenes" issues with the Leafs coaching situation last year that affected Allaire’s role.

It is very difficult for any goalie to play well when playing only every 4th or 5th game. Every commentater talks about needing game action to get the feel for the puck and to get into a rhythym.

Hoping Lu at this stage of his career can be well enough prepared to get the odd game here and there is wishful thinking.

There's no reason why a 50/50 split wouldn't work. That or a 60/40 split. Either way both goalies would be fresh for the playoffs.

We know Luongo or Schneider can win us games, they just have to make sure that both of them are okay with sharing the net.

Whoever`s playing better will get the start in the playoffs.

Interesting turn of events in Toronto with Allaire quitting as goalie coach. He was one of the few draws for Luongo to go to Toronto, so I think the possibility of him accepting a deal there is all but over unless he decides to expand his options. Ironically, I think it'll mean Toronto's goaltending will probably need more help as a result, so they might be looking more now for a veteran tender.

Francois Allaire quits Leafs: ‘I didn’t feel like I could do my job’

Archived