The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

i dont know how to quote your quote, elvis, but that is an outstanding story about the hell chemistry question... that guy should quit his chemistry deal and get a job writing for the daily show with jon stewart. he's got the perfect mind for it

With lui and Edler I could see a top pick or prospect, top 4 d, depth Dman and top 9 forward . Basically 2 players for 4

For example doesn't this look appealing?

To van: Franson, Gunnarson, colborne, Kulemin

To toronto: luongo, Edler, Raymond or cond pick?

Take Seabrook off Chicago and they become too small; one of our recent D problems.

Seabrook will not be traded by Chicago unless they recover another big D. Exactly why we need someone like him back if we give up Edler. I like that you are attending to our needs; but the deal will not go down for that reason!

Take out Edler, Gunnarsson and Franson and Luongo could probably get that on his own. I think this would be more appealing

To Vancouver: Johan Franzen + 2013 1st

To Detroit: Alex Edler + Keith Ballard

Edler gives Detroit that 'Lidstrom replacement', and Ballard solidifys their D core

Edler - Kronwall

Ballard - Ericsson

Quincey - Smith

then

To Vancouver: Brent Seabrook

To Chicago: Roberto Luongo + Mason Raymond + 2013 2nd

Sedin - Sedin - Franzen (this would be an epic line in the playoffs)

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian

Volpatti - Malhotra - Hansen

Hamhuis - Seabrook

Bieksa - Garrison

Connauton - Tanev

Schneider

Lack

Franzen is interesting, although he has a lifetime contract as well - 8 more years at 4 million cap hit. (expires when he is 40, salary starts dipping at 37/8)... Wouldn't give up Edler for him though, and wouldn't want to see Edler in Detroit. Let the hole in the blueline remain, or fill it with a Leaf.

To Van - Franzen

To Toronto - Luongo

To Detroit - too bad the Leafs blueline is so pathetic...can't see Holland finding what he wants there. :lol:

With lui and Edler I could see a top pick or prospect, top 4 d, depth Dman and top 9 forward . Basically 2 players for 4

For example doesn't this look appealing?

To van: Franson, Gunnarson, colborne, Kulemin

To toronto: luongo, Edler, Raymond or cond pick?

Tweets from Botch today:

@taj1944 @samjam99 thanks for clarifying, and for the record I have TO, chi and a mystery team who arrived late to the party

@botchford who is this mystery team? San Jose? Anahiem? Edmonton? Am I close?

@CanuckleSmith can't say I'm 100% sure but one of those would be a good guess

Says right now, TO/Chi/Mystery are the teams involved. Wonder who mystery team is?

Other read: http://www.bergerbytes.ca/2012/09/burke-not-content-with-leafs/

TORONTO (Sep. 20) – For Brian Burke, the summer of 2012 has been all about tempering expectation. The Maple Leafs’ general manager made a couple of modest additions and suggested – rather strongly – that no further altering will be done.

That isn’t so, according to an Eastern Conference rival.

“From my standpoint, Brian is poised to make at least one prime acquisition… possibly two,” said the fellow executive. “I think – like many of us – he is waiting to see the lay of the land once a new Collective Bargaining Agreement is in place. He’s been very involved in trying to improve his goaltending and I can tell you that he’s determined to add a big player up front. I’ll be quite surprised, as will many of my colleagues, if he goes into the next hockey season without a significant upgrade.”

Archived