The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lapierre in top shape!

406281dylan

People have to stop relegating kassian to 4th line duties, even gillis said look for him to have more of an impact next season, and from what has been said, it seems like he's training really hard. 21, huge, physical, major skill potential, the guy should be in the top 6 mix, at the very least top 9. Here's my ideal lineups

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian/Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Doan

Hansen - Lapierre - Burrows/Kassian

Higgins - Malhotra - Weise/Raymond

And that is without knowing what well receive for luongo and IF we sign Doan

People have to stop relegating kassian to 4th line duties, even gillis said look for him to have more of an impact next season, and from what has been said, it seems like he's training really hard. 21, huge, physical, major skill potential, the guy should be in the top 6 mix, at the very least top 9. Here's my ideal lineups

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian/Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Doan

Hansen - Lapierre - Burrows/Kassian

Higgins - Malhotra - Weise/Raymond

And that is without knowing what well receive for luongo and IF we sign Doan

Gillis is going after a big center. Weiss and Versteeg are too small neither breaking the six foot, two hundred pound barrier.

Colborne and Franson is the asking price from Toronto I'm thinking. Burke should wise up and pay.

Lapierre has always been golden.

Id like to see

sedin sedin doan

Booth Kesler Kassian

Burrows Malhotra Hansen - If malhotra has a good off season and can return to form after some proper recovery.

Higgins Lapierre weise(or other, im not a huge fan of weise)

If we trade lu for versteeg or similar right wing Id put versteeg or said rightwing in kassians spot, move kassian to 3rd hansen to 4th and weise to press box.

I've always like Lapierre...I just wished he would concentrate on playing hockey and stayed away from all the goofy stuff (though it sounds like he's making a concerted effort on this front). He was captain of the PEI Rockets, so he's got some leadership qualities that I think is trying to break out of him. A big, hard skating, hard checking Lapierre would be great to have.

Lapierre has a lot to play for in 2012-2013...a new contract, an opportunity for more responsibilities in the face of Kesler's early season absence, prove to the hockey world that he's more than a large-body agitator.

I'm pulling for Lapierre to be successful...if he's successful, then the team will be much better for it.

Archived