The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Hurricanes sign Alex Semin

Good deal for the Canes. Providing he stays injury free, look for him to rebound in a big way and hit that 100 point mark this year. He'll get some real PP time and won't be stuck behind the shadow of Ovi.

Rutherford just made his team a lot better without giving anything up.

He got Parise and Suter wrong and suddenly that means he gets most things wrong? Even then I could care less, at least he actually posts a ton of rumours to keep things interesting when most of the time he's right. Dreger and the other insiders just post signings when they happen or like 20 minutes before.

He got Parise and Suter wrong and suddenly that means he gets most things wrong? Even then I could care less, at least he actually posts a ton of rumours to keep things interesting when most of the time he's right. Dreger and the other insiders just post signings when they happen or like 20 minutes before. The odd rumour here and then. No disrespect to them, just my opinion.

I don't think it's a great signing at all. The guy is lazy and soft. Bad enough that some ex-teammates were willing to publicly throw him under the bus. Change may do Semin good but it also has the potential to derail the Canes room.

He's reported breaking Luongo news several times with no results.

He's also said several times (going back weeks) that Doan was going to sign soon.

I don't follow the guy, but I've seen enough stuff just on this site to know he isn't reliable.

I don't think it's a great signing at all. The guy is lazy and soft. Bad enough that some ex-teammates were willing to publicly throw him under the bus. Change may do Semin good but it also has the potential to derail the Canes room.

Glad the Canucks didn't waste our precious cap space on him, too much of a risk for us. He's not exactly a heart and soul player. For a team like Carolina with more room to play with, they can afford to take a risk on him. 7 mil is too much money though, but at least it's only 1 year. This way if he doesn't work out they can easily get rid of him next year. So for now it's only a taste of Semin for Carolina (sorry just had to).

Archived