The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Meeting An NHL Player

I've met the whole '10/'11 Wild roster as well as the '09/'10 roster... I DJ'd their private party both years. All I'm going to say is... none of them (or their wives/girlfriends) treated me like a "hired hand" but more like a friend they asked to DJ.

Oh I have a huge list of players I have met..

But, my biggest accomplishment was getting to meet Wayne Gretzky (twice), Alex Ovechkin, Sidney Crosby, Steven Stamkos, Marty Brodeur, the Sedins, Luongo, and Ryan Kesler.

Players I want to meet badly:

Alex Burrows, Trevor Linden, and Teemu Selanne

Players I have met:

Shane Doan, Jordan Eberle, Gabriel Landeskog, Matt Duchene, Max Pecioretty, Matt Moulson, Niklas Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk, Mike Green, Bobby Ryan, Pekka Rinne, Zdeno Chara, Martin St. Louis, Jeff Skinner, Shea Weber, Ryan Getzlaf, Dough Weight, Chris Chelios, Marty McSorely, Grant Fuhr, Mark Messier, Mike Richards, Dustin Brown, Drew Doughty, Jonathan Quick, Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Brett Hull, Bobby Hull, Jean Beliveau, Corey Perry, etc

Met last year's team before a game against the Minnesota Wild in St. Paul. Great guys to meet! Burrows is a class act. He's the only one that stayed and chatted for a few minutes with us. One of the other fans there dropped Lapierre's iPhone. Bieksa is another great signer/person to take a picture with.

Sedins seemed tough to get both together at the same time but I accomplished that this last time.

Out of the two years I have met the team, Aaron Rome is the only one that never stopped for a picture/autograph.

I've met Greg Hawgood before at an elementary school (while he was a Canuck for a short duration). I'm 100 percent sure that I struck up a conversation with him and got a signature from him as a result. Nice guy.

I've actually at one point had Matt Cooke added on FB (as a result of some strange events).

I've met:

Zigmund Palffy

Alex Frolov

Mike Cammalleri

Jason Krog

Taylor Pyatt

Matt Hendricks

Willie Mitchell

Alex Burrows

Ryan Kesler

Kevin Bieksa

Rod Brind'Amour

Rob Blake

Adam Graves

Markus Naslund

Brendan Morrison

Michael Handzus

Terry Yake

Eric Boguiniecki(sp?)

Ty Conklin

Jeff Hamilton

Mark Mowers

Jason Allison

Adam Deadmarsh

Joe Sakic

Brad Chartrand

Jerrod Smithson

Jaroslav Modry

Mattias Norstrom

I've met:

Zigmund Palffy

Alex Frolov

Mike Cammalleri

Jason Krog

Taylor Pyatt

Matt Hendricks

Willie Mitchell

Alex Burrows

Ryan Kesler

Kevin Bieksa

Rod Brind'Amour

Rob Blake

Adam Graves

Markus Naslund

Brendan Morrison

Michael Handzus

Terry Yake

Eric Boguiniecki(sp?)

Ty Conklin

Jeff Hamilton

Mark Mowers

Jason Allison

Adam Deadmarsh

Joe Sakic

Brad Chartrand

Jerrod Smithson

Jaroslav Modry

Mattias Norstrom

I shared a flight from Toronto to New York with Evander Kane (he was joining the Jets in NYC after his concussion) in January when I was on my way to see a Leafs @ Islanders game on Long Island. He was pretty cool, got his auto and spoke to him a little in the security line. Didn't ask for a photo or anything (as much as I would have liked too, never going to see any NHL players living in Scotland) 'cause I didn't want to catch too many peoples attention I guess.

Would love to meet Ovechkin and Sundin some day. James Reimer I think would be a guy who would be the easiest to talk too, seems like a really down to earth guy.

Archived