The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

What a game for the Titans.  Now just need to continue this as we got big division games against the Colts and Texans coming up.  

Also cant believe people actually had Jags as SB contenders. 

You can't believe what was the best d in the NFL last yesr would suddenly implode and quit on the offence for not producing?

How does New England even lose to the Titans? Or the Falcons Lise to the Browns? The NFL is weird.

Time for SNF.

Just now, Chip Kelly said:

You can't believe what was the best d in the NFL last yesr would suddenly implode and quit on the offence for not producing?

How does New England even lose to the Titans? Or the Falcons Lise to the Browns? The NFL is weird.

Time for SNF.

They weren't going anywhere with Bortles as a QB. 

5 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

They weren't going anywhere with Bortles as a QB. 

He shredded the Patriots pretty good earlier in the year. It was like it was all downhill after that. Fournette got hurt and the d got lit up by the Cowboys of all teams at Jerry World and now they are too far in the hole to make it back.

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

He shredded the Patriots pretty good earlier in the year. It was like it was all downhill after that. Fournette got hurt and the d got lit up by the Cowboys of all teams at Jerry World and now they are too far in the hole to make it back.

I will say I think they got hosed today.  Not sure the player that fumbled the ball but totally looked like he was down before the ball started coming out. 

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

Ugly interception by Wentz, but hopefully just due to rust from the bye week.

Need to run the ball more outside the tackles. Keep some offensive balance.

Golden Tate a complete non factor so far. Amari Cooper showed much more in his first game.

I am starting to wonder if Pederson is overrated as a coach and if the real brains of the Eagles offence were Frank Reich(Colts HC) and John DeFillipo (Vikings OC).

Wow that was a tough loss @c00kies.

Needed that game to keep pace with the Redskins and have a shot at the division.

Eagles are now long shots to make the playoffs.

Have the second hardest regular season schedule left in the entire NFL.

Too many injuries this year on both sides of the ball was their demise.

Was looking forward to next week's game vs the Saints as a measuring stick. Now it's just to see when they lose if it is a blowout or not.:(

11 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Wow that was a tough loss @c00kies.

Needed that game to keep pace with the Redskins and have a shot at the division.

Eagles are now long shots to make the playoffs.

Have the second hardest regular season schedule left in the entire NFL.

Too many injuries this year on both sides of the ball was their demise.

Was looking forward to next week's game vs the Saints as a measuring stick. Now it's just to see when they lose if it is a blowout or not.:(

Can really only lose one more game this year, which is going to be tough to do. I look back at not closing out against the Panthers and the Titans (4th and 20...). 

We aren't making plays and I wouldn't be scared to play us.

I wish we got to keep Frank for another season, but already stripped of our staff after one year :/

• Upvote 1

On 2018-11-11 at 3:51 PM, Pears said:

This is the most embarrassed I’ve ever been as a Bengals fan. If Austin and/or Lewis aren’t fired tomorrow I’m not watching another game for the rest of the year. 

This might make you feel better...

• Like 1

On 2018-11-11 at 4:44 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Time for SNF.

Titans came to play and the Pats didn't. Offence couldn't put together drives and the D did everything they could to stay in the game. Looked like the team was more interested in the bye week coming up than actually winning and playing the game.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Pears said:

Certainly does. The offense had its best years when Hue was here and we started 8-0 in 2015. 

Fantastic OC and has a good working relationship with Lewis and Dalton.  No real downside.  Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him get another shot at a HC job somewhere down the road.  Even Belichick couldn't win in Cleveland.

On 11/11/2018 at 4:35 PM, Van40 said:

Bye bye Hawks! No playoffs this year 

They still got a shot. They play the Pack on a TNF, and then get 10 days off before they play in Carolina. If they can win on Thursday they are right in the thick of things in the NFC. They play all the teams that they are competing for a WC spot with. The packers at home, Carolina on 10 days rest, the Vikings at home, plus 3 games against dumpster fires (ARI and SF).

They need to be really good down the stretch, but Pete Carroll teams notoriously are. I think 10 wins gets you in.

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

They still got a shot. They play the Pack on a TNF, and then get 10 days off before they play in Carolina. If they can win on Thursday they are right in the thick of things in the NFC. They play all the teams that they are competing for a WC spot with. The packers at home, Carolina on 10 days rest, the Vikings at home, plus 3 games against dumpster fires (ARI and SF).

They need to be really good down the stretch, but Pete Carroll teams notoriously are. I think 10 wins gets you in.

1I7TUZe.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

Gb, Car, Vikes, Chiefs are all losses. 7-9 best case scenario

Sea defense has been good but they need to be great for Sea to have a shot. 

Also, Russ is no Cam Newton.