The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

11 hours ago, Van40 said:

Gb, Car, Vikes, Chiefs are all losses. 7-9 best case scenario

Sea defense has been good but they need to be great for Sea to have a shot. 

Also, Russ is no Cam Newton. 

GB hasn't won a road game this season, and you think they will come into Seattle and and it will be an automatic win for them?

Like I said, Seattle gets Carolina basically off a bye (10 days rest) and that is a distinct advantage for them.

Minny on MNF at home, Seattle has to be favoured in that game

Kansas City will be a tough game, probably the toughest on the schedule, but there is a chance that they could have home field locked up by then and Andy Reid is notorious for resting players when there is nothing to play for.

Every single loss by Seattle this season has been by 1 score. They have been close, they just need to get that lucky break (something they have been missing the past couple years now).

Brady starting to show his age, BB better get on his replacement. 

MNF game relocated to LA because the field conditions in Mexico weren't up to snuff, smooth.

Laveon Bell, oh man you are going to regret this down the road.  What a dolt.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Laveon Bell, oh man you are going to regret this down the road.  What a dolt.

So he should of taken the tag and risked injury? If he tears an acl or achilles he doesn't get a mega deal in the offseason

And qbr is a horrible stat. 

Edited by Van40

3 hours ago, Van40 said:

So he should of taken the tag and risked injury? If he tears an acl or achilles he doesn't get a mega deal in the offseason

And qbr is a horrible stat. 

He is a colossal moron and is going to regret this decision down the road. 

19 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

He is a colossal moron and is going to regret this decision down the road. 

Does that make Earl Thomas an even bigger moron? 

I don't blame Bell for trying to guarantee his future before he is willing to go out there and risk his career. He is a back with an injury history. Ticking time bomb.

• Upvote 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/jeff-rohrer-—-retired-dallas-cowboys-linebacker-—-comes-out-as-gay-reveals-hes-getting-married/ar-BBPJLjj?li=AAggNb9

Retired NFL linebacker Jeff Rohrer is gay and set to become the first former or current NFL player in a same-sex marriage, he revealed in a new interview published on Wednesday.

In the New York Times story, Rohrer, 59, opened up about his sexuality for the first time.

“I’m sure there’s going to be some people out there who have a negative reaction to this,” Rohrer told the outlet, adding, “and I’m fine with it.”

Born and raised in Manhattan Beach, California, Rohrer played football in high school then at Yale University. He was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys after college and played for the Texas team from 1982 to 1989. Following his exit from the NFL, Rohrer pursued his passion for visual art and currently works in media.

Said Rohrer, “If I had told the Dallas Cowboys in the 1980s that I was gay, I would have been cut immediately. It was a different world back then, people didn’t want to hear that.”

In fact, it was football, he says, that kept him for coming out for so long.

A gay Cowboy (not that there's anything wrong with that) how apropos....

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Michael Sam sure didn't get much of a chance.  I wonder if he would have had a career (much like Rohrer) if he kept his sexuality quiet?  Maybe the player would have to be a top notch difference maker to keep his job?  I really doubt the players in the room really care, just so long as the guy helped the team win games. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Michael Sam sure didn't get much of a chance.  I wonder if he would have had a career (much like Rohrer) if he kept his sexuality quiet?  Maybe the player would have to be a top notch difference maker to keep his job?  I really doubt the players in the room really care, just so long as the guy helped the team win games. 

If Tom Brady came out as gay 5 years ago, he still would have had a starting role on a team (likely the Pats).

Sam just wasn't that great, and the reason he doesn't have an NFL career is because of a lack of skill.

5 minutes ago, c00kies said:

If Tom Brady came out as gay 5 years ago, he still would have had a starting role on a team (likely the Pats).

Sam just wasn't that great, and the reason he doesn't have an NFL career is because of a lack of skill.

I'll even go one step further and ask if he didn't come out as gay would he have been drafted at all?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I'll even go one step further and ask if he didn't come out as gay would he have been drafted at all?

Yeah, I think the same thing tbh. I only knew him because he was gay, not because he was good. 

He didn't work in the CFL either.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Yeah, I think the same thing tbh. I only knew him because he was gay, not because he was good. 

He didn't work in the CFL either.

This was basically my thinking. I don't watch ncaa so I don't know how he performed pre draft. But post draft if you can't make it n the CFL then I don't know why you were drafted lol.