The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Does he know?

Cause i can name a lot of teams that would rather him as their QB.

Did you mean to say does he "now"? instead of does he "know"? If the latter I doubt it. He's a NFL QB, I hardly think a guy makes it to the NFL thinking he sucks.

You wasted a post. Instead of saying you would rather.... you should just list the teams. Then we discuss.

Messed up week in football. A lot of surprise wins. Was shocked at the Hawks and Pats game though it's quite obvious the home team gets the majority of the 50/50 calls. It would be interesting if they were in the division so the Pats could have a game at home against them.

Arizona

Seattle

San Francisco

St.louis

Tampa bay

Baltimore

Cleveland

Cincinnati

Houston

Jacksonville

Tennessee

Buffalo

Ny jets

Miami

As a Miami fan ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!! We have our future QB to build around now in Tannehill! Keep that jeckyll and hyde qb in Dallas I want no part of him on the phins.

Balt,S.F,St.L and Houston would not want him as their starter either, they are just fine. I think you are going a little overboard with the Romo love here.

As a Miami fan ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!! We have our future QB to build around now in Tannehill! Keep that jeckyll and hyde qb in Dallas I want no part of him on the phins.

Balt,S.F,St.L and Houston would not want him as their starter either, they are just fine. I think you are going a little overboard with the Romo love here.

Id say Cincy, Tennessee, St.Louis and possibly Jacksonville are happy with the QB's they have as well.

Anybody have a secondary for sale? No, I mean like a complete secondary? My god that was embarassing today.

Good on the Seahawks for coming back, but man did we ever blow that one. Those fans are nuts too. Lotsa fun today, but wish we coulda finished the job. Now 3-3, and making the playoffs is a tough task.

How was that an OPI on Edwards? Blame the officials, that'll get you far. I could say the same for the numerous holds on Mebane and Clemons. Refs let them play and the non-calls balance it each other. We outplayed the Pats, period.

If Edwards didn't push his guy away from him as he was going back for the ball, that wouldn't have been a TD. And yes I can blame the officials because the majority of the penalties on the Pats in the 2nd half were brutally weak. Nah you didn't outplay us. If you outplayed us, the score differential would've probably been more but its not.

Great seeing the Bills with an unexpected win against the Cards...

...but I still have to shake my head at their efforts to give the game away in the 4th. A deep ball out of the wildcat when you're protecting a lead late in the game? 3 and out on the next possession with three straight running plays into the teeth of the 'Zona defense?

I'll take the win, but it was uglier than a Mike Ricci / Rita McNeil lovechild....

Man, what an experience! Saturday night was beautiful, clear, pretty warm. Walked around downtown Seattle in my white Gronk jersey and saw so many other Patriots fans. Met tons of people who flew in from Boston, or as they say, Bastin, for the game because they follow the Pats to all away games.

Got to the field early, got a good spot near the Pats tunnel. Didn't have a sharpie so couldn't get anything signed (quite a few pats signed) but got to shake Robert Kraft's hand, along with others like mccourty,chung,jones,branch..etc. Best part, being within 5 feet of Tom Brady (mancrush). He was pretty cool, smiled and waved to everyone, stood in the tunnel for a bit. Got some great pictures of the guys coming in and out of the tunnel..will post a couple whenever the gf decides to take them off her camera.

The game itself was crazy. Century Link can get loud and most of the fans are mature and good, welcoming people. There's the occassional group of idiots here an dthere. Our secondary blows.

That p.i call on us on the running back pass could have easily been avoided. Just terrible. 2 interceptions off of 2 tipped passes. But what did it was those 3 points left off the board at the end of the half! Brady takes the intentional grounding, half ends, and we don't get a chance for the easy 3 points. Those points = win. Even though we lost a close one, it didn't make or break my trip at all. So much fun. Next up: head back to Gilette for a game towards the end of the year or next season for training camp when the Saints go to Foxboro.

edit: It was also Canada Day at CenturyLink yesterday, never once did I ever see myself singing Oh Canada at a NFL game, but it happened.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Anybody have a secondary for sale? No, I mean like a complete secondary? My god that was embarassing today.

Good on the Seahawks for coming back, but man did we ever blow that one. Those fans are nuts too. Lotsa fun today, but wish we coulda finished the job. Now 3-3, and making the playoffs is a tough task.

All 3 of our losses have been by 2 points or less I believe, missed field goal by gost., last second field goal by baltimore, and the last minute TD by seahawks. I don't see this team, especially this offense, having a worse record than the Phins, Bills and the Jets. If we do, we have bigger problems than just the secondary.

All 3 of our losses have been by 2 points or less I believe, missed field goal by gost., last second field goal by baltimore, and the last minute TD by seahawks. I don't see this team, especially this offense, having a worse record than the Phins, Bills and the Jets. If we do, we have bigger problems than just the secondary.

Next up: Jets, Rams, Bills, Colts. Should be four wins. SHOULD be. We shall see. If they can't get the deep pass coverage figured out, teams will pick us apart. If they're not caught, you know the PI flag will be thrown.

Man, what an experience! Saturday night was beautiful, clear, pretty warm. Walked around downtown Seattle in my white Gronk jersey and saw so many other Patriots fans. Met tons of people who flew in from Boston, or as they say, Bastin, for the game because they follow the Pats to all away games.

Got to the field early, got a good spot near the Pats tunnel. Didn't have a sharpie so couldn't get anything signed (quite a few pats signed) but got to shake Robert Kraft's hand, along with others like mccourty,chung,jones,branch..etc. Best part, being within 5 feet of Tom Brady (mancrush). He was pretty cool, smiled and waved to everyone, stood in the tunnel for a bit. Got some great pictures of the guys coming in and out of the tunnel..will post a couple whenever the gf decides to take them off her camera.

The game itself was crazy. Century Link can get loud and most of the fans are mature and good, welcoming people. There's the occassional group of idiots here an dthere. Our secondary blows.

That p.i call on us on the running back pass could have easily been avoided. Just terrible. 2 interceptions off of 2 tipped passes. But what did it was those 3 points left off the board at the end of the half! Brady takes the intentional grounding, half ends, and we don't get a chance for the easy 3 points. Those points = win. Even though we lost a close one, it didn't make or break my trip at all. So much fun. Next up: head back to Gilette for a game towards the end of the year or next season for training camp when the Saints go to Foxboro.

edit: It was also Canada Day at CenturyLink yesterday, never once did I ever see myself singing Oh Canada at a NFL game, but it happened.

One of my dreams right now is to go see the Pats at Foxboro... Before Brady retires. I just hope my family goes to Boston sometime soon (although I highly doubt it because of what happened against the Bruins) but still... I REALLY want to watch a game at Gillette stadium. Or at least the Pats live... Could've bought the game in Seattle to watch them but I guess I got lazy :(

One of my dreams right now is to go see the Pats at Foxboro... Before Brady retires. I just hope my family goes to Boston sometime soon (although I highly doubt it because of what happened against the Bruins) but still... I REALLY want to watch a game at Gillette stadium. Or at least the Pats live... Could've bought the game in Seattle to watch them but I guess I got lazy :(

Shouldn't of been lazy, it was incredible (even though we did lose). How old are you? Why don't you go to Boston without your family with some friends? You can get cheap flights out of Bellingham and even cheaper out of Seattle (stay 1 night at a tukwila hotel, park there for free and they have a free shuttle to the airport). The rest is just accomodations (do you want a fancy hotel? or will a best western do?) and tickets. i'd say it'd be a $1000-$1200 trip if you did a fly out friday, fly back sunday after the game deal. The rest you spend would just be whatever you spend on food and shopping.

I'm thinking about driving down next August and taking in a few days of training camp.

Shouldn't of been lazy, it was incredible (even though we did lose). How old are you? Why don't you go to Boston without your family with some friends? You can get cheap flights out of Bellingham and even cheaper out of Seattle (stay 1 night at a tukwila hotel, park there for free and they have a free shuttle to the airport). The rest is just accomodations (do you want a fancy hotel? or will a best western do?) and tickets. i'd say it'd be a $1000-$1200 trip if you did a fly out friday, fly back sunday after the game deal. The rest you spend would just be whatever you spend on food and shopping.

I'm thinking about driving down next August and taking in a few days of training camp.

I'm turning 19 in December and none of my closest friends watch football. I mean, I could wait again in like 2 or 3 years when the Pats go back to Seattle but by then, I'm not sure how Brady will fair.

Seems like they play the Seahawks every 4 or 5 years..

I'm turning 19 in December and none of my closest friends watch football. I mean, I could wait again in like 2 or 3 years when the Pats go back to Seattle but by then, I'm not sure how Brady will fair.

Seems like they play the Seahawks every 4 or 5 years..

what if for their next meeting Seattle goes to foxboro?