The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Also, thank you Minnesota. I will be the biggest Colts fan next week. With a loss to the Colts next week and a Patriots win (vs the Fins, in Foxborough, in December, c'mon) the Patriots will finish as the #1 seed!

edit: So the AFC teams are set, Colts and Bengals in as wildcards. So even if the Pats don't get the bye, we will have a rookie QB visit Foxborough in January... :bigblush:

You mean 2nd right? Denver has got 1st place if the Texans lose, unless if they lose to KC.

Hoping for the bye as well.

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect

Coming into today Brady had a combined 34 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Manning came in with 31 combined touchdowns and 10 interceptions. After today Brady has a combined 36 touchdowns and 8 interceptions and it looks like Manning will come out of today with a combined 34 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. Assuming Brady has 2 more TD's next week, Manning will need a 4 touchdown game next week (unless he throws more today) to tie Brady for total touchdowns. And I doubt Brady will throw 3 INTs tomorrow. So actually, it looks like Brady will have more TDs and less INTs.

Either way, no one knows how the panel of 50 will vote so guess we'll just wait.

Brady vs. Manning with 1 game to play:

Brady: 379/601 (63.1%), 4685 yards (7.79 y/att), 32 TD, 8 INT (75.1 att/INT), 98.3 QB Rating

Manning: 377/554 (68.1%), 4355 yards (7.86 y/att), 34 TD, 11 INT(50.3 att/INT), 103.7 QB Rating

Brady has a better INT ratio. Other than that, Manning has the edge in every other category.

Seattle is a great example of a great team. It shows what a dedicated group of players can do if they trust one another and work their tails off for one another.

And yes Russell Wilson is for real.

As a Rams fan, I am built to hate the Sh*thawks. But I really like the evolution that is starting in the NFL this year. Looking at what RG3 and Wilson have been able to do running offences that have been traditionally kept out of the pros. The Read option stuff as a base for your offence is fantastic stuff if you have a QB like these guys, and College is littered with them 5 years ago an option QB would hope to be converted to WR to have a chance of making it in the pros (and there are many of them; Brad Smith, Josh Cribbs, Julien Edilman, Antwan Randle El). Now it seems that more and more coaches are willing to adapt their offence around these guys instead of forcing them to adapt to becomming the "normal" NFL QB.

Can't wait for the day when Chip Kelly becomes and Offensive Coordinator somewhere and wins a SB with a year or two. Then the doors would be blown WIDE open.