The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

15 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I get all that, I just think on this board alone the reaction would be drastically different if Brown wasn't on the pats.  

Not for me, I thought he was a nutjob when he was with the Steelers, and I'm a Steelers fan. Glad they got rid of him.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I get all that, I just think on this board alone the reaction would be drastically different if Brown wasn't on the pats.  

Nah it would be the same Brown has been a nut show for quite a while now. His stint in Oakland is evidence of that. 

43 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

To be fair you acquire the player, you acquire his problems. Lets not forget the Pats traded for Haynesworth while he was being charged with sexual assault pleading no contest... 

And just as anyone shouldn't jump the gun saying Brown is guilty, I think some should ease up on “poking holes” in her story and calling it a false claim. It is far too soon for anyone to jump to any conclusions here.

Due process for sure. 

That said, she has one heck of a hill to climb if she plans on taking this to a conclusion.  That said, the whole thing still stinks.  This is timed perfectly to try and force a huge settlement from Antonio Brown and then she can get out of trouble/debt with the IRS.

It always bugs me when someone comes out waaay after the alleged incident especially when money is playing a prominent role.  If this happened last week and she came after him criminally as well as civilly, I'd be a lot less skeptical of her story and motives and get a cup of popcorn ready to watch the sh*tshow that is Antonio Brown's life unfold.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Due process for sure. 

That said, she has one heck of a hill to climb if she plans on taking this to a conclusion.  That said, the whole thing still stinks.  This is timed perfectly to try and force a huge settlement from Antonio Brown and then she can get out of trouble/debt with the IRS.

It always bugs me when someone comes out waaay after the alleged incident especially when money is playing a prominent role.  If this happened last week and she came after him criminally as well as civilly, I'd be a lot less skeptical of her story and motives and get a cup of popcorn ready to watch the sh*tshow that is Antonio Brown's life unfold.

I do believe though part of the reason some of these take so long to come out is every time it does against someone famous there are thousands jumping on the accuser of making it up. 

It could be true, it could be false time will tell but even if true she will be attacked by fans of Brown and the NFL. Not an easy spot to be in. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I do believe though part of the reason some of these take so long to come out is every time it does against someone famous there are thousands jumping on the accuser of making it up. 

It could be true, it could be false time will tell but even if true she will be attacked by fans of Brown and the NFL. Not an easy spot to be in. 

I imagine that it also takes time to come to terms with it.  There's just too much extra stuff with this accusation for it to hold water without multiple leaks.

Look at what happened here in Buffalo with Evander Kane.  He was already getting hit with actual solid allegations then a white trash mother and daughter tried to scam and frame him for settlement money.

• Cheers 1

Part of it is shame....because there is judgement and people do question.  Skeptics will paint pictures that are unflattering at times.

I don't know where the truth lies in this and will reserve judgement until it  becomes known.  But for every scamming gold digger there's a legit "victim" who is ashamed, scared, etc. to come forward.   Sometimes they have to figure it all out in their own mind in a "how did (I let) it happen?" way before they put it out there for others.  Shock also factors in a wth just happened way.   

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Nah it would be the same Brown has been a nut show for quite a while now. His stint in Oakland is evidence of that. 

No way him getting out of Oakland, and getting signed right away by the evil empire, was a coincidence.

It would be great if they have to pay him and not being able to use his services.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

No way him getting out of Oakland, and getting signed right away by the evil empire, was a coincidence.

It would be great if they have to pay him and not being able to use his services.

I don't think he originally went to Oakland with the intention to scam his way to Boston after, but I wouldn't discount the idea that once things got hairy in Oakland, New England got a hold of Rosenhaus and made overtures and once Brown was told by his agent, he did what he could to get out of Oakland asap.....  and succeeded.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Part of it is shame....because there is judgement and people do question.  Skeptics will paint pictures that are unflattering at times.

I don't know where the truth lies in this and will reserve judgement until it  becomes known.  But for every scamming gold digger there's a legit "victim" who is ashamed, scared, etc. to come forward.   Sometimes they have to figure it all out in their own mind in a "how did (I let) it happen?" way before they put it out there for others.  Shock also factors in in a wth just happened way.   

If that's all there was to the story, I'd think the same exact thing, but with her having a huge debt to the IRS that she can't escape even with bankruptcy coupled with just going after money in a civil suit instead of justice in a criminal court, I'm far from wanting to take her word for it.  Money makes people do stupid things.

If EP40 were in this exact same situation, much of CDC would be up in arms and ranting all over the internet about her being a money hungry gold digger.

Either way, he's likely going to end up on paid leave on the commissioners exempt list.  That helps my hometown Buffalo Bills.

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

If that's all there was to the story, I'd think the same exact thing, but with her having a huge debt to the IRS that she can't escape even with bankruptcy coupled with just going after money in a civil suit instead of justice in a criminal court, I'm far from wanting to take her word for it.  Money makes people do stupid things.

If EP40 were in this exact same situation, much of CDC would be up in arms and ranting all over the internet about her being a money hungry gold digger.

Either way, he's likely going to end up on paid leave on the commissioners exempt list.  That helps my hometown Buffalo Bills.

Drew Rosenhaus, biased as he is, left himself open big time to defamation suits by flat out saying this is a cash grab. I don’t think he says that on a planned media conference call if he wasn’t fully sure. She may be a legitimate victim, but it’s hard to see a powerhouse agent (who has many high profile clients besides just AB) making that kind of claim without him having extra info the public doesn’t. 

Both for her sake (I assume no one wants to be a victim of sexual assault), and for selfish reasons, I hope this is just a quick attempt at a cash grab to pay the irs. 

For Brown, there’s 2 scenarios in which he appears guilty and only 1 scenario in which he doesn’t. Obviously if he’s guilty, he’s guilty. If he decides to just pay her just enough to pay the irs to get this over with, people will always assume he did it rather than the cash grab was successful. The only way his name will be “clear” is if the long process of investigation, indictment, not guilty plead, trial, not guilty verdict plays out. 

I refer back to my previous post: Josh Gordon please stay away from the kush :lol:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Drew Rosenhaus, biased as he is, left himself open big time to defamation suits by flat out saying this is a cash grab. I don’t think he says that on a planned media conference call if he wasn’t fully sure. She may be a legitimate victim, but it’s hard to see a powerhouse agent (who has many high profile clients besides just AB) making that kind of claim without him having extra info the public doesn’t. 

Both for her sake (I assume no one wants to be a victim of sexual assault), and for selfish reasons, I hope this is just a quick attempt at a cash grab to pay the irs. 

For Brown, there’s 2 scenarios in which he appears guilty and only 1 scenario in which he doesn’t. Obviously if he’s guilty, he’s guilty. If he decides to just pay her just enough to pay the irs to get this over with, people will always assume he did it rather than the cash grab was successful. The only way his name will be “clear” is if the long process of investigation, indictment, not guilty plead, trial, not guilty verdict plays out. 

I refer back to my previous post: Josh Gordon please stay away from the kush :lol:

Rosenhaus may also figure that he has more to gain than lose.  Defamation without actual immediate economic damage might cost him $150-200k.  Less if she's willing to settle instead of dragging defamation into a long trial.

On the flip side, he's showing to any and all prospective clients that he will go to bat for them like he is with Brown.  That's potentially worth millions to him.

As for Brown's reputation, it's trashed whether he's innocent or guilty.  Just look at Big Ben in Pittsburgh.  If he's going to pay now, it will be to get her to sign an NDA to stop talking about it and not testify in any future criminal investigation started by a District Attorney.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

I don't think he originally went to Oakland with the intention to scam his way to Boston after, but I wouldn't discount the idea that once things got hairy in Oakland, New England got a hold of Rosenhaus and made overtures and once Brown was told by his agent, he did what he could to get out of Oakland asap.....  and succeeded.

Drew is piece of work, AB fits well with some of his past clients like Sapp, Burress, Hill etc.

25 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Drew is piece of work, AB fits well with some of his past clients like Sapp, Burress, Hill etc.

Everyone has to make a living I suppose.  He's widely considered one of the best NFL agents around so he gets some of the biggest names to represent.  Unfortunately for him at times like this, like a lawyer (he is one as well), he's paid to defend his clients.  It's rare-ish to see any agent dump a big contract.

5 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I don't know where the truth lies in this and will reserve judgement until it  becomes known.  But for every scamming gold digger there's a legit "victim" who is ashamed, scared, etc. to come forward.   Sometimes they have to figure it all out in their own mind in a "how did (I let) it happen?" way before they put it out there for others.  Shock also factors in in a wth just happened way.   

I think I remember you hopping on the Patriots bandwagon too...

Supporting the Patriots is a moral dilemma on all levels.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Isn’t this a civil case?  I think so.  Then the lady is after money only, right?  This would be a criminal case if the evidence supported the burden of proof needed to convict.  The civil trial is only preponderance of evidence.  It’s a much lower standard of proof.  I can certainly see why AB’s representative said this is a “cash grab”.  Sure AB could be guilty as heck, but why is (or was) there not a criminal trial?  

14 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Another reason is that it might help people believe you if the perp goes through something that muddies his/her reputation. Star WR that is a bit quirky versus receiver who has been in fits with managers etc...

It's also the reason why I think more people tend to come out after one person breaks it, because it becomes more and more likely that people will believe you.

• Cheers 1