The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

19 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

You're making the same assumptions over and over without anything to back them up.  We're just going in circles which is getting us nowhere fast.

This kind of arguing reminds me of when I took on half of CDC about Lu's cap recapture.  People kept saying what the NHL could and couldn't do.  I kept trying to explain why the cap recapture would happen if he retired.  Nobody would listen.  Finally it happened this season and grand delusions of Aquaman suing the league went up in smoke.

The league has wide latitude on what they can do.  Furthermore with sports betting now federally legal, Congress could decide to get involved in this for some election year attention.  If that happens, attention-hog Trump could jump in with the DOJ since he already has multiple bones to pick with the NFL.

The latest from Ian Rappoport is the the league will rap this up quickly by the end of the day and it is likely to be just fines for what I mentioned in the my post. 

Edited by peaches5

2 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

The latest from Ian Rappoport is the the league will rap this up quickly by the end of the day and it is likely to be just fines for what I mentioned in the my post. 

Can you give me a link to it.  It's not on his Twitter timeline and I don't see any new articles on it on NFL.com

If his reporting turns out to be accurate and it's just swept under the rug again, there's going to be an owner revolt in the off-season.  Jerry Jones already has a bone to pick with Goodell and he still has influence in the league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Can you give me a link to it.  It's not on his Twitter timeline and I don't see any new articles on it on NFL.com

If his reporting turns out to be accurate and it's just swept under the rug again, there's going to be an owner revolt in the off-season.  Jerry Jones already has a bone to pick with Goodell and he still has influence in the league.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I have no hate for the Patriots, but for the sake of the game, I really hope the NFL doesn't sweep this under the rug.  Taking away championships will never happen and it's a silly proposal, but at a bare minimum they need to see heavier fines than the first Spygate and more lost picks.

Like I said, this is an election year.  Don't give politicians an easy way like this to get their faces in the news cycle.  I can see Trump now tweeting something like, "Looks like I'll also have to drain the NFL swamp".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

The only delusional one here is you. Deflategate had more than one team complaining about balls being deflated. When the NFL investigate they found The Patriots staff taking the balls into a training room with no camera to show what they were doing when they were supposed to deliver the balls directly to the field. Here you have a cameraman filming the field while filming a TV web series and even if he was filming it for Belichick there's no evidence this ever gets to Belichick. There is a huge difference there. There needs to be a connection and prior history isn't a connection. Unless there is a connection made the NFL is not going to be able to come down hard.

image.png.86bb77711b6d3663afb9f2a673e581fb.png

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Would you turn one down from Melania?

image.png.a1f26d48d7a52749e9c5e196eafe2132.png

She's still pretty good looking (way to good for Fat Donny) but a while back I stumbled across some early photos of her, sans clothing. (while "researching" a story about Roger Stone leaking them :blush:)

...she looked damn good back then.

I can totally see why Bone Spurs clicked "Add to Cart"......

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I have no hate for the Patriots, but for the sake of the game, I really hope the NFL doesn't sweep this under the rug.  Taking away championships will never happen and it's a silly proposal, but at a bare minimum they need to see heavier fines than the first Spygate and more lost picks.

Like I said, this is an election year.  Don't give politicians an easy way like this to get their faces in the news cycle.  I can see Trump now tweeting something like, "Looks like I'll also have to drain the NFL swamp".

If there is no connection to anything more sinnister it's going to get swept under the rug. 

8 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

If there is no connection to anything more sinnister it's going to get swept under the rug. 

Unless Goodell is willing to p*ss off a lot of owners by deciding this alone, my guess is that he has a conference call in the morning with some of the more influential owners to decide what's going to be done.

5 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Unless Goodell is willing to p*ss off a lot of owners by deciding this alone, my guess is that he has a conference call in the morning with some of the more influential owners to decide what's going to be done.

NFL.com had a longer video of that interview that I couldn't find but apparently the owners and NFL are already meeting for some unrelated thing tonight, or something along those lines and that is why this was expected to be ruled on very quickly.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

My team handled them quite easily on Turkey Day and the Eagles murdered my team earlier this season.  The Eagles have it in them to destroy the Cowboys.

I would like to believe that is possible but the Eagles are absolutely decimated by injuries on the offensive side of the ball.

Top OL,Top 2WR, and without top RB for likely rest of the season.

4 hours ago, peaches5 said:

They don't have someone spilling the beans here. They have someone recording for a web episode. Unless someone comes forward there is nothing the NFL can really do. 

The Patriots won't ever stop until Belichick and Kraft get enormous fines and lose their first round picks for the next 3 years.

• Upvote 1

The Patriots are certified cheaters who don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. We should call into question all their achievements including the legacy of their players. Also the defense being used, "why would he wear Boston gear?" doesn't fly. Well put together cheating schemes are usually foiled by someone who is willing to spill the the beans (Mangini) or some insignificant idiot who decides to put on Bruins gear. No one ever accused Bruins fans of having good judgement. 

8 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

While I wouldn't kick her out of bed, I have never thought Melania was very pretty.  I think Ivanka is more attractive than Melania.  As does Daddy Trump.

100% agreed 

7 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

She's still pretty good looking (way to good for Fat Donny) but a while back I stumbled across some early photos of her, sans clothing. (while "researching" a story about Roger Stone leaking them :blush:)

...she looked damn good back then.

I can totally see why Bone Spurs clicked "Add to Cart"......

hmmm.... can you cite your sources for your, ahem, research? :bigblush:

• Haha 1