The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R G M G part 2 [ST.LOUIS AND TAMPA BAY OPEN!]

Patrick Kane

Also...

Giroux28:

Hey guys,

Yesterday, I went hiking with a few buddies of mine and unfortunately had a spill and blew out my knee and severely injured my ankle, with probably a slight fracture and some damaged ligaments. I am currently leaving to go to the hospital, and will be there all day in all liklihood, judging from previous experiences.

As much as it pains me to do so, I am going to have to step down as the commisssioner of the league, and from my stand as general manager of the Colorado Avalanche. I am going to hospital shortly to get a MRI as well some x-rays, and I do not know the extent of my injury. It may be a few days before I know what procedures are going to happen on my body, but the rest of today will be spent in the hospital and I am unsure about the remainder of the week.

Rather than having the game close, I was hoping someone would take the reigns and get this draft completed and get the game going into the offseason. There are more than enough people here capable of running a game, and with the experience to do so. With all the GMs in place, and the roles of the BOG determined, there is not much to do other than conduct the draft today, and going forward.

Going forward, I know my rep is going to take a hit, and I am prepared for it. People are going to say what they are, and I am fully prepared for the heat I am going to take. It pains me far more than it hurts anyone else to step aside, but it is something that I have to do. I know I am a control freak and wanted to fun all facets of the game, which with my resignation, will be harder to fall. I have given my all to this game, and wanted to run it successfully with the group of the guys that we have. Unfortunately, I don't know how long I will be gone, coupled with the fact that I have a summer semester that I will have to most likely catch up on because it starts tomorrow and I probably won't be attending class.

I want to thank everyone involved in the game, from those who were interested in joining and there was no room, to those who have been around since the beginning of the PHL franchise. You don't know how much it pains me to write this message because I loved this game, and was emotionally attached to it. However, my health and education comes first, and I have to make sure that I am fully healthy during my semesters in university.

For someone wanting to run the game from here on in, to get the draft results, use the spreadsheet from editgrid and copy and paste it into the new one that you will be operating with. I would have given out the username and password, but the password I have been using is a personal one and I don't really want to give it out.

Again, I want to thank everyone, and hopefully I make a speedy recovery so that I can join the game again if I am healthy. However, judging by the extent of my injuries, I will probably going under the knife at some point, so that will be an extensive recovering period.

Hope everyone understands my situation, and if you hate me for it, I completely understand, but I really don't have any alternative. I am off to the hospital now, so I won't be around CDC until at least mid-week, so any PM's regarding the game could go to any of the BOG, and they would be more than pleased to answer your questions.

Best regards,

Nick Folkman

(Giroux28)

Just going to put this out there.... During PHL, SheaWeber6 and Giroux28 were active at the same time. SW6 Co-ordinated the draft while G28 just commished the league.

I don't see how this is possible without getting banned.

Also, while trying to trade with G28, he shot down every offer saying he didn't want to trade until the draft/season was over. SW6 asked me about a few picks/players.

Archived