The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where I live, people need jobs.  It all comes down to that.  A budget has passed the House of Representatives, and has gone no where in the Senate.  This budget needs to pass because it contains tax rules that affect small businesses, which are not run like corporations, and without it, it will affect future hiring trends.

The ACA also known as Obamacare will affect hiring because it mandates that employers provide health insurance.  Instead of paying your employees more, or adding more employees, employers will now have to add this benefit.  The average benefit plan costs an employer about $15,000 per employee per year for a family plan.  A true free market would allow employers to pay their employees more, say $10,000 a year or more, and let them buy their own insurance plan on the free mareket or whatever they want to spend that money on.  More money in their pocket, more money they will spend, and the better the overall economy will do.

Where I live, people need jobs. It all comes down to that. A budget has passed the House of Representatives, and has gone no where in the Senate. This budget needs to pass because it contains tax rules that affect small businesses, which are not run like corporations, and without it, it will affect future hiring trends.

The ACA also known as Obamacare will affect hiring because it mandates that employers provide health insurance. Instead of paying your employees more, or adding more employees, employers will now have to add this benefit. The average benefit plan costs an employer about $15,000 per employee per year for a family plan. A true free market would allow employers to pay their employees more, say $10,000 a year or more, and let them buy their own insurance plan on the free mareket or whatever they want to spend that money on. More money in their pocket, more money they will spend, and the better the overall economy will do.

3 hypocritical Republican paradoxes that I can't see how anyone in their party can justify:

1) They claim to want to balance the budget, BUT always support huge tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations despite that they are proven to increase the defecit.

2) They claim to want to slash government spending as much as possible, BUT not only do they always refuse to cut defense spending, they persistently insist on increasing it.

3) They say that government should have virtually no involvement in people's lives, BUT they want a constitutional ban on abortion.

Even if I supported this party's economic policies (which anyways I don't), if I was an American I just couldn't bring myself to vote for them, because they're some of the slimiest, most dishonest crooks in the country.

Where I live, people need jobs. It all comes down to that. A budget has passed the House of Representatives, and has gone no where in the Senate. This budget needs to pass because it contains tax rules that affect small businesses, which are not run like corporations, and without it, it will affect future hiring trends.

The ACA also known as Obamacare will affect hiring because it mandates that employers provide health insurance. Instead of paying your employees more, or adding more employees, employers will now have to add this benefit. The average benefit plan costs an employer about $15,000 per employee per year for a family plan. A true free market would allow employers to pay their employees more, say $10,000 a year or more, and let them buy their own insurance plan on the free mareket or whatever they want to spend that money on. More money in their pocket, more money they will spend, and the better the overall economy will do.

Economic booms and busts are inherent to our way of life - it matters not who is in power. People want to blame the last crisis on Bush, or Obama, or whomever. the reality is that mortgage backed securities became a reality for an entirely different reason. The increased polaraziation of wealth - a smaller middle class, a growing working/lower class and more billionaires than ever - resulted in more capital in the hands of fewer and fewer people. Of course, with said polarization a problem arises. What does one do with their capital? (After all, if it is not used to augment itself is ceases to become capital.)

The first question is why is there a smaller middle class in N. America/West today? The reasons are numerous but I would suggest that the biggest reason would be due to the free trade agreements so typical since the 60s; which took hold like never before in the 80s. This was a reaction to the increased power of the middle class. They were receiving higher wages than ever before, and as a result profits were down. The easiest was to combat this was to break labour. This was done by way of opening up other labour markets. That is, increasing the supply of labour to the point whereby its pricce decreased. Interestingly enough this shift corresponds with the shift of power to Merchant and Fincance capital and the decrease of power in Production capital. Companies such as Wal-Mart and Visa have become bigger than ever, whereas most people have no idea as to the name of the Chinese company who made their jeans or hats and has since been branded and sold by another company. This have become possible because of the deregulation of markets.

Moreover, companies like Visa, Mastercard and any other creditor grew and grew in part 'cause of the wage stagnation that resulted from the disciplining of labour. People continued to earn less relative to the cost of living but remained focused on a certain way of life/level of consumption. Hence, a crisis of effective demand (no one to buy goods) was avoided for a good amount of time. Moreover, as the geography of multinational companies grew and grew, the more important finance became. Having the right amount of money and the right speed and time became critical in order to ensure a seemless realization of profits.

What this all amounts to, as I stated earlier, was record profits. The amount of capital accumulated by a small amount of people has become simply astounding. Here is the problem however. The more capital one accumulates the harder it becomes to find places to put it back into circulation. That is, there are less and less markets where one can realize a return. So what is one to do? The simplified version, in my opinion, is to invent a market. And there you have the birth of derivatives, sub-prime mortgages and so on.

I have rambled for far too long, so I will only say this: It is in my opinion that not a single President, Prime Minister, Chancellor or what have you, in the past 30 years, could have stopped this trend from happening. There are certain things that could slow it: wars, natural disasters and so on (allowing for the reopening of markets), but aside from that politics is a sideshow with very little impact in my opinion.

And for the Ron Paul lovers out there: being a libertarian would simply speed up the process highlighted previously. There is a reason the saying "a capitalist will sell you the rope you use to hang him with" exists. If markets are deregulated 100% then all hell would break loose.

/rant.

Really?

http://in.reuters.co...E87S18U20120829

(Reuters) - Republican Mitt Romney pulled even with President Barack Obama in a Reuters/Ipsos poll on Wednesday, getting a boost from his party's nominating convention in Tampa this week.

In a four-day rolling poll, Romney and Obama were deadlocked among likely voters at 43 percent each. That was an improvement for Romney from Obama's two-point lead on Tuesday and four-point lead on Monday.

I think the point is, regardless of political ideology, they both play for the same team - the foreign bankers.

One is a much better actor than the other, which is why he'll be re-elected.

The other says a whole lotta nothing - mostly fluff - and then tries to **** you from behind. He also believes that an angel named Moroni delivered golden plates, which no-one ever saw, to some guy named Joseph Smith - the "truth" of Jesus Christ. It's pretty nutty.

Either way, it's a gigantic fail for America and will ensure them at least 4 more years of misery. Not looking forward to it.

Archived